WTC View - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

WTC View Reviews

½ March 8, 2014
Tragic and personal :(
May 13, 2011
A wildly mixed movie with some good moments but is held back by poor acting and a lack of visual flair.

One particularly powerful moment shines through and the movie takes a bit of a heavy handed view on PTSD but does get its point across.

Laboured by original
½ June 7, 2009
kinda boring at times. and really sad and depressing. i only watched this cause it had the guy from ugly betty in it.
½ May 20, 2009
Awkwardly hybrid. Attempted to merge the post-911 shocks & emotions into the fictional story but turns out to be partly serious, partly comical & uncomfortable. Michael Urie's sometimes solid, sometimes over the top acting reinforces it even further.
March 27, 2009
Should never have made the transfer to film. Too claustrophobic, too tepid, too boring for the screen. Urie is competent in the role, but almost everyone else is too theatrical, over-the-top, and just plan bad. Maybe I just didn't understand it, but the central character seems too paranoid to be believed, and the film suffers for this reason.
½ February 11, 2009
Based on a play, this adaptation to film makes little changes to the setting. A man looking for a roomate for his apartment with a view of the World Trade Center right after 9/11 talks to prospective roomates as well as his best friend, making for various opinions and stages of grief.

Which I'm sure would be an interesting amaeteur theatrical production, but doesn't work so well on film. Just a little too cheesey, indulgent, transparent and slow-paced.
January 31, 2009
I kinda like this sort of setting, I mean, all play is seen in two rooms at a flat. Michael Urie performs very well and he looks very cute.
Although the play tends to be a little too much emotional, considering about what happened actually and I wasn't there, I can't criticise it.
November 20, 2008
This wasn't a bad film and portrayed how 9/11 affected other New Yorkers well. I did enjoy this :)
October 2, 2008
For a film based in two rooms, WTC View is a great film that I would be happy to recommend. The events of 9/11 are treated well, respecfully and realistically. I'm going to be really frank - I like this film because it doesn't suffer from the 'we are Americans, we own the planet' attitude. It's normal people affected by a terrible tragedy.
August 29, 2008
Normally I'd be the last person who wanted to see ANOTHER movie about 9/11, mostly because I think movies like United 93 and World Trade Center, while they some good points, deep down (or sometimes just under the surface) are all about exploitation.

WTC VIEW is different. It's all about one man (Michael Urie, Mark from Ugly Betty) trying to find a roomate in the days and weeks after 9/11. The whole film takes place within his apartment, and starts AFTER 9/11. You never see The World Trade Center, or scenes of the aftermatgh, etc.

It's all about him coming to terms with what he experienced and his loss.

And you won;t be dissapointed by the ending.
½ July 31, 2008
Must have been much better as a stage play. The fact that the whole story takes place in a single flac could have been used up so much better, bit this was just... bad. And - despite that some of the characters were just great - they could not resist to crowd the plot with poilntless 9/11-cliche-ish spleening.
January 27, 2008
Michael Urie does a decent job in this film, but I just felt like it was a bit TOO emotional at times. Maybe I'm just suffering from 9/11 overexposure as of late, but I just really couldn't find myself really being pulled into this film. There were a few really great scenes though...
November 16, 2007
So great. The performances are all strong. Very moving.
½ October 21, 2007
Although its stage origins often remain overly apparent, WTC View is also best during the characters' juicy monologues that unravel their personal tragedies in a common effort to restore normalcy.
August 24, 2007
over all it was surprisingly good. at first i thought it was pretty lame but it developed nicely. although there was some seriously bad acting at times. nice character development with the lead character though.
½ August 8, 2007
It was just average. Everything about the movie with average or below-par. The two things that felt real and good were Michael Urie's acting and also his love affair seemed very sweet.
July 26, 2007
Michael Urie is HOT!!!
July 16, 2007
watch it. who does not truely want to!

On 9/10, Eric placed an ad.
Then everything changed.

A story of New York after 9/11.

Al i travis can say is i want to live in New york before, during, and after September 11, 2001. Not concentrating on an excuse to get out of school and enforcing it where i overhear in a private whisper that "the World Trade Center towers were hit!". I went home and for months the channel was never changed in my house to anything but 9/11 events.
June 23, 2007
Definitely a different spin dealing with the aftermath of 911 and the lives of those affected by its aftermath.