Yi ye Taibei (Au revoir Taipei) Reviews

• Mar 07, 2018

5 4 4 4 4 5 5 5 4 4 = 44 Maybe it's not a good idea to make a film like this and put taipei in it?

• Feb 23, 2017

Au Revoir Taipei is a lighthearted romance that manages to avoid sickly sweet chiches, or at least makes them easy to swallow. More than a simple love story, the film has a deliberate sense of place that serves as a backdrop to characters that feel out of place.

• Jun 24, 2013

Sweet, understated romantic comedy.

Sweet, understated romantic comedy.

• Mar 08, 2013

A beautiful rendezvous of casual romance, and Amber's smile and the melody is the best.

• Oct 18, 2012

quirky and not too serious.

quirky and not too serious.

• Sep 08, 2012

Its synopsis looks to be something but turns out to be loose & out of control.

Its synopsis looks to be something but turns out to be loose & out of control.

• Feb 17, 2012

Taiwanese homage to Diva. As good as anything the great French directors have done.

• Dec 24, 2011

A Taiwan Film done PERFECTLY!!!!!

A Taiwan Film done PERFECTLY!!!!!

• Dec 14, 2011

I was very pleasantly surprised by this endearingly quirky comedy. It may seem slow initially, but I suspect this was intentional because the focus at first is on the characters - and it isn't long before their charm shines through. Wannabe gangsters, dodgy cops and retail employees alike show their idiosyncracies and desires. Set in a colourfully lit Taipei nightscape of bustling markets, seedy backstreets and parks populated with dance classes, it does well at capturing the feel of the city (to my tourist eyes, I was only there a few days). The music was a big part of the charm for me too.

• May 01, 2011

A nice Asian funny movie. Not "funny" ha ha, but funny in the sense that you will spend a nice time at the cinema watching a tale of modern Asia described with a good sense of humour.