Yôkame no semi (Rebirth) Reviews

• Aug 31, 2014

The story plot is very familiar. Nevertheless, the drama unfolds uniquely cinematic.

• Jan 21, 2013

The story is simple, but the spectacular narration and the miyazaki-like cinematography have made it a first class movie.

• Dec 17, 2012

This is a rather long, but moderately paced film with an engaging story held together by strong performances from Mao Inoue and Hiromi Nagasaku... First of all, I love love love Mao Inoue to pieces. I think she's one of the best actresses of her generation - beating out people like Erika Toda or Maki Horikita etc - she's got great emotional depth, and imho, it really shows in this movie. The movie overall is a little for my personal tastes, but the story is really engaging and for a story that involves child abduction and what not, it's really quite sympathetic. Mao Inoue's ending scene just breaks your heart.