Young Guns Reviews

• Jun 08, 2019

Great Movie. The critics are idiots

Great Movie. The critics are idiots

• Feb 14, 2019

Young guns is a western directed by Christopher Cain. Good acting especially Billy the Kid. Really good characters I personally think Billy the Kid is great. Good dialogue that mostly fits the era. Good revenge story. Good cinematography with some very good shots. Very good setting with the western theme. Very good set design that puts you in the era. Very good costume design. Some good and funny comedy spread around the film. Very good action with the gun fights. I didnt like the slow motion bits and there where few other things that took me out of the film. The music didnt fit it was in my opinion out of place. Over all I give it a 6/10

• Nov 14, 2018

Modern westerns are usually a hit or miss with me, I think in this case it's down the middle. It's an intriguing story that's different than any previous westerns I've seen. Not a fan of Emilio's character in this, his portrayal of Billy the Kid was a bit annoying. His cuz, Charlie Sheen was wasted here(I don't mean that kind of "wasted" hah). It's a decent movie really. One thing I learned is that Warren G got his whole "regulators!" bit from this movie, hah.

• Aug 23, 2018

I didn't really know what to think of this film at first, other than that it has a storied cast. After reading up on the story, I didn't realize that it pulled as much as it did from fact, even if much of it was fiction anyway. The Estevez character is not just a fearless sort, but really shows a character driven mad to prove dominance over any odds. The Charlie Sheen character would have made the movie better had his character had more dedicated time to development. I liked the movie, but it's a run of the mill eye for an eye western, and the only thing that makes it stand out is that the "good guys" don't beat around the bush killing the bad guys.

• Aug 05, 2018

its a great western movie

its a great western movie

• Aug 04, 2018

Young Guns has moments of fun that make you wish the whole film was like it. Estevez is a good lead as Billy the Kid and has a decent cast around him, although none particularly stand out.

• Feb 11, 2018

Favourite movie ever, one of the most accurate billy the kid films. For what it is, it is a awesome movie. Definitely worth the watch considering it's based on true events.

• Jan 25, 2018

John Tunstall (Terence Stamp), an educated Englishman and cattle rancher in Lincoln County, New Mexico in 1878, hires wayward young gunmen to live and work on his ranch. Tunstall is in heavy competition with a well-connected Irishman named Lawrence Murphy (Jack Palance), who owns a large ranch; their men clash on a regular basis. Tunstall recruits Billy (Emilio Estevez) and advises him to renounce violence saying that "He who sows the wind will reap the whirlwind." Tensions escalate between the two camps, resulting in the murder of Tunstall. Billy, Doc Scurlock (Kiefer Sutherland), Jose Chavez y Chavez (Lou Diamond Phillips), Richard M. "Dick" Brewer (Charlie Sheen), "Dirty" Steve Stephens (Dermot Mulroney), and Charlie Bowdre (Casey Siemaszko), consult their lawyer friend Alexander McSween (Terry O'Quinn), who manages to get them deputized and given warrants for the arrest of Murphy's murderous henchmen. Billy quickly challenges Dick's authority as leader, vowing revenge against Murphy and the men responsible for killing Tunstall. The men dub themselves The Regulators and arrest some of the murderers, but hot-headed Billy is unable to wait for justice. He guns down unarmed men and goes on to kill one of his fellow Regulators (later arrival J. McCloskey) in the paranoid (but correct) belief that he was still in league with Murphy. The men are stripped of their badges, which they find out about by reading a newspaper. That same paper also confuses Dick for Billy, showing a picture of Dick labeled Billy the Kid, a nickname to which Billy takes an immediate liking. While the local authorities begin their hunt for Billy and the boys, the Regulators argue about continuing with their warrants or to go on the run... "Young Guns" is a retelling of the adventures of Billy the Kid during the Lincoln County War, which took place in New Mexico during 1877-78. I remember when it came out in 1988 in time when more or less the whole cast was in focus (some of them belong to the Brat Pack) and now there was another film with so many of them in the same movie. It´s a pretty great ensemble (Estevez & Co) western based on the life of Billy The Kid. The cinematography is solid, the acting solid, great dialogue and with solid strong characters. You care about them even if they are more or less on the wrong side of the law. Particularly the trigger happy Billy who has nor pardon for life or anyone that stands in his way. It has mostly a mix of cold hard high energy wild west violence and action, tragedy, friendship, love and drama, but there´s also room for comedy and the filmmakers have managed to merge them in a fine way. Estevez plays Billy with charm, wit and yet with that cold blooded killer instinct and the rest of the cast have truly embraced their characters. "Young Guns" is a MTV western that works very well in my book. Trivia: - The movie was a box office hit. It grossed $45.6 million domestically from a moderate $11 million budget. - It is confirmed in an audio commentary by Lou Diamond Phillips, Dermot Mulroney and Casey Siemaszko that Tom Cruise has a uncredited cameo in the shootout at the McSween House. His face clearly appears on screen in slow motion when he is killed.

• Nov 07, 2017

another typical western, this one has 80s music. charlie sheen trying to be clint eastwood, cant quite pull it off

• Oct 26, 2017

This is a great movie. Holds up well.

This is a great movie. Holds up well.