Zambezia Reviews

• Jul 20, 2018

One of the most favorite cartoons. I have a tradition to watch in summer once a year. Although I also realize that he built on classical stereotypes and cinematophic stamps, but realizing the slackness of secondary cartoons, I prefer to protect.

• Mar 24, 2018

Its a fine movie. I personally think its a little underrated. Not really special but fun to watch once or so.

I really liked this movie

I really liked this movie

• Nov 03, 2017

Good Story, good graphics, good characters, great actors, the animation was good but didn't convince me to watch the Movie over and over again. After All Great Movie.

• Nov 03, 2017

Friday, February 21, 2014 (2012) Adventures In Zambezia COMPUTER ANIMATION FAMILY ADVENTURE An ambitious young falcon Kai as well as other birds seeking for the ultimate bird's paradise called Zambezia, which is really a huge tree house located in the middle of some occurring water falls. And the egg eating lizards are the bad guys with Budzo being the most conniving trying to convince a hoard of marabous to work alongside with him. One of the major problems is that upon viewers first seeing the different varieties of birds, I am unable to tell which bird is what, since I thought the so-called falcons looked liked owls, while the marabous looked like vultures. This is one of those computer animations where one would have to read up on first before watching. 2 out of 4 stars

• Nov 03, 2017

South African studio Triggerfish's first animated film, and showing off some local irony. We claim to be so very unique, but ultimately, we end up being a hollow imitation of the West we supposedly hate so vehemently; and indeed, this film is an example - a supposedly "uniquely African tale", all it really ends up being is a strange mix between the absolutely brilliant "Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole" and the rather under-rated "Valiant", with the casts replaced by African birds. Further, the irony is only made more obvious by the completely Western voice talent. Ultimately it isn't really anything special or memorable, being completely predictable and ticking all the boxes you'd expect it to. Certainly not on par quality-wise with what the First World is doing. I could forgive the animation not being AnimalLogic-levels of amazing, but I can't forgive sitting there thinking, for instance, that Eezee is pretty much just Bugsy, or that I'm looking at a Rio-ified version of the Great Tree. The biggest delight ultimately, for me at least, is ornitological - spying, and being able to identify many uniquely African bird species, a number of which I am sure some foreigners will find far too colourful to be real.

• Nov 03, 2017

Great drawing or computer graphics, and the storyline was alright, but not really for children or funny.

• Nov 03, 2017

Enjoyable animated movie about the tales of different birds and coming together to survive in the jungle

• Nov 03, 2017

This was a decent enough family animated movie that had a fairly enjoyable voice cast. The thing that stopped it from being a better family movie was the style of the animation.

• Sep 12, 2017

Plodding pacing, even with a 83 minute running time, only compounds the inconsistencies of a well-meaning but disappointing offering.