Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century Reviews

• May 13, 2020

It's the pioneer of Disney cliches, but it's ahead of its time when it comes to made for tv visuals and it's naturally precocious story telling of children in outer space.

• Jan 24, 2020

One of the earliest pre-Y2K DCOMs Rising star Kirsten Storms plays Zenon in the futuristic world of 2049 She lives on a state of the art space station and vaguely remembers growing up on earth so she's more used to artificial gravity, space lingo, and learning to make her way around super computers Not to mention she's a huge fan of a singer Protozoa with her buddy played by Raven-Symone Yet she's always the cause of minor pranks being chastised by her folks and the head captain After Zenon discovers the founder is sabotaging the station everyone has a hard time believing her and for her reckless behavior they send her down to Earth of all places...a place so foreign she of course has a hard time fitting in and getting used to non-intergalactic customs/norms Even confronting bullies but the thing is since she's from another environment she has enough ammunition to try and combat all of these new skills Her aunt even gives her some much needed guidance considering she's never taken a risk It's actually nice to see Zenon grow into this strange world understanding how different gravity is, fire temperatures, weather conditions, currency, and wildlife. Next to adjusting to earth Zenon does all she can to get back to the station to save everyone. I like the set design of the space station even if the special effects look very dated now. The wardrobes are pretty silly too but it fits with separating the realm of space and earth. The color scheme stands out too with all the purple, pink, and blues. Clearly this is made for the tween girl audience but as a guy growing up with this material I didn't mind. Even Zenon's catch phrase stuck with me for the longest time. The lesson is pretty good too realizing you shouldn't take skills you have for granted and you can still be a being of two worlds. It's also ok to accept new things even if you're not familiar with many of them. A majority of adults may gloss over this one but for kids they would have a great time. I know I still do.

• Apr 26, 2016

this is not f.ck and working

this is not f.ck and working

• Apr 13, 2016

this is the best disney movie to ever come out of Disney movies ever

this is the best disney movie to ever come out of Disney movies ever

• Aug 16, 2015

A cute little film. Don't think anyone over the age of about 12 or 13 would get that much enjoyment out of it. It is silly but harmless. Seen it when I was a kid. Watched a few times on the Disney Channel.

• Nov 29, 2014

I remembered this from when I was a kid and HAD to download it to watch it again. I expected it to go like most old shows/movies I download from my childhood to be very blah, not entertaining and cheesy, this movie, however, I actually still like a lot. It's really fun and sweet. It's totally supernova.

• Sep 24, 2013

This is a awesome movie and so are the sequels great childhood movie

This is a awesome movie and so are the sequels great childhood movie

• Jul 24, 2013

Interesting story but not as good as some of the older live action Disney movies

• Jul 12, 2013