Batman: Season 1 Reviews

• Oct 04, 2020

This is so AWSOME i mean come on its the 60s

This is so AWSOME i mean come on its the 60s

• Jul 25, 2020

Somehow the series is entertaining as a straight action series for kids and a parody for the rest of us. It still has some of the best versions of the characters ever.

• Feb 24, 2020

"POW!" "BANG!" This show has great acting and fun, silly writing. It is one of the best shows I've watched. I honestly love it!

• Oct 03, 2019

An iconic show and a classic

An iconic show and a classic

• Oct 01, 2017

To the unsuspecting public, and Police, they are Bruce Wayne, billionaire, and Dick Grayson, his nephew. However, to Alfred, their butler, they are Batman and Robin, scourge of Gotham City's criminals. Whenever the Police encounter a crime they cannot solve or criminal they cannot apprehend, it's Batman they turn to. With the current incarnations of Batman all portraying him as a dark, shadowy, troubled, intense character it's difficult to comprehend that Batman was originally a fun, almost light-hearted series. This series reminds us of those times. Good fun, with some decent humour. Sometimes I don't think the writers were trying to be funny, it's just that the scripts are so loose some things just come out that way, especially when viewed with a 21st century lens. The novelty and originality does wear off though, resulting in the plots being quite formulaic after a while. Another negative is Burt Ward as Robin / Dick Grayson - I found his "Holy (whatever)" shtick quite over-the-top and irritating from the start.

• Jun 16, 2017

Filled with loads of cliffhangers, fun and excitement, Batman is at his undisputed terrific peak in this TV series.

• Feb 25, 2017

As a child, Batman episodes were such a part of my life that I quite literally wore out some VHS tapes watching and re-watching them. It didn't matter how many times I had seen them...they still captivated me every single viewing. The funny thing was, once the magnetic heads on those tapes did wear out, for many, many years there was no way to view this show save for the rare TV re-run. When I heard that the show was FINALLY going to be released in a purchasable, I was absolutely overjoyed! After watching this first season, I wasn't let down in the slightest. The great (magically, really) thing about the 1960's Batman episodes is that they are just as entertaining when viewed as an adult as when I was watching on tube TVs where I had to get up to change the channel. As a kid, I took everything as seriously as possibly. Batman was my hero, I wanted to BE Robin, and I allowed myself to get swept away in their colorful, brash, over-the-top adventures. As an adult, nothing is taken seriously whatsoever (save for the usually great acting). I roar in laughter at the campy nature of the proceedings, the ridiculous traps to be escaped from, and the cringe-worthy dialogue made to be exactly that. It truly is a show that can cross the generation gap. In this first season, the main villains of the show are introduced, including... -Riddler (Frank Gorshin) -Joker (Cesar Romero) -Penguin (Burgess Meredith) -Catwoman (Julie Newmar) -King Tut (Victor Buono) These are the core villains (King Tut to a slightly lesser extent) that the show dips into multiple times for villain appearances. Every single episode they appear in is great in this first season. No duds in the bunch. Of course, another part of "Batman's" appeal is its liberal use of other guest stars as villains. Since I've seen the entire complement of the show's episodes, I can tell you that in this season the guest villains are better than any other... -Zelda the Great (Anne Baxter); one of the most underrated episodes of the entire show. -Mr. Freeze (George Sanders); easily the best Freeze actor of the show's run. -Mad Hatter (David Wayne) -False Face (Malachi Throne); a case can be made for this episode being THE BEST in show history. -Bookworm (Roddy McDowell) Pound for pound, this season contains the best complement of episodes overall. "Batmania" was running high and the show could seemingly do no wrong. By and large, there are few items of media that I care to own for the long haul. Usually, one watch and it's back on the market. With these "Batman" episodes, though, they will become a permanent part of my collection. It's been a long time coming!

• Aug 28, 2016

Holy rotten tomatoes Batman! Best show in Ballas history of the television system right here. Great story, great actors, great fun. This right here is a staple in society. Balla out.

• Aug 27, 2016

A get show. Very funny see it.

A get show. Very funny see it.