Black Mirror: Season 2 (2013)


Season 2
Black Mirror

Critics Consensus

Another compact season of Black Mirror delivers chilling, insightful, and even emotionally wrought stories about technology that stay with the audience long after viewing.

87%

TOMATOMETER

Critic Ratings: 9

93%

Audience Score

User Ratings: 1583

You might also like

Rate And Review

User image

Verified

  • User image

    Super Reviewer

    Rate this season

    Oof, that was Rotten.

    Meh, it passed the time.

    It’s good – I’d recommend it.

    Awesome!

    So Fresh: Absolute Must See!

    What did you think of this tv season? (optional)



  • User image

    Super Reviewer

    Step 2 of 2

    How did you buy your ticket?

    Let's get your review verified.

    You're almost there! Just confirm how you got your ticket.

  • User image

    Super Reviewer

    Rate this season

    Oof, that was Rotten.

    Meh, it passed the time.

    It’s good – I’d recommend it.

    Awesome!

    So Fresh: Absolute Must See!

    What did you think of this tv season? (optional)

  • How did you buy your ticket?

Episodes

In Be Right Back, Martha and Ash are a young couple who move to a remote cottage. The day after the move, Ash is killed, returning the hire van. At the funeral, Martha's friend Sarah tells her about a new service that lets people stay in touch with the deceased. By using all his past online communications and social media profiles, a new 'Ash' can be created. Martha is disgusted by the concept but then in a confused and lonely state she decides to talk to 'him'...

View Details

Victoria and Jem must destroy a transmitter that controls the human population for the amusement of an elite few.

View Details

Meet Waldo. A CGI blue bear from a children's educational TV show who in reality is an anarchic character on a satirical late-night topical comedy show. Behind the scenes, Waldo is voiced and controlled by failed comedian Jamie Salter. When the channel decides they would like to give Waldo his own pilot, the production company enter him into a political race against one of his victims, Conservative Liam Monroe, for a stunt. Jamie isn't comfortable with politics - he just sees himself as a clown - but once the wheels start turning there's no stopping the thing. So what can Jamie do?

View Details

Three distinct tales involving two men stranded together in an Arctic wilderness.

View Details

Black Mirror: Season 2 Photos

Tv Season Info

A suspenseful three-part series that taps into the collective unease about our modern world.

News & Interviews for Black Mirror: Season 2

Critic Reviews for Black Mirror Season 2

Audience Reviews for Black Mirror: Season 2

  • Jun 03, 2021
    Another short season. It leaves those who love this type of complex programming wanting more. It's hard to pick my favorite episode so far--it's between White Bear and Be Right Back.
  • May 03, 2021
    90% knocking it out of the park. The other 10% is still very entertaining and thought provoking.
  • Feb 08, 2021
    Best season of the show. While not as humorous as other seasons, it's still quite creative and great social commentary. I'm in the minority here, but Waldo was my favorite. It's an excellent commentary not just on the absurdity of our politics, but what happens to people who ultimately decide to take a stand and not sell out (it's a risk that may not be worth taking). "Be Right Back" is a great episode about both grief/loss and our online vs. real personality. "White Bear" is another great episode full of suspense and unpredictability, letting us humans know what beasts we can be
  • Feb 05, 2021
    The Waldo movement sucked but the other episodes are good
  • Jan 31, 2021
    Another batch of intelligent episodes sure to get you thinking.
  • Jan 21, 2021
    Very innovative ideas, great cinematography and i think almost all the episodes make you think about what the future will bring to us
  • Nov 18, 2020
    Be Right Back may be the best episode all time. The Waldo moment's a dud, but otherwise the rest of the season is pretty good.
  • Aug 31, 2020
    Humans need to return to the western canon and the bible to rediscover truth, beauty and goodness and turn away from vile filth like this series, which corrupts the mind and damages the spirit.
  • Jul 15, 2020
    Season two of Black Mirror serves another short batch of stories that are easy to watch and hard to forget. Be Right Back: 3.5/5 White Bear: 2.5/5 The Waldo Moment: 3.5/5 White Christmas: 3.5/5 Average: 3.5/5
  • Jul 15, 2020
    Black Mirror Season 2 | Detailed note: 8.1

News & Features