Bluff City Law: Season 1 Reviews

• Jun 01, 2020

This TV series simplifies/explains the law just enough to make the show 'viewable to all' in my opinion; albeit it can at times do some more. Hence, it should be very very very enjoyable to watch. At least I think so, as a fellow 'lawyer' myself. The flow, the tactics, the emotions, and just the overall details of the show, thus far, really makes the show worth watching in my opinion. I also think the viewer can learn a bit from this show as well. NBC, please renew/continue with the show!

• Mar 02, 2020

Love the show! What happened to it?

Love the show! What happened to it?

• Feb 10, 2020

Top show of the year. Looking forward to many more seasons to come with this cast!

• Dec 21, 2019

Many new TV series are over-dramatized. I think Bluff City Law did a good job of connecting some believable situations into a well written legal drama with a decent set of characters, all of which are developed well with the storylines. What makes this show less believable and less interesting is that virtually every case ends up being won, which isn't the reality in the real world. Often, justice isn't served in the justice system. For that, I give the series a hit. There wasn't a single failure or storyline that developed from a failure that could be redeemed, which I think is a failure in the script. The actors bring the stories to life, Smits' delivers a good performance bringing his relatively conservative character to life, while McGee draws in the more revolutionary role with style. In fact, the good part of the script is that it matches a MacGyver style 'get it done with whatever tools you can find' case with legalese, essentially a means to get things done when the odds seem impossible. But, some of the storylines seem stereotypical,, tired and exhaustive. Stereotypes like entire towns being ravaged by opioids (and the obsessive media coverage it entails), and the legal team sweeping in to save the poor souls in the town from big pharma, and of course winning their case. In reality, it seemed like a cheesy story. But overall, I recommend it. Good TV, not the best show in history, but certainly one that is captivating and worth watching. And perks to the crew for getting out of Hollywood and filming on location in Memphis. Actually seeing scenes from the Mississippi River and Memphis streets and locations makes the script come to life. I hope the series is extended.

• Dec 12, 2019

Big fan of Jimmy Smits, enjoyable light legal drama show. Great characters and stories. I look forward to season 2!

• Dec 07, 2019

Really enjoy the series. The social issues the firm takes on plague our country today. Hope there will be a second season.

• Dec 04, 2019

Entertaining with some interesting character dynamics. Love to see this get into it's groove with Season 2.

• Nov 27, 2019

Love the show, love the interaction between the characters, they seem to have a good chemistry. Plots are ok and the acting is very good.

• Nov 27, 2019

Great Show. Im hoping it gets picked up for another season.

Great Show. Im hoping it gets picked up for another season.

• Nov 26, 2019

Loved it. Gutted it has been canned. I didn't start watching until episode 5 - life was busy and I was still working my way through new shows but this and Prodigal Son have been the best.