Collateral: Miniseries Reviews

• 4d ago

The writing is atrocious. Whole other level of ham-fisted. Whilst I don't necessarily disagree with the ISSUES, EVERYTHING ARRIVES WITH CAPITAL LETTERS, eg. "I'M NOT AN IMMIGRATION OFFICER, BUT I LIKE TO THINK I'M NICER THAN THEM." ie. ISN'T IT TERRIBLE HOW ASYLUM SEEKERS ARE TREATED?! or Immediately after sex: "I AM A LABOUR PARTY POLITICIAN, YOU KNOW", ie. Character Trait: Labour Party Member, Cares About Community. You're naked and you want to talk about this? Immediately after belting 'Jerusalem' with GUSTO: "BEING A SPY ISN'T ABOUT SOLDIERING. IT'S GIIIIRLS STUFF!" (This part was so bad, I thought the character was being sarcastic. Turns out not.) In short, none of the characters seem real. Every line has fucking obvious subtext. Even simple interactions aren't convincing, because they are so couched in THE POINT. Characters are just archetypes with which TO MAKE A POINT, BECAUSE THIS SHOW IS MAKING A POINT. DO YOU SEE THE POINT? DO YOU? Imagine if I continued explaining how unconvincing and heavy handed it is for another ten lines, even though I've made my point. (Man, it's every time any character opens their mouth!) That's the show.

• Apr 13, 2019

Some Of The Greatest Writing and Complex Storylines I Have Seen In Years WOW, what an excellent 4-Part series-with a killer soundtrack as well. Collateral has something for everybody:It's a murder mystery, It's a political drama, It's a spy thriller. As you follow this very complex tale you cannot help but feel the intrigue and tension build. It is a tremendous shame the British Academy Television Awards only saw fit to give Collateral only 2 nominations. Collateral is a must watch for everyone in 2019.

• Feb 02, 2019

Loved this - can't wait for the next miniseries - Carey Mulligan is outstanding

Loved this - can't wait for the next miniseries - Carey Mulligan is outstanding

• Jan 10, 2019

I've only just seen this and was very impressed by the writing, the varied women characters and the brilliant Carey Mulligan. Beautifully crafted with no easy solutions

• Jan 06, 2019

This series was a total bore, no tension , no twists in the plot and totally unlikable characters. The story was predictable and simply not belieavable. Total waste of time

• Aug 12, 2018

Good story, not for everyone though.

Good story, not for everyone though.

• Aug 04, 2018

A fast paced show, which does not slack off even a tiny bit. Absolutely loved it

• Jul 13, 2018

I started out wanting to like this, but by episode 2, realized it was leftover meaty drama stew, pureed. No quarel with the acting, visually engaging, but the story was a mess. It was seasoned with Trader Joe's "21seasoning salute" sprinkled enthusiastically on the issues it strived to address, every last one of them. Moments of subtle insight, perne in a gyre.

• May 26, 2018

Injured pole vault star turned teacher, turned detective solves crime. It Turns out that brexit did it. The end.

• May 15, 2018

Honestly, I don't understand what people didn't understand. What loose ends? it was quality drama. the scene between carey mulligan and the mi5 guy in episode 4 was priceless. people just don't want to think anymore; inference is lost on them.