Continuum: Season 1 Reviews

• Sep 14, 2019

The story is interesting which is about the only thing the show has going for it. Characters are very one dimensional and boring. The show pretends to be better than it is with lots of melodrama and dramatic music and montages without the character or plot development to back it up.

• Jun 22, 2019

Tried to do it for 5 episodes. Just thought it was really terrible. Hated the politics.

• Sep 06, 2018

(Warning spoilers- but only if you can't figure out the obvious.) I managed to make through 8.8 episodes. After one episode I would have given it 5 stars. I suspect it would be down to 1/2 star if I watched the whole series. Lots of good stuff ruined, in my opinion, by 2 major flaws: 1) Not only do the good guys keep losing, they usually do it so stupidly as to make me cringe. Freshest in my memory- within a minute of screen time: Kiera is wearing a bulletproof future suit, with the zipper down far enough to expose sexy (and vulnerable) cleavage; She knows that they intend to blow up a propane tank, and she's invisible now (not quite as sexy). So instead of taking out the guy shooting at the tank she manages to get blown away by the explosion- just enough to be useless long enough to let the bad guys win again; 2) Predictability level is in the red zone. I'm not that bright, so when I am constantly saying to myself "yeah, I know, just get on with it" it's not good. What made me give up finally was a good guy hostage being set up throughout the whole episode as perceived ringleader. We are shown that a sniper has a bead on him while he's begging his son (actual ringleader) to give him the gun. If you can't guess what happens when his son hands the gun to him, then you should watch this series! I do appreciate, though, that this show has made me psychic. I predict that the kid who's dad got shot by a police sniper (I'm sorry, did you not see that coming?) will become a major villain in the series- driven, in part, by rage at seeing his dad murderd in front of him.

• Aug 17, 2018

a little gem of a sci-fi series - evenly paced with a brilliant story line and excellent characters. lot of interesting and intelligent bits of future that works very well.

• Aug 07, 2017

Before I start, let me make some disclaimers: 1) I am a big fan of time traveling shows 2) I am not fussy about the science being accurate on the show 3) I do not mind few inconsistencies in the logic of the show, especially a time travel show, as time travel, by definition is quite a paradoxical topic to deal with Having said that, I have to admit that the only reason I completed 4 seasons of this show was because it started well, and I just had to finish it because I could not believe that a show can be so badly written, and was hoping for a miracle at the end that explained everything. Apart from good performances from the cast (apart from the lead though, who by all accounts, is the worst actress I have seen on tv), there is nothing good about this show. The premise was strong, and they had a good story to tell as well, but piss poor writing ensured that all of it went to waste. I have seen my share of bad shows, and shows that wasted its potential, but the writing on this show just takes it to a whole new level. The show not only kept making shit up, and dropping mega plots like bad habits along the way, it did so by introducing clumsy writing which lacked any imagination and was at times childish. I really wish I had never seen this show. Trust me, if you are looking for a good time travel or Sci-Fi show, go for 12 Monkeys, go for Fringe, hell go and watch X-Files all over again, instead of watching this crap.

• Apr 30, 2017

Well done and intelligent scripting.

Well done and intelligent scripting.

• Feb 27, 2017

I can see why Continuum did not make it past the 3 1/2 season mark. Rachel Nichols makes an appealing lead as Kiera Cameron. The cast is consistently good across the board including Caprica's Magda Apanowicz! I say, yes please, may I have some more Magda Apanowicz!?!?! Seasons 1 and 2 were entertaining, inoffensive ways to spend some time but the story goes completely off the rails in Season 3. How bad? It is worse than the last season of LOST; that's how bad. I'm nine episodes from the Season 4 conclusion and I can already tell this television series is going to end badly and, I suspect, rather obviously. Weird that none of these characters seem to have ever seen The Terminator. Mark's Grade: C

• Aug 05, 2016

Great SciFi entertainment which draws on some cult classics for inspiration.

Great SciFi entertainment which draws on some cult classics for inspiration.

• Dec 10, 2015

Season I of Continuum starts off with an intriguing sci fi premise and builds a complex storyline. In a dystopian future, Kiera Cameron has a career as a tech enhanced cop called a Protector. She is transported, along with a group of dangerous criminals, from 2077 to our time. Why was she included? Separated from her young son, Kiera desperately wants to return to her own time, but it seems impossible. Meanwhile, she will use her abilities, training, and futuristic tech to continue working as a Protector and battle the enemies who came back with her. Kiera teams up with the young Alec Sadler, a man known in her time as a great inventor of much of the tech of the future and also with Carlos Fonnegra, a good guy on the local PD who gets her a job as his partner.

• Oct 03, 2015

Wanted to follow the show, but can't any further rationalize away scenes over and over, of everything but the obvious; contradictions. Fight to put Alec in prison... fight to get him out...invade warehouse of back from the future solders and decide to blow it up. But retract decision (okay...) but, after hearing the same message as Kiera, Luvia says it's due to Brad(?) (Didn't you just hear about energy source as reason to abort?) And then lets fight our way out, but be sensitive to not hurting bad guys, after you decided... to just stop and are, I don't know, only trying to kill you... so lets fight back, but then lets don't... "if we had weapons.... you mean the ones in the room you were just in? And with the power suits? ...wish we had weapons... but lets be sensitive... maybe be the one to say, "sorry" to the solder that just stabbed you would be as sensible and fitting with this confused, cognitive contradiction not making sense. Has nothing to do with the "overarching...gray areas..." (and why do I even have to put that out...) this is procedural story scene contradiction. I guess is a banana was on a table in one scene, and then missing in the next short... oh wow. Twitter time. But.... determinations on actions with convictions...not really... well... do but contradict... is it a liberal decision to justify fighting? It's only confusing. Here's an idea... pick one trend! I wish I could continue with "Con..." (I'm not going to finish the cliche), but have a low deliberate contradiction quotient and nonsensical tolerance now to things that are manipulated. too bad I will have to stop watching the show now; I really liked the plot. But ruined.