Dracula: Season 1 Reviews

• Jan 09, 2022

Strong start, but ultimately an underwhelming final episode.

Strong start, but ultimately an underwhelming final episode.

• Jan 08, 2022

A decent telling of the story. I enjoyed it.

A decent telling of the story. I enjoyed it.

• Dec 24, 2021

Keeping the story unnecessarily long can bore the viewer. The choice of lead is very good. You can watch it.

• Nov 12, 2021

Product with too many parallels to Sherlock to be able to ignore. And it goes to hell twice as fast. The aesthetics of the Hammer are beautifully updated and there are some other interesting verbal exchanges that can make you forgive a somewhat loose script... And then you get to episode three and... And its just silly. Not a bit silly. Very silly XD.

• Nov 11, 2021

Very fun take on a classic tale.

Very fun take on a classic tale.

• Oct 14, 2021

I loved it. Romantic, exiting, and just delicious! The two leading actor and actress were simply amazing . I was swept away. Waiting for more treats like this one.

• Oct 04, 2021

Possibly the best rendition of the vampire yet. Production, acting and writing all superb. The only reason I would not rate it 5 stars is due to the morbidity of the subject matter. And I get it...it's Dracula! How else could the story be told?? But the heaviness is hard to consume, especially the first two episodes. The taking of not just life but everything a person is or will be is driven home in heart breaking fashion. After three hours of that I didn't feel "good". I was no longer being entertained. I was being depressed. Having your own mortality and what it means acted out so viciously over and over again takes a toll. It sucks the life out of you. This is a fascinating piece of work if not art. And all great art comes with a price. And this Dracula is no exception. But be warned, this is not teenage slasher horror fun. This is deeper, darker and nastier.

• Jul 29, 2021

DOLLY WELLS slays! Best Dracula EVER...for the first two episodes. Total train wreck in the final episode: it's like a bunch of old people trying to create a modern bar scene with some kind of gay sensibility, never mind Harker and Dracula have already 'made love' in the first episode. Sad. Whoever wrote that final third should never be allowed near a typewriter or camera again. But first 2/3ds a masterpiece of horror and humor. I gotta say though that Dolly Wells turns in one of the greatest performances I've ever seen anywhere. She steals every scene, even in the stupendously awful final third. SEE THIS FOR SOME REALLY FREAKY STUFF...and the FABULOUS DOLLY WELLS. And about Dracula...steamy hot naked stuff. Just so you know.

• Jul 19, 2021

Some of the acting was decent and the set design was good but holy crap the writing was awful. I barely cared about any of the characters and their actions and motivations made little sense. It was almost painful at times but I was challenged to finish it as I do love the vampire genre. I did watch them all and I regretted it because the last one was the worst of and the ending was so utterly, supremely ridiculous.

• May 06, 2021

The 3rd episode was so bad it singlehandedly wrecked the first two episodes, which were some of the best material Moffat and Gatiss have ever written together.