Harley Quinn: Season 1 Reviews

• 6m ago

From Doom Patrol to Swamp Thing to Young Justice: Outsiders, DC Universe knocks it out of the park again with the animated dark comedy in Harley Quinn. PROS This is Dc's first major attempt at a dark comedy in animation and it's without a doubt, one of their best works; every aspect is crafted with an immense amount of care. The cast had me sold on the show by the end of the pilot and continued to do so with the introduction of every new character. A tip of the hat to the writers who crafted a meaningful and memorable narrative that stayed true to its source material while throwing an ingenious twist on our beloved characters. Each voice actor provided outstandingly entertaining performances that all managed to provide a number of laughs thanks to the well-written humor. I haven't laughed this hard in with any superhero content, period. CONS My biggest concern however was how the show would go about its humor. Most of the jokes were well-written, but some just didn't click in both their execution and writing. Additionally, some of the violent scenes later into the season felt a bit overdone and came off as a bit distasteful. One of those scenes was faithful to a specific character, but still felt a bit much. CONCLUSION Harley Quinn continues DC Universe hot streak and expands their talent into the genre of comedy. With an exceptional characterization, a hugely faithful and entertaining narrative, and surprisingly well- crafted humor, it's a show that will appeal to many comic book fans. While some of the violence is overdone and some of the jokes don't land, the show still proves to be an absolute delight.

• 2h ago

In this superhero-fatigued world, I would never pay for a subscription to "DC Universe". Especially not when the DC comics haven't managed to rack up too many successes in their many attempts at transitioning to movie and television screens. There's simply not anywhere near enough good DC content to pay a monthly fee for it, unless that fee was a just buck or two, and there are too many better streamers competing. I watched the first episode of "Harley Quinn" free on cable, and that's all I will get to see for now. It stacked up pretty well against the Harley Quinn scenes in "Suicide Squad", and approached the likability of that greatest of all DC screen portrayals, "Batman the Animated Series". Kaley Cuoco brought an appropriately manic level of energy to the portrayal, no problem there. And just like in BTAS, the story in the first episode was comic-book sized. Not another city-flattening, eardrum-smashing battle to save the world from some mega-baddy armed with a magic all-powerful orb yet again (yawn) but more on the scale of robbing a jewelry store or a bank. If/when DC Universe fails and gets merged with a more successful content provider (e.g. Disney+/Marvel/Star Wars/Pixar) making it worth subscribing, I'll look forward to catching up with the rest of Harley's adventures.

• 19h ago

Most of the jokes remind me of Tom Green and Vince Vaughn skits. Though this series proves that if you take enough shots you will hit sometimes.

• 2d ago

Harley Quinn is entertaining and exhilarating. Looking for an adult animation to watch while Rick and Morty is unavailable, this is it.

• 3d ago

You can really tell they just wanted to have loads of fun with this show and for the most part they do. I must say, the highlights for me have to be clay face & psycho. Fantastic performances from the entire cast (Alan tudyk is a stand out, naturally)

• 6d ago

Creative take on the Harley Quinn story.

Creative take on the Harley Quinn story.

• Feb 15, 2020

...........................

...........................

• Feb 15, 2020

Ugh! What a waste. Save your money.

Ugh! What a waste. Save your money.

• Feb 13, 2020

Amazing action, entertaining and different, strong cast voice, this show is madness and nuts and I love it for it! there is nothing like this on tv now!

• Feb 12, 2020

The movie was awesome. The Characters were well developed.

The movie was awesome. The Characters were well developed.