Horace and Pete: Season 1 Reviews

• Jan 24, 2020

Louis CK in one of his most interesting attempt to entertain people. Drama mixed with subtle comedy. It is more theatre than tv, but it never feels too long or boring: every episode finds its way to get your attention. Great performances from the whole cast.

• Jul 23, 2019

CK and Buscemi is not the family you'd want but it is the one you've got and the one you can't stop conversing with. Horace And Pete CK's love letter to Eugene O'Neill follows a non-pretentious arthouse system. And no, I am not concluding it on the basis of its marketing technique, but the broadminded shallowness of the ideology it refers to. If the theme in Louis CK, the creator's, play dissects the inside of prejudiced abhorrent beings, he is also not obsessed on pursuing you to change or whip you with its content, on the other hand. His project isn't ambiguous or vague, if anything it is the most complete story told in its entirety to serve nothing but the purpose that it evidently wants you to eradicate from your thinking. The livelihood that it depicts is the punishment to the unfair activities that these fellows bring upon themselves and onto others. CK doesn't compromise the quality of the show by steering it towards preaching-to-the-choir tone. Just like his stand up material, a lot of the thinking is left up to you. This personal project of his shows enormous amount of enthusiasm on not caring on the views or opinions that its by product will have. And those politically incorrect views are the distraction unlike the material we have been bombarded with in the last few years. That crispiness, the humorisc debates, the goofiness is a celebratory distraction to what's going on or goes on in a bar. The real drama lies in the silence pitched on the screen that observes the physicality of these character in contrast to the surrounding they are in. The stillness that CK has captured is impeccable, so rarely do you get to see these calm and sweet moments choreographed and danced. Horace And Pete is a drama that is ahead of its time, just served us as a teaser to what should and could be our future, both in the real world and this two dimensional screen that we have been naming as "the idiot box".

• Jan 14, 2018

Amazing. Truly groundbreaking work

Amazing. Truly groundbreaking work

• Dec 25, 2017

Its a shame with everything that has come out about Louie C.K but the story telling in this show is masterful, please give it a watch.

• Sep 08, 2017

Funny, sad & depressing

Funny, sad & depressing

• Aug 18, 2017

Horace and Pete is unlike any show I have ever seen. Going back and watching it for the second time I only find more and more to strengthen the fact that Louis CK is one of the best writers of the 21st century. Everything from the humour, to the drama, to the acting to Paul Simon's fantastic snippets of music is masterful. I would recommend to anyone looking for a pensive one of a kind experience.

• Apr 04, 2017

This outstanding gem has got to be one of the best TV shows I've ever had that pleasure to enjoy. It's like watching a theatre piece from your couch and It's like nothing you've seen before. Pure genius!!

• Mar 06, 2017

Horace and Pete... is fantastic.

Horace and Pete... is fantastic.

• Jan 29, 2017

Ovo mi je vjerovatno najbolja i najteza serija zadnjih 10 godina.

Ovo mi je vjerovatno najbolja i najteza serija zadnjih 10 godina.

• Jan 16, 2017

Dark and somewhat depressing, but interesting and well acted with a stellar cast. I paid $30 for the series but I would've preferred to pay less.