Justified: Season 2 Reviews

• Sep 16, 2018

Season Two of Justified improves upon the first in nearly every way. Stakes are higher, relationships are stronger, and a real sense of danger broods throughout the show. Olyphant as Givens cements himself as one of the coolest characters of any show in recent memory. (4.5/5)

• Nov 23, 2017

As is said in Bojack Horseman cartoon "highly acclaimed Character Actress Margo Martindale, is a wonder to behold". The second season of Justified is better than the first. You are past most of the basic background storytelling and now it gets into specifics. This time Raylan is dealing with a family feud that has lasted over 70 years with the Bennetts, and the best villain in awhile is in charge of that family as Mags Bennett (played by Margo Martindale), the matriarch of the Bennett family who control the town of Bennett. She is my favorite character of the season (followed closely by Raylan and Boyd). Watching how she deals with her sons, while Raylan deals with his being to close too the edge is definitely interesting. The only real frustration I had was people's reaction to Boyd Crowder (Walton Goggins) trying to go straight. Funny enough I have seen similar things like that in real life, but I was so frustrated that he couldn't get a break. Overall though, the season is good, I don't want to go into too much, but you will also care for a 14 year old girl. That is all I will say though. Pros: Still great acting and writing, and of course the highly acclaimed character actress Margo Martindale is the best part. Cons: Frustrated with some plot things and how people got treated, but we can't have everything we want. Season 3 is in the queue.

• Dann M Super Reviewer
    Sep 20, 2017

Marshall Raylan Givens gets drawn into his family's blood feud in Season 2 of Justified. While looking for a fugitive sex offender Marshall Raylan Given crosses paths with the Bennett clan, with whom his family has a longstanding feud that threatens to become an open war when Givens guns down one of the Bennetts to rescue a young girl who's been abducted; meanwhile Boyd takes up work at a mine and becomes a hired gun when the company tries to buy up property for a new mining operation. Margo Martindale and Jeremy Davies join the cast as recurring characters and deliver strong performances. Also, the writers do a good job at developing new storylines whiles also building on and tying off plot threats from the last season. One of the best character dramas on television, Justified delivers an impressive second season.

• Aug 01, 2017

Just fantastic from start to finish

Just fantastic from start to finish

• Feb 14, 2016

Season 2 of Justified is an improvement over the already solid debut season. Olyphant sticks to what he does as triggerman Raylan Givens and Margo Martindale joins Goggins to form an extremely engrossing group of morally grey antagonists. Rarely has such a solid protagonist been outshined in some of his schemes as Olyphant has been here.

• Jul 10, 2015

This show keeps getting better and better. I'll hold the finale review till the season finale (Season 6) I'll get there soon :p

• Nov 11, 2014

A bigger ensemble cast full of rich, complex characters performed impeccably by a uniformly outstanding cast make this less linear cop drama and more Kentucky Fried Shakespeare, with all the engrossing family feuds and betrayal that one would expect from such a unique tagline.

• Oct 21, 2014

The second season of Justified is about as strong as the first one.

The second season of Justified is about as strong as the first one.

• Apr 29, 2014

Justified hits its peak. "Bloody Harlan" is one of the best season finale i have seen

• Francisco G Super Reviewer
    Mar 12, 2014

Justified turned on season 2 as one of the best and most interesting tv shows around, thanks to incredible acting, amazing dialogue, hilarious one liners, interesting villains, Harlan county is one incredible place as everyone in it seems to have a gun, making some very unpredictable situations and so on. Not to be missed, but you really should try to endure S01 to get here. It's not the best but necessary to get to know the main characters and villains a lil' bit. Makes the ride much better.