The Last Man on Earth: Season 1 Reviews

• Sep 19, 2019

I absolutely love this show!

I absolutely love this show!

• Sep 04, 2019

A funny take on post-apocalyptic america. A good watch if you need a laugh at something that's a little different.

• Aug 20, 2019

Wow. I thought the opening montage was bad - superficial? Totally unrealistic? WHERE IS HE GETTING HIS PETROL FROM? - and then there was ANOTHER montage. And so it went. I managed three episodes then had to quit. The two characters aren't so much characters as collections of traits and compulsions. We're supposed to find Phil's collection sorta funny (because untrammelled self-pity, self-indulgence and wanton destruction is funny! And so is shitting in a pool!), and Carol's annoying, which made the whole stupid idea worse. No heart, no humour, no insight into the human condition at all.

• Feb 19, 2019

one of the best. how could fox cancel it. This is a mythery to me. a Must whatch IMHO.

• Jan 14, 2019

I love this show! None like it on tv, hope someone picks it up!

I love this show! None like it on tv, hope someone picks it up!

• Jul 30, 2018

The Last Man on Earth is one frustrating show to pin down. Never have I ever disliked the main protagonist so much, yet I couldn't stop watching him fumble through this bizarre dry-comedy. What do we have here? Is it good, is it bad? No idea... at least I had a few laughs. Adequate enough... well, onto Season 2.

• Jan 15, 2018

Werid but funny with unusal twists and turns that keep you coming back!

Werid but funny with unusal twists and turns that keep you coming back!

• Nov 23, 2017

I liked him when he was depressed because that seemed like an unusual take on the post-acopalyptic loner comedy, but then he turned into a total douchebag misogynist. Good luck repopulating the same old bullshit. Couldn't make it past episode 6. At least he didn't force her with a gun to have sex, but he sure acted rapey and manipulative. Kept hoping there'd be some epiphany when he legitimately becomes a better person. If someone tells me later that's what happened then I might give it another shot.

• Nov 21, 2017

I find this funny and interesting to watch, even though some characters and situations aggravate me I oddly can't seem to stop watching.

• Oct 07, 2017

This show started out so strong, and then after episode 3 it was just a rerun of people trying to position themselves to get laid. As soon as January Jones entered the picture, the whole premise became about getting into the sack with her. Kristen Schaal is excruciatingly funny and her timing and lines are perfect. As fun as Will Forte starts out in episodes 1-3 he plummets pretty quickly into going full retard, and JJ just... sits with it like it is normal behavior. The show stops exploring the "we're the last people on Earth" and starts with petty squabbling over who gets to fuck who. Instead of exploring the world they are in, and the "last man on Earth" the show just starts introducing new and uninteresting characters (okay Todd is amazing!), but everyone else are just vanilla characters to fight over continuously who gets to screw January Jones' brains out!. Never seen anything start so good and transition so poorly into nothing.