Little Fires Everywhere: Season 1 Reviews

• 7h ago

Completely deviates from the book. Very disappointing.

Completely deviates from the book. Very disappointing.

• 4d ago

Absolutely compelling! Especially if you grew up as a suburban brat in the 50's or 60's. The series has captured that scene perfectly!

• 4d ago

brilliant! from acting, to writing, to screen play to all the little metaphors scattered around that make you think. A must-watch for anyone looking to feel like they're part of a story they actually care about

• 5d ago

Great show! Kinda crazy tho.. lol

Great show! Kinda crazy tho.. lol

• 5d ago

Clunky, very predictable plot lines, Star rating says it all ..Meh... but soap opera style passes the time.

• 6d ago

PHENOMENAL!!! Please God, don't let this end after 8 episodes. 🙏🏻

PHENOMENAL!!! Please God, don't let this end after 8 episodes. 🙏🏻

• Apr 01, 2020

So bad. I made it through 5 episodes and it just got worse, and worse. Super predictable and preachy. Don't waste your time unless you're into that kind of stuff.

• Mar 29, 2020

13 Reasons Why meets Crash (yes, the Ludacris and Sandra Bullock movie that addresses racism). The choices made are so ridiculous and unfortunately so much like ones I've seen in real life. This is probably a good reality check for people who don't interact with other people outside their race.

• Mar 28, 2020

I started to read this book three times and just could not get into it. I knew I should persevere but have yet to do it. However, the show hooked me right away. I love and hate every single one of these characters! I'm anxious to get more background on them and to see how the story develops. The acting is superb! The adults our giving some of their best performances and the kids are all exceptional talents.

• Mar 26, 2020

If you have read the book, you will be disappointed. The biggest problem for me is Mia's character and casting. I don't know if I've seen Kerry Washington in anything else, but in this I don't find her to be a great actress and I don't find her character to be compelling either. In the book, Mia is mysterious, but seems wise, cautious, overall likable, and is supposed to be a virgin. In the show, they made her impulsive, sexually free, hot-headed, and not very likable or believable. I feel like they took all of the nuance and depth away from her character. Some of the writing is also cringey, especially the dialogue between the younger characters. I'm guessing that whoever wrote the script hasn't spent much time around high schoolers - they do NOT talk like that, and it makes the show feel far-fetched. Lexie's character seems way too vapid and unintelligent to have gotten into Yale (to be fair, she also seems too dumb for Yale in the book, but the show makes her seem even dumber). I do like Reese and Joshua Jackson as the Richardsons, but that's about it. The dialogue feels unnatural and far-fetched, and they should've stayed truer to the book.