mixed-ish: Season 1 Reviews

• Mar 25, 2020

It feels good just to sit and enjoy family entertainment—the dynamics and culture mirror my own family's. I know many are complaining about what the show is not, but I love it for what it is. It's an opportunity to laugh with my family and reminisce about an era that was a pivotal time for all mixed families.

• Mar 25, 2020

Retarded-ish. Played out-ish. Not funny at all-ish.

Retarded-ish. Played out-ish. Not funny at all-ish.

• Mar 25, 2020

I love this show. I'm a fan of black-ish and grown-ish, but was skeptical of another spin-off. It turns out this is my favorite of the three. I didn't grow up in the 80's so it's a nice glimpse into the era for me. I also think they did a great job with casting: all of the actors really make their characters come to life. I genuinely look forward to new episodes coming out each week. Please keep this show on the air!

• Feb 18, 2020

Must see! Completely relatable, happy they are giving a good representation of the mixed culture. Tune in every Tuesday's on ABC, you won't be disappointed.

• Jan 31, 2020

Hilarious! Love the messages hidden behind the humor of young children growing up bi-racial and finding their way through the sometimes difficult racial lines and learning to be comfortable within their own skin. A must watch TV show for families.

• Jan 31, 2020

This show is awesome, I have a mixed family and it is totally relatable. I love the context they are exploring, keep it up guys.

• Jan 10, 2020

Pretty funny to me. Love the actors involved in this sitcom.

Pretty funny to me. Love the actors involved in this sitcom.

• Jan 03, 2020

I hate to say it, but the show is complete garbage. Take it from a mixed teenage girl. In this show, there's no plot, no entertainment value, and no character development. Honestly, the only point of the show is to hammer into your head that makes people exist, and by the second or third episode, it was already boring and dry. Every episode is basically the same. Unlike blackish, which I happen to love, this show provided boring characters, stale environments, and completely synthetic conversations. If you took away the fact that the main character is mixed, there would be no show. In contrast, blackish provided unique characters with a plot and an interesting environment. You actually care what happens to the characters and the whole point of the show is not that they're black, even though that's a fundamental part of it. It's integrated in a way that makes it interesting, adds to the plot, and allows the characters to be real people beyond just their race. It would be really nice if we were provided with some dynamic characters, with more than one personality trait and role in the story. I wanted to like this show, and I really hope they can pull it together in the future.

• Dec 12, 2019

It is SO LAZY! instead of contending with the real implications of raising children without capitalism, gender, and race, the show jumps to unrealistic conclusions. When kids are raised with certain values, such as anti-capitalism, they do not immediately run to the first display of it they find, though the show suggests otherwise. It does not make sense that the children are so quick to reject the religious customs they were raised with. I was raised in a non-majority religion and I didn't come home from school excited to reject my Judaism at the first opportunity. When the kids adopt Christmas so easily, it is inconsistent with the setup of the show. This is just a way for the dominant culture to feel soothed in their social practices.

• Dec 07, 2019

Funny and smart! Love all the characters and the writing for the show marries societal conversations with humor really well.