Ordeal by Innocence: Miniseries Reviews

• Jan 06, 2019

I’ve never read any novels by Christie or seen any movies/shows based on her work but after seeing Ordeal of Innocence I was truly impressed. Top notch who done it, great twists and misdirection of who the murderer is. It also has great acting to boot. This has definitely made me more open to Agatha Christie stuff in the future...

• Dec 14, 2018

This three-part series is the best-adapted Agatha Christie mystery in recent memory. A well-casted character study of a family full of secrets, the series will have you fooled until the shocking reveal...

• Sep 14, 2018

This series is wonderfully done. I'm sure that the three-part allowed the series to develop on its own pace.

• Sep 01, 2018

Get a vocabulary! Nobidy cusses like this unless they are gangsters or rappers. Def no white peeps over a certain age. These kids sound like they are trying to impress other 17 year olds. Ehk... get an imagination and come up with some other words besides F*CK would ya please?!

• Sep 01, 2018

Brilliant twisted plot with very good production.

Brilliant twisted plot with very good production.

• Aug 31, 2018

Bill Nighy stars in this.. So what else do I have to say? Okay, so outside of the fact, that he is one of my favorite actors. “Ordeal by Innocence”, is worthy of being made as a miniseries, rather than as a film. Giving the plot and characters more time to develop. The acting as would be expected, is very good and professional. Also, it was nice to be introduced to an Agatha Christie mystery that I had never seen before.

• Aug 26, 2018

A crime story based on Agatha Christie with a somewhat modern twist. Loved it!

A crime story based on Agatha Christie with a somewhat modern twist. Loved it!

• Aug 12, 2018

Phelps captures the layers of character backstory that are a hallmark of Agatha Christie and peels them away with intriguing twists and turns. Highly recommend and hope that here are more to come. Oblique references to the Chrysalids provide a suggestive backdrop to the family's tribulations.

• Apr 11, 2018

PiITIFUL—-Set in 1954 — written by someone who knows nothing about Agatha Christie’ or the era. I’ve nothing against swearing, but to put this in a 1950’s period piece,is completely ridiculous. I was just waiting for a punk to appear and rap to be played in the background. I feel very very sorry that these excellent actors were put through this ordeal. Formulaic— you bet your life it is . The Telegraph gave it 4 stars and the Guardian 5 stars . Presumably out of 5 ???????. To prove I’m very comfortable with swearing —-it’s SHIT.