Ordeal by Innocence: Miniseries Reviews

• Jun 27, 2020

Second best only to and then there was none and that's saying something

Second best only to and then there was none and that's saying something

• May 07, 2020

Very unsatisfying, and this from a huge period drama fan. Despite numerous flashbacks to one dysfunctional family interaction after another, never answers the central question of what's motivating the parents. Not a likable character in the bunch. The cast is great, and includes many favorites of mine, but the screenwriter left the original Christy novel in the trash, and offered only a pale imitation of it instead.

• Jan 06, 2019

I’ve never read any novels by Christie or seen any movies/shows based on her work but after seeing Ordeal of Innocence I was truly impressed. Top notch who done it, great twists and misdirection of who the murderer is. It also has great acting to boot. This has definitely made me more open to Agatha Christie stuff in the future...

• Dec 14, 2018

This three-part series is the best-adapted Agatha Christie mystery in recent memory. A well-casted character study of a family full of secrets, the series will have you fooled until the shocking reveal...

• Sep 14, 2018

This series is wonderfully done. I'm sure that the three-part allowed the series to develop on its own pace.

• Sep 01, 2018

Get a vocabulary! Nobidy cusses like this unless they are gangsters or rappers. Def no white peeps over a certain age. These kids sound like they are trying to impress other 17 year olds. Ehk... get an imagination and come up with some other words besides F*CK would ya please?!

• Sep 01, 2018

Brilliant twisted plot with very good production.

Brilliant twisted plot with very good production.

• Aug 31, 2018

Bill Nighy stars in this.. So what else do I have to say? Okay, so outside of the fact, that he is one of my favorite actors. “Ordeal by Innocence”, is worthy of being made as a miniseries, rather than as a film. Giving the plot and characters more time to develop. The acting as would be expected, is very good and professional. Also, it was nice to be introduced to an Agatha Christie mystery that I had never seen before.

• Aug 26, 2018

A crime story based on Agatha Christie with a somewhat modern twist. Loved it!

A crime story based on Agatha Christie with a somewhat modern twist. Loved it!

• Aug 12, 2018

Phelps captures the layers of character backstory that are a hallmark of Agatha Christie and peels them away with intriguing twists and turns. Highly recommend and hope that here are more to come. Oblique references to the Chrysalids provide a suggestive backdrop to the family's tribulations.