Servant: Season 1 Reviews

• 5d ago

Excellent performances that truly bring life to this mystery-thriller.

Excellent performances that truly bring life to this mystery-thriller.

• Jun 23, 2020

Servant excels at atmosphere (with a capital 'A'), relying on a character-driven story that doesn't rely on cheap jump scares or dumb coincidences, rather uses imagery, music and dialogue to fuel its creepy narrative. And yes, that creepy is also with a capital 'C'.

• Jun 06, 2020

Servant is a cross between Hereditary and American Horror Story: Murder House. It welds together several horror cliches into something fresh with shocking and unsettling results, and great acting helps overcome its meandering plot line.

• Jun 06, 2020

I watched the whole season- interesting enough to get me to watch to see if there was some sort of amazing pay-off in the end but I felt a little short-changed. There were some interesting moments and mystery but in the end I felt like there could have been more. Sixth Sense had me hooked and I am staying hooked but slowly losing a little faith...

• Jun 05, 2020

What is the ending? It didn't explain anything! It's frustrating to binge watching for two days hoping for answers yet didn't get any. If you do this to me, I'll rate you as low as possible.

• May 14, 2020

I'm enjoying it so far! Great tension built suspense.

I'm enjoying it so far! Great tension built suspense.

• May 07, 2020

Infuriating when people don't do what you expect humans to do naturally under a given circumstance. It's a baby then it's a doll, then it's a baby, WTF? I did love the food parts and Lauren Ambrose was magnificent but I wanted to wring her neck! All loose ends with no explanation in the last episode and I'm not too keen to find out now, either. What do they say I'll never get those 5 hours back?

• May 01, 2020

Contrived and tortuous.

Contrived and tortuous.

• Brendan O Super Reviewer
    Apr 19, 2020

Clearly designed for further seasons. Servant is a strong series and it benefits from being something better than its storyline. The show flips the narrative around episode 5 and it becomes a show with more purpose. The show is bite size length and means you can binge easily. Servant is a clear sign Apple Tv have a bright future with quality, just maintaining subscribers might be their real battle. 19/04/2020

• Apr 19, 2020

As others have said... no ending. Certainly not worth the time investment. On a positive note, the editing and cinematography was outstanding. They combine to create a mood of uneasiness and almost become a character of their own. And I love the 30-minute format and wish more shows followed this lead. But the story lacks depth. I found myself after 4 or 5 episodes wanting to fast forward to the end just to get answers. However, I decided to force myself through the journey and suspense. I figured any show with M Night Shyamalan's name in the credits deserved the effort. And he is know for his surprise endings, so I knew something was coming, right. I could not have been more incorrect. What a mistake. The story would have been better as a Tales from The Crypt single episode. At least then the Cryptkeeper would have ended the episode with a short explanation and a few quips, I would have chuckled and been satisfied with my investment. Wait to see if there is a season 2 or 3.