The Legend of Korra: Season 1 Reviews

• Sep 09, 2019

Originally intended as a stand-alone single-season sequel to The Last Airbender, this season brought back the entire creative team from the 4-part finale of TLA. And wow; it shows! This season is an impressive spectacle in terms of animation, music, world-building, steampunk style, and how to continue an amazing series while still having a sense of individuality. An amazing fantasy series!

• Aug 23, 2019

An amazing continuation!

An amazing continuation!

• Jul 22, 2019

A worthy and darker successor to The Last Airbender. The animation and fight scenes are marvels, and the style and wit are the quality you'd expect from these writers, with added romance and grit. While as a whole the show can't beat its predecessor, what can?

• Mar 20, 2019

I'm not the target audience and while it's not among my favourite shows I can appriciate it.

• Mar 08, 2019

This was terrible. Avatar: The LAST Airbender was fantastic and one of the greatest tv shows ever but this was woeful. Ang was an interesting, engaging, funny, colourful character on a spiritual journey, while Korra was bland, boring, humourless and dull.

• Oct 28, 2018

*lady gaga voice* talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, showstopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique

• Oct 05, 2018

Very good continuation to Avatar: The Last Airbender and a nice flashback to the 1920's. The characters are good and the story Arc is completely different to what I'm used to.

• Feb 14, 2018

Really good its a must watch!

Really good its a must watch!

• Dec 26, 2017

Korra can be a bit brash and hard to adjust to at first given how instantly likeable Aang had been, but I actually don't mind that--the creators didn't just retread the same ground as the past series, they took special care to make SURE that Legend of Korra was a new era with new characters. Korra isn't Aang. If anything she's the opposite--and while Aang had to learn to step up to the plate and fight Korra has to learn to step down and compromise. Both are powerful lessons. Anyway, overall it's an interesting season with interesting questions raised as to what it would be like being a nonbender in this world. Overall I quite like it (and particularly how well they build up the main villain). My main complaint with season 1 would be that the final episode sure wraps up quickly, but I don't blame the creators for that, Nickelodeon really messed with them during the making of Korra and its schedule--they thought it was the only season they could make and so they HAD to wrap it all up neatly. They later rectified this for season 4 and you get to see how they would have resolved it if they had been given time.

• Jun 20, 2017

I am a fan of ATLAB, so I wanted to see the same magic from that show in a sequel. Unfortunately this show is what we got. This was a missed opportunity to have a comedic series about the adventures of prince Zuko as he develops into the new fire lord and searches for his mother with the help of Aang and friends. This show is dark and not the light hearted romp that the ATLAB was and, as the series progresses, Korra comes off as an incompetent Avatar.