The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance: Season 1 Reviews

• 6m ago

I've never seen the movie. So I got nostalgic feelings towards this IP. With that being said, it was an okay watch for me. The level of production is great, the puppetry and the CGI are merging seamlessly, the BGM is appropriate and so on. All that eye candy aside, the story didn't bring anything new to the table and some plot points felt quite rushed at times. I will watch a second season, but I'm not particularly excited about it.

• 4h ago

I am a lifelong Dark Crystal fan. When I heard they where making this series I was thrilled! As an artist, the original movie had such an impact on me as a child. The series is totally amazing. I love the rich, layered world of the gelflings. The movie only scratches the surface. The series goes much deeper and is very compelling. I know this show may not be some people's cup of tea. I have always appreciated the Jim Henson company's work and this show is just fantastic.

• 21h ago

Everyone should see this masterpiece!

Everyone should see this masterpiece!

• 21h ago

The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance pays homage to the 1982 cult classic while still managing to hold up fairly well on its own without having to watch the film. Thanks to breathtaking visuals that wonderfully combine puppetry and practical effects with CGI, an all-star cast that all fit perfectly in their roles, managing to expand on the world of Thra much more than the movie ever could - having 10 and a half hours rather than 90 minutes helps in this regard - and having heart to go along with the dark tone, this prequel series is sure to have you forget that you're watching puppets. Jim Henson, who I see as the Walt Disney of puppets, would be proud of what Louis Leterrier and company have managed to accomplish.

• Sep 16, 2019

Absolutely stunning filmmaking, heart-wrenching story and an A-class cast. This is no childrens show, this is a blockbuster.

• Sep 16, 2019

It Is so good. It Is a masterpiece. O was 5 years old when the original movie was on theathers.. Yes both gelflings and evento more skekses where frightening todo me.. But I went beyond the looks and enjoyed the movie a lot. This New series brings back allí of the scary caracteres But that males them WONDERFUL. Right now I can see Deet as a beatiful girl in all the ways. I feel the all the love, the Fear, the desperation, happiness, sadness and hope the puppets want us to feel...

• 1d ago

Poling justicia!!!!!!

Poling justicia!!!!!!

• 2d ago

Wonderful puppetry/CGI combination, creating a rich, resplendent world that feels new and familiar at the same time. Some frivolity and segments that you have to push through (podling bath), but overall I thought the plot was compelling, though characters not entirely original. Skeksis were very well done and their role as antagonists was embedded with some actually chilling evil.

• 2d ago

Amazing, so beautiful.

Amazing, so beautiful.

• 3d ago

I seriously enjoyed this show. The puppeteer work and scale was amazing. The writing and story was consistent with the film.