The Terror: Infamy Reviews

• Dec 22, 2019

It is good that a TV series talk about a silenced and shaming episode of US history, but it has not found the more ashtonishing way to tell it.

• Dec 02, 2019

The second season in this series that combines realistic horror with the supernatural continues the trend as it follows a Japanese American family and their neighbors as they are interned during World War II and are threatened by a ghost. I definitely preferred the first season, but this is a good work by itself. The show is a sad look at, but an important lesson on, the Japanese American interment camps. It even contains some details I hadn't heard before. The season doesn't shove the awfulness down your throats at once, rather having the show breathe and have the worse parts hit you in occasional gut punches. Between it all is some good drama of people dealing with adversity. I felt this was a good view into Japanese culture, especially the paranormal part of it. It's just refreshing for an American supernatural show to use a non-Christian religion as a basis. Cast is good across the board. Shingo Usami and Derek Mio work great together as a combative dad and son showing the differences between generations (immigrant and first generation Japanese Americans). Usami is probably the best actor in this. He plays the stoic Japanese father but is able to convey so much with so little. Unfortunately, the story does have its share of leaps of logic. It's cardinal sin though is that it simply can't compare to the superb combination of acting, story, and execution that was the first season. Overall, I've found this to be rather interesting and recommend this.

• Nov 08, 2019

Found it to be even better than season 1

Found it to be even better than season 1

• Nov 03, 2019

the significance of this series and what it means to asian representation in media is enough of a reason to watch it.

• Nov 02, 2019

I haven't been able to get into this season. It's pretty repetitive and really slow, without the sense of dread that made the first season so compelling.

• Oct 24, 2019

I thought this was pretty good although some of the episodes where a little slow.

• Oct 23, 2019

I don't know which was worse, the Terror Season 2 or True Detective Season 3. Both series had the strongest opening seasons in memory and were sunk into the muck by heavy handed virtue signalling and being spun into sanctimonious sermons on race. A real bummer. This is not what people want to watch. We've seen this a million times already yet Hollywood cannot resist the temptation to, what exactly, ruin a good thing because they dislike Trump? Very sad. The Terror was great. Now it is unwatchable.

• Oct 22, 2019

It is not a masterpiece like the first season, and it is hard to get a win against one of the best (Terror one) cinematography ever made but, Infamy is a good piece of art. Acting is good, horror is softer than the first season, it is not TERROR! but it gives u big creeps. The best thing that I can say about this season is the political story of Japanese people in the USA at that time, and showing that Japanese camps in that condition are a fascist movement of government and propaganda at that time. For me personally, this and better story of horror will be better that they make Samurai a story of that old-time of japan. I gave 4 stars because I truly want this beautiful piece of television to continue.

• Oct 19, 2019

first season was great!! this......is not.

first season was great!! this......is not.

• Oct 18, 2019