Veep: Season 5 Reviews

• Mar 12, 2020

Ep 9 of season 5 is one of the best tv I have I ever seen

Ep 9 of season 5 is one of the best tv I have I ever seen

• Oct 09, 2019

A satire dripping with acid wit, supported by an elaborate ensemble of infectious chemistry. Although she may have lost her presidency, VEEP's fifth season sees the series at its most thoughtful, thematically potent, and most of all, pain stakingly hilarious. I mean you know you're the best comedy on television when Jonah Ryan is in congress! Iroh's grade: A-

• Mar 02, 2018

Clever, funny, and quick. Best joke per minute on TV. JLD is awesome.

Clever, funny, and quick. Best joke per minute on TV. JLD is awesome.

• Aug 06, 2017

Selina Meyer's first full year as president leads to perhaps the series' best season yet, and thanks to some unexpected sub-plots with her daughter (the show's most reserved characters) the series feels more eclectic too.

• Jul 09, 2016

Something is missing from this season. The acting is still great but the dialogue is nowhere near the level of excellence of previous seasons.

• Jul 02, 2016

Veep continues to deliver sharp and funny dialogues with absurdly hilarious situations thanks largely to Julia Louis-Dreyfus' landmark performance.

• May 29, 2016

who watches this stuff?

who watches this stuff?

• May 07, 2016

What happened? Went from clever, surprising, funny to predictable, lame...reminds me of last season/s of Seinfeld and Friends when the true talent left to start their own shows and hacks were left to run the show into the ground. Please HBO keep the good talent that made this show great, cut the hacks who think juice cleanse and how-old-is-sue thrulines are actually interesting and new...so sad if this show continues like episode 2.

• May 05, 2016

So talented is Julia Louis Drefus, she turns every role she played from Elaine, Christine to Madam President to gold. Completely owns these characters that one cannot imagine any one else taking them on.

• Apr 29, 2016