The Happening - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Happening Reviews

October 23, 2016
One of the most hilarious non intentional comedies I've ever seen
½ September 25, 2016
I've read A Brief History of Time and I still cannot get my head around how anyone in their right state of mind would fund this gigantic waste of time. Why Mark Wahlberg agreed to do this, Zooey Deschanel as well, is beyond me.

Seriously. Found this turd in the $3.74 bin and it isn't worth the damned plastic it was written to.

I have to give it at least a half star, but it's an absolute zero. No stars.
½ September 21, 2016
A brilliantly awful film with some of the worst acting I've ever seen and a laughably depicted twist.
September 13, 2016
Watch it with Rifftrax
September 3, 2016
What do you want me to say? I mean, it's The Happening.
½ August 27, 2016
"The Happening" had an odd yet interesting premise. But unfortunately, everything fell a part with its idiotic characters, terrible acting and god awful dialogue.
½ August 21, 2016
Terrible! The title of The Happening is probably the most misleading title in the history of cinema.
August 3, 2016
Oh, it happened alright...
½ July 25, 2016
Although I like the premise, the execution is a little weak to me... I would like to spend some more time in this universe though. Few more points of view; maybe some more time spent on the aftermath. If this is possible maybe a little more time spewing technobabble to make it believable. The bit of action here is intense; there just wasn't enough
½ July 25, 2016
I was laughing in almost every scene of the movie. But I did feel really bad for Mark Wahlberg. Not only did most of the laughs come from him, but the character he played didn't fit Mark's personality at ALL. I think Mark's a great actor. Give him the right script and the right direction he's great. This is definitely not one of them lol.
July 13, 2016
The Happening is so bad it's good! The plot is so stupid but still manages to spook which is why I love M. Night Shyamaln. At least it had a new idea to add to Sci-Fi!
½ July 9, 2016
One of the worst films ever made from one of the worst directors ever. It seems that 6th Sense was a massive fluke.
½ July 7, 2016
No chemistry between Deschanel and Wahlberg. Too many unanswered questions and just too goofy of a plot.
½ June 29, 2016
After watching this I must agree that hot dogs do get a bad wrap. This movie was sooooo bad. The acting was on par with the room as was the writing. this one is definitely going on my its so bad it's good list
½ June 27, 2016
I don't know what I hate more, the fact that I spent money to see it or that i just didn't walk out of the theater. Absolutely NOTHING happened in the Happening.
½ June 27, 2016
I liked this movie because it was fucking spooky!  The biological terror that no one could fight was super scary and Shyamalan wins again for eerie cinematography.  Bonus points for Mrs. Jones who was unexplainably bizarre.  The only problem was SNL's Mark Wahlberg Talks to Animals.  I kept hearing "You're a dog.  What's that all about?"  It was an odd distraction.  One thing I would like to note is that I never had teachers in high school who looked like Marky Mark and John Leguizamo.  One thing that bothered me that I read bothered Marky Mark as well is why would there be food in a house that hasn't been lived in for years?  Also why were the animals not affected in the beginning but later on they were?  Anyway, I think it was the plants.  Don't watch this before bed.  Spooky.
½ June 21, 2016
Probably the dumbest movie you'll ever see, where nothing makes sense at all. But then again, it's really fun to laugh at.
½ June 21, 2016
While I appreciate the thought of a movie that reminds viewers to be gentle to the earth, this is not the right vehicle for that. It was just so frustratingly bad that any message it has gets overshadowed by the terrible dialog.
May 26, 2016
Not as horrifically bad as you've heard, but still not a good film at all.
May 22, 2016
One of the most strangest movies I've ever seen. The acting and cast was alright, but the main problem with this movie was the plot. It makes no sense because of the fact that there's some air or something that makes people commit suicide.

I wouldn't recommend it.