The Happening - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Happening Reviews

April 21, 2017
M. Night Shyamalana-ding-dong's magnum opus.
April 18, 2017
Typical M Night Shyamalan movie, something strange happens with no explanation. However, this film's concept of the earth taking revenge on the human race is interesting. As always, the script for M Night Shyamalan's movie is not very good.
½ April 10, 2017
I didn't know whether to laugh or to break the DVD, so I did both.
½ April 8, 2017
Attack of the killer bush, and I don't mean 'W'.
½ April 8, 2017
Environmentalist horror fantasy. Avatar meets Children of the Corn, only without the quality. Avoid at all costs, except for drunken hilarity. MST3K-Ready Films Presents, M. Night Shyamalan's The Happening.
½ April 4, 2017
Worst movie I have ever had the displeasure of viewing.
½ March 26, 2017
This isn't a movie that says much. So some neurotoxins make people commit suicide. Cheap formula in my opinion, I think Shyamalan went a bit overboard here.
½ March 21, 2017
About halfway through this movie, I began taunting a houseplant in hope that it would kill me before I had to watch the rest of it.
March 16, 2017
Hey, do you want to watch people commit suicide for an hour and a half without any explanation? Then this movie is for you!
March 13, 2017
not as terrible as everyone says...though there are some terrible scenes and some dialogue is laughably bad...there is just as many solid scenes to make it an entertaining flick...shyamalan has the talent to make a truly amazing movie...it just needs to all come together for him with a bit of luck....this aint it and the closest hes come to it is unbreakable..one can only hope he eventually pulls through theres been enough shitty directors who have made one solid movie...hes better than them so i have faith in that crazy muthafucka...people get mangled in this movie haha
March 10, 2017
This is where Shyamalan really fell off a cliff, boring movie with no real hallmark twist.
½ March 9, 2017
The only good thing about this film is the structure of the plot was kind of fresh, but it still can't make The Happening's terrible script, awkward acting and tedious scenes better.
March 8, 2017
M. Night begins again with an interesting premise, but takes place on screen is too boring and downright terrible to keep you interested. Performances and dialogue are terrible across the board, with random bursts of energy/emotion feeling forced and out of place. Plus, ending leaves much to be desired.
February 28, 2017
Estranho o no do filme the happening...por quê de happening não tem nada!!
½ February 26, 2017
here we call such films "Eggs"..because it doesn't worth to be watching!
½ February 21, 2017
Come on. Who doesn't like Zooey Deschanel...
February 19, 2017
Most horrible acting and directing I have ever seen. A potentially interesting story completely destroyed. Only Mark Wahlberg makes a slight effort to be credible and even then the director robbed him of that.
½ February 19, 2017
Not much happening in the conclusion of "The Happening."
February 9, 2017
Though I don't think it's as horrible as everybody says, it's still a laughably cheesy and bad-acted movie that's good for a MST3K type viewing with friends.
February 9, 2017
Would have given this movie only 1 star, but since it was just so hilarious and entertaining so I had to give it an extra one