The Happening - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Happening Reviews

½ January 17, 2017
wasn't the worst movie ever, but Mark Walberg is pretty bad.
January 15, 2017
This movie was great for what it was. Don't judge by what others have written about it. It is suspenseful and will keep you interested to the end. I loved the actors and the characters had some dimension. Don't try to over think everything.
January 9, 2017
Worth the watch for the comedic bad acting and not so much for a good film.
January 8, 2017
The movie had a lot of potential, but Zooey Deschanel and Mark Wahlberg had awkward interactions, and none of the plot was properly explained even by the end of the film, leaving the audience to feel the scenario was pointless.
½ January 4, 2017
The idea is terrible and doesn't make sense at all. What a shame...
December 15, 2016
This movie really got me at the end
½ December 4, 2016
Pésima película + horribles actuaciones.
½ December 3, 2016
This is some of the worst filmmaking I have ever seen. It basically is about something happening that causes people to kill themselves thus providing the excuse to show graphic and disgusting suicides on screen, and then when it needs to stop because no one can watch a movie forever, something else happens that stops the happening. Seriously, stop messing with me.
November 25, 2016
Bizarre and oddly executed. The Happening suffers from poor acting, writing but not terrible direction. However it also makes for some unintentional hilarity that you can't turn away from
½ November 19, 2016
Very immature. Totally not worth watching.
November 17, 2016
Prescient, palpably tense and thought-provoking, M. Night Shyamalan's sci-fi horror flick is a thoroughly serious -- yet eerily gripping and chilling -- throwback to the suspenseful works of Alfred Hitchcock.
½ November 15, 2016
So it wasnt a great movie, but I enjoyed the suspense.
November 13, 2016
This was about the oddest movie I've seen in a long time. Thought it was very well done. Worth watching again.
½ November 3, 2016
Well this was weird. It was ok to watch but the acting was pretty poor and when the leaves blew in the wind it was pretty shit. Absolutely no idea what the point of this whole thing was.
October 23, 2016
One of the most hilarious non intentional comedies I've ever seen
½ September 25, 2016
I've read A Brief History of Time and I still cannot get my head around how anyone in their right state of mind would fund this gigantic waste of time. Why Mark Wahlberg agreed to do this, Zooey Deschanel as well, is beyond me.

Seriously. Found this turd in the $3.74 bin and it isn't worth the damned plastic it was written to.

I have to give it at least a half star, but it's an absolute zero. No stars.
½ September 21, 2016
A brilliantly awful film with some of the worst acting I've ever seen and a laughably depicted twist.
September 13, 2016
Watch it with Rifftrax
September 3, 2016
What do you want me to say? I mean, it's The Happening.
½ August 27, 2016
"The Happening" had an odd yet interesting premise. But unfortunately, everything fell a part with its idiotic characters, terrible acting and god awful dialogue.