The Happening - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Happening Reviews

½ August 6, 2017
The Happening? More like The Nothing. Though it has an idea with a potential of becoming a good film, it fails because of its hilarious delivery that makes the film so bad that it's good. Bring your friends, grab some drinks, and have fun watching it!
August 2, 2017
The first 5-10 minutes of "The Happening" are tremendous. It's all downhill from there, bottoming out at its laughable conclusion.
½ August 1, 2017
M. Night has lost it. And that acting was TERRIBLE!
½ July 31, 2017
Really? Fucking plants?
½ July 13, 2017
Though I don't think it's as horrible as everybody says, it's still a laughably cheesy and bad-acted movie that's good for a MST3K type viewing with friends.
½ July 7, 2017
This movie was terrible. A few good acting talents in the film but they sure didn't seem like it in this. An unidentified threat constantly chasing a group left the movie with awkward pacing. Then left with an anticlimactic climax. M. Night is a terrible director. I never thought I'd say that about the same guy that did Unbreakable and the Sixth Sense.
½ July 5, 2017
unfortunately zero stars was unavailable.
July 4, 2017
The Happening is an unintentionally made comedy full of LOL moments and senseless dialogue, which is so bad it's so good to the guts.
½ June 20, 2017
The most ironically titled movie in history.
½ June 15, 2017
If Shyamalan was making a spoof of horror movies, this would be a classic. Unfortunately, instead of making a film to reinvent the horror genre, he made a movie that the makers of Disaster Movie could really follow as to how to spoof a genre: get a terrible premise, and horrible dialogue.
½ June 14, 2017
Wow, this movie would make me agree with Jason about Wahlberg's acting, if everyone else in the movie wasn't just as bad if not worse. The writing was horrible. It's like it was meant for a high school play.
June 9, 2017
One of the worst movie ive seen these past 3 years... Waste of time...
April 21, 2017
M. Night Shyamalana-ding-dong's magnum opus.
April 18, 2017
Typical M Night Shyamalan movie, something strange happens with no explanation. However, this film's concept of the earth taking revenge on the human race is interesting. As always, the script for M Night Shyamalan's movie is not very good.
½ April 10, 2017
I didn't know whether to laugh or to break the DVD, so I did both.
½ April 8, 2017
Attack of the killer bush, and I don't mean 'W'.
½ April 8, 2017
Environmentalist horror fantasy. Avatar meets Children of the Corn, only without the quality. Avoid at all costs, except for drunken hilarity. MST3K-Ready Films Presents, M. Night Shyamalan's The Happening.
½ April 4, 2017
Worst movie I have ever had the displeasure of viewing.
½ March 26, 2017
This isn't a movie that says much. So some neurotoxins make people commit suicide. Cheap formula in my opinion, I think Shyamalan went a bit overboard here.
½ March 21, 2017
About halfway through this movie, I began taunting a houseplant in hope that it would kill me before I had to watch the rest of it.