Predators - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Predators Reviews

July 18, 2017
Predators is the return to greatness after bad sequels to the classic action sci fi hit. It pulls an Aliens and adds an 'S' at the end of the name to make a whole new movie. It's not what you would expect from a classic movie sequel made in 2010. The makers don't just go for more gore. I appreciate it.
Let me start by saying, the first Predator was good. However, like I said in my review, it has a few missed opportunities that could have made it better. This movie essentially does what the first film didn't do - make it better. There's just a certain thing that movies like this should have. A good example is Alien. It's intense and sometimes over the top, and it works so well, and the first Predator didn't really pull that off. Predators, however does a great job doing just what it should.
Something else noteworthy about this movie is that it has more interesting characters. It's an odd group of people, and it really plays with your emotions on all of them. The characters in the first movie didn't have much to them, other than they were all stranded together, but the characters in this movie have conflicts and development to them, which was really great. There's also a twist type thing in the end that will really get you. Something strange I found about this movie is the runtime. It's also my main complaint. This movie could have easily lasted two hours and it didn't. It still has the over the top, never ending feel, but the conclusion is, well, interesting. It definetly wasn't a great ending.
It kinda felt lazy. Nonetheless, it's not too bad to have an ending that doesn't tie up everything, it just could have made this movie better.
Overall, Predators has more over the top intense action than the original, as well as more character conflict and development. It has a great performance from Adrien Brody and good ones from the rest of the cast. It captures the feel that the first movie somewhat missed, and has enough interesting scenes, even if the ending isn't great.
July 16, 2017
Not quite as streamlined as its predecessor, a film it forces tributes to a little too much. However, it's different where it counts and it succeeds in being to Predator what Cameron's sequel was to Alien; I.e. it drops most of the tension, but ups the ante and it fleshes out the life of the monster, while also focusing more on the human character, both it's positives and negatives. Indeed, it's admirable in its bravery for having such an unsympathetic main protagonist. The cleverly convenient set-up, which allows the 'best of the best' to have any skill set as required, is sometimes undermined by only one of them being as smart as that implies. There're also a couple of action scenes at the end that could easily have been so much better, but for the most part this is almost as fun, if not as memorable, as the original.
July 15, 2017
Absolutely gripping, entertaining, and the sequel the original deserves.
½ July 10, 2017
"Predators" is just nowhere near as good as it should have been. It's totally watchable and there are a few pretty good scenes, but the dialogues are too stilted, the action predictable and the acting borderline cringy (hint: Brody thinks he's Christian Bale's Batman - and is still better than the rest). What wasn't predictable was how this motley crew ended up in and how it'd get off that planet. And no one bothered to grace us with a solution. They forgot the ending. Can happen to anyone, eh?
June 28, 2017
After the underrated Predator 2 and the extremely iffy AVP movies, Predators is a breath of fresh air for the franchise. I disagree with those who say Adrien Brody was miscast as Royce. Action may not be Brody's cup of tea, but he manages to give a strong performance. The action is fun and tense, and the final fight grabs you and doesn't let go.
May 21, 2017
As a huge fan of the original "Predator" movie, I thought this was a great one-off companion! I can't believe it doesn't have a higher Rotten Tomatoes score. I loved that John Debney added a contemporary twist to Alan Silvestri's original score. And while I look forward to Shane Black's upcoming "The Predator," I hope that Rodriguez would continue this film's story line or that Black's will somehow bridge the two narratives.
April 24, 2017
It's okay. Interesting premise but not executed well enough.
½ April 9, 2017
While starting out tense and entertaining, Predators soon overstays it's welcome with mediocre performances, a convoluted plot and an overlong runtime.
March 30, 2017
Predators is the best Predator sequel and returns to the series' roots but does have a severe lacking of Arnie.
March 29, 2017
A huge improvement over the second movie. This one is a solid action flick and a great addition to this franchise.
½ March 26, 2017
Thats a very decent movie, actually. Had a lot of fun watching.
½ March 5, 2017
Good movie... interesting premise.. did somewhat well.. definately worth watching
½ March 4, 2017
The predator action is the most intense action of the film. The three, newly evolved Berzerker Predators were awesome and the classic predator was a nice touch. Even though some of the humans were annoying, it was a movie that met it's needs to be a new predators film. This film will impress the fans.
February 28, 2017
It's a good time filler and worth a watch if you like these alien sci-fi type movies. The one liners are embarrassing at times and overall a very predictable and boring cast
February 1, 2017
The first movie was better than this
January 21, 2017
Interesting premise but boring ending.
January 11, 2017
Solid yet predicable by-the-numbers entry in the franchise.
January 9, 2017
Reasonably forgettable but a very decent entry into the franchise regardless.
December 30, 2016
The movie is full of poor acting and wasted actors. Predators tries way too hard to be like the original taking scenes from the Predator and makes it worst. The only reasonable "ok" thing was the predator v predator sequence. Dont see this movie it sucks
½ December 30, 2016
Good setting, decent cast, not enough predator.