The Belles of St. Trinian's Reviews

• Jan 02, 2020

Not a bad film for its age but obviously a bit dated now (1953). Not in the same class as the likes of The Carry Ons or George Formby, Laurel and Hardy et al., but OK to while away a slow afternoon in the winter. Watch out for George Cole (Minder), Sid James and Beryl Reid in this one.

• Dec 27, 2019

Basically, a hoot. Stuffed with top comic actors. Wonderful stuff.

Basically, a hoot. Stuffed with top comic actors. Wonderful stuff.

• Apr 17, 2016

Very funny British comedy with Alistair Sim in a dual role (one played in drag!).

• Kevin M. W Super Reviewer
    Dec 06, 2015

A British school for proper young ladies that inspires righteous dread? There's no wonder when it's the little hellions of St.Trinian's, whose very approach sends the locals scurrying for cover and leaves full grown adults hiding under their beds. Lead by the dodgy Alistair Sim in drag, Ronald Searles' comic creations are a force to be reckoned with and then some. And there's more than a smile or two garnered from these reform school aspirants.

• Oct 05, 2015

Riotous comedy. A British cinema gem as a group of schoolgirls organise a betting racket with the help of the glorious George Cole as flash Harry. Other wonderful performances from Alastair Sim and Joyce Grenfell

• Apr 04, 2015

Very typical British comedy of that era. The idea was a good one, and I hope that the follow up films are more fun. There was way too much focus on the headmistress, who was basically supposed to get us all laughing as it was, wait for it, played by a MAN!! pfnarr. I guess that was enough back in them days.

• May 02, 2014

Terrible tykes, gin and horses, and the great Alastair Sim as Millicent Fritton, headmistress at St. Trinian's--British fun that spawned an industry... The Forerunner of Sketch Comedy!!

• Dec 25, 2013

awesome and funny still holds up well too

awesome and funny still holds up well too

• Nov 12, 2013

A charming likeable English Comedy about the troublesome girl school St Trinnan's that is a lot of fun to watch. A fantastic performance from Alastair Sim, you'll feel you'll be seeing double but he plays to perfection the female headmistress of the school & her brother the financial backer Filled to the brim with pranks from the school girls & a charming side story about Horse Racing. It's a clever film that is genuinely a laugh to my knowledge this is the strongest title in the series.

• Sep 05, 2013

I found this rather too slapstick and did not enjoy the storyline. The one thing that kept me watching was Alistair Sim as Millicent Fritton. Other than that, I found it a rather irritating film!