Captain America Reviews

• Jul 22, 2020

They got the costume correct...

They got the costume correct...

• May 18, 2020

Well... this serial is the weakest of the group I have watched lately... The first live action version of a Marvel Comics character (though at the time they were known as Timely Comics).... but this is Captain America in name only... he has the costume but that's about it... Instead of being super soldier Steve Rogers... in this one he is District Attorney Grant Gardner, he has no super powers, no shield, and uses a gun. The fights are also super cheesy, even for this era and the storyline not particularly compelling... this one was a real chore to sit through the full three+ hours.

• Nov 06, 2019

An incredibly bad captain America movie that is way too longer and drags way to much

• Sep 24, 2017

Rubber ears, crappy stunt doubles, and cuts that either were really slow, or Stan lee on speed. This captain America has no words but terrible. Red skull, you know, the famous German scientist, is Italian. Our brave American patriot is pretending to have polio and spends no time in America. And the ending and acting is soooo bad, it literally made me bed someone to put a new marvel movie on instead

• Mar 14, 2017

This old serials get hate, I feel they are okay for the time.

This old serials get hate, I feel they are okay for the time.

• Feb 03, 2016

There's a surprising amount of serials based on comic characters, yet only a few tend to stand out. This is not one of those that do. Cap' America is out of character, the plot is generic, and the action are incredibly bland.

• Jan 06, 2015

This original Captain America (in serial rather than single motion picture) was disappointing for several reasons. The first is that Cap's name isn't Steve Rogers - as it should be - but Grant Gardner, a district attorney who fancies himself a cop. He also chooses to wield a revolver instead of a shield and is all too happy to kill any bad guy who gets in his way. His shoot (or punch) first and ask questions later attitute adds to his incompetence as a hero. Instead of arriving in the nick of time, he arrives either too late or wastes time beating people up when subterfuge is in order. Also very strange was the plot in general. In the comic books, Cap was a WWII hero, and given that this movie was filmed during the war, I would have expected a wartime plot. Instead we are left with a disgruntled archaeologist and his band of thugs who are never a match for the very much non-super hero D.A. Although there was much more that could be criticized, the only other curiosity that bothered me was a distinct lack of women. There was only one! Cap's sidekick was a woman named Gail who had almost no personality and was mostly useless aside from her ability to act in charge and then be captured. When faced with death, she mostly seemed bored. Outside of Gail, there were no other female characters - not even an extra! Basically I would recommend watching this if you really enjoy shoot 'em up action films, fist fights, and car chases. If you're looking for a good plot, decent acting, or loyalty to the original creation, look elsewhere.

• Aug 19, 2012

At about 4 hours long, it's not hard to see why it was intended as a serial. The fight scenes are hilarious with the hero's ability to shoot hand guns and throw wooden stools.

• Mar 23, 2012

A very well done movie serial, when most of them were, quite frankly, just slapped together.

• Dec 18, 2011