Cat People - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Cat People Reviews

½ October 7, 2016
Hih, "kauhu"leffa 40-luvulta. (Suom. Kissaihmisiš)
½ July 15, 2016
Stylish direction, atmospheric photography, plot which implies more than it features. Cat People is creepy as much as melancholy. 9/10
½ July 14, 2016
½ June 12, 2016
Brooding, atmospheric classic 1940s horror with some memorable set pieces. An absolute classic of the genre.
May 26, 2016
Another lost rating Flixster.

It was bizarre, but fascinating. I loved the Serbian aspect to it.
April 24, 2016
Fantastic movie. Really stays psychological for as long as it possibly can, and I found it pretty damn relatable, which surprised me. It reminded me a lot of an ex of mine.
½ April 14, 2016
The first of a magnificent series of horror films produced by Val Lewton for RKO. It's not among my favourite of his films, but it has a lot going for it. Jacques Tourneur was one of the more talented directors to work with Lewton, and he creates a wonderful atmosphere of dread. The film has some incredible sequences that have been copied so often, they seem cliched when seen these days, but they are among the best slow burns in the genre. My issue with the film is that the narrative slows to a crawl in the middle third, and the lead male character is an incredibly clueless dud. I so dislike him, I have trouble getting into much of the story.
½ March 30, 2016
An excellent, atmospheric horror film about the danger of mind over matter, and the difficulties we face in overcoming our destinies. Truth be told, though, I wouldn't have given Irena's character a second glance--I would have been with Alice all the way! =)
½ March 14, 2016
Classic horror from Tourneur - photographed with languorous style.
March 6, 2016
A bit Corny,but charming
February 8, 2016
I was expecting more from what I thought was a classic horror film. There is no horror here, and very little suspense. How this film developed such a reputation is beyond me. The film does not hold up such as many other classic horrors such as Frankenstein, Nosferatu, etc.
½ November 4, 2015
Patiently executed and cleverly written for an average B horror flick at its age in style. (B)

(Full review coming soon)
November 1, 2015
Made fresh by its lack of conventional horror tactics, this romantic monster movie plays straightforward with its ideas.
You can try to rid the world of evil, but you'll never scrub clean the uncontrollable wickedness that lies inside each and every one of us. The morals are as old-fashioned as the storytelling is timeless.
October 23, 2015
It's filled in suspense and tense atmosphere, but there arent's enough disturbing elements in the plot to make it memorable.
½ October 3, 2015
A beautiful but superstitious Serbian girl tries to have a normal happy American marriage, but how can you be happy when you're a member of a cursed clan of were-cats & the office homewrecker convinces your husband to annul the wedding? Good thing that creepy psychiatrist is smitten.
September 24, 2015
A little eerie, but I wouldn't say extremely.
June 18, 2015
I love this creepy, sad little movie.
March 4, 2015
Likeable psychological horror let down by pacing issues.
February 25, 2015
A classic noirish horror masterpiece with a tremendous atmosphere of the unknown horror. It was a genius idea not to show the critter but instead to create an idea of it presence.