The Fly - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Fly Reviews

April 4, 2018
The best remake I have ever seen in my life. The makeup effects are well-worth noting because it just looks so unbelievably realistic. This one easily kicks the original`s rear end.
½ April 3, 2018
Rewatched, still holds up pretty well.
½ April 2, 2018
Fans of body horror and David Cronenberg will have so much to love in this gruesome, tense and yet tremendously heartbreaking film that not only impresses with its magnificent Oscar-winning makeup but also understands that this should be about the characters above everything else.
April 1, 2018
It's all about how we hate insects these days and I liked the way they presented it
March 26, 2018
I finally got around to watching this and it was a great body-horror movie. Not only is Goldblum's transformation grotesque, it is very emotional and you end up sympathizing strongly with everyone involved. The final scene is burned into my memory and stands as one of the most powerful scenes I have ever seen in a horror film. I was not expecting the emotional rollercoaster but it was a fantastic film to watch.
½ February 23, 2018
1001 movies to see before you die.
½ February 15, 2018
The most Kafkian film ever made.
½ February 7, 2018
This movie is an excellent remake. It is scary, thrilling, well done and has an excellent pace. Jeff Goldblum is in his best at this main role here
February 5, 2018
Can anyone recommend this film without mentioning the special effects, or that it stars Jeff Goldblum? The 1958 version is a million times better.
February 2, 2018
Body horror masterpiece that makes modern CGI tear its fingernails out in comparison.
January 13, 2018
Wow, What a movie.....
½ December 10, 2017
4.5/5. The Fly is fantastically disgusting and uber-disterbing. Jeff Goldblum gives a fantastic performance, and David Cronenberg dishes up some of the best gore I have ever seen in a movie.
November 3, 2017
Gruesome and visceral, and even disgusting at times, all mixing in favor for its creativity and clever subject of approach, including the outstanding work of practical effects, this body-horror remake of the 50s classic outstands on its own with intelligence, compelling set up and a ingenious take in regards of the previous films, turning out to be one of David Cronenberg best films, and a complete accomplishment for both, horror films and remakes becoming ,for many, even more memorable than the previous versions.
½ October 31, 2017
Solid through and through. Cronenberg's practical effects are a welcome breath of fresh air in an era of green screen and computer generated everything. The classic movie makes the macabre and grotesque transformation feel real and helps the movie age with grace.
A fun watch that isn't too scientifically taxing for the sci fan.
½ October 31, 2017
Only Cronenberg could remake the great B-movie original with as much humor as he does terror. The visual effects and makeup in the body horror is undeniable and supremely disgusting, but the way Goldblum's Brundle handles his transformation is dryly and unnervingly funny. Goldblum and Davis are both so great, and the way the movie peals away thematic layers of purity and sex and procreation goes far beyond the original. Gross goodness.
October 23, 2017
Though [The Fly] is quite revolting, the special effects for the time are phenomenal, and even with the technology this day, the special effects in this movie are far superior to mot CGI in horror movies today.
October 8, 2017
The Fly is hard to watch, in a good way. If anybody knows the grotesque, it's Cronenberg. The effects are spectacular, but they are also built on a tragic tale of Hubris. The Fly is a great film and I would highly recommend it.
October 7, 2017
Dang creepy and effectively done, The Fly is a masterpiece
½ September 14, 2017
Great gross out creature work