King Kong - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

King Kong Reviews

August 14, 2017
Love it from beginning to end .
July 27, 2017
The movie is filled with iconic and memorable scenes, a textured story, and great effects
July 21, 2017
Perhaps the most important film in Hollywood history. King Kong pioneered the art of visual effects; was the first movie with a cinematic score; pioneered the summer blockbuster; and even birthed Fantasy as a genre within film. The storytelling is tight, immaculate, and efficient. The themes explored of civilization versus mother nature; man's potential to corrupt even monstrous aberrations; the dynamic of beauty and the best; and the drive for success & greed at all costs have never been more powerfully explored. And of course, the brilliance of the immortal Willis O'Brien is a must see for anyone alive on Earth. Kong did something extraordinary; it proved that audiences view big screen movie monsters as three dimensional characters with souls themselves. This movie here is where modern day Hollywood was born!
½ June 27, 2017
The special effects are really good for its time and the movie had a lot of great stuff. This is still my most favourite King Kong movie.

8.8/10
June 13, 2017
Classic movie, this brightened up the world in the Great Depression, and it did a wonderful job, King Kong was not so out of this world like Godzilla. It was more thrilling and had you saying, what will happen next?!
May 26, 2017
As dated as some of the effects are, they still have an undeniable charm to them. The original "King Kong" is the ideal monster movie.
½ May 9, 2017
4.5/5. A fantastic monster movie. King Kong is a true classic that holds up remarkably well and boasts some incredible monster fight scenes.
½ May 5, 2017
One of the greatest classics in the history of film. A grand adventure tale that spans from Skull Island to New York City. I don't know much so far of other films around the same era, but this one looks to be one of the most intense and fearsome action films during it's time. With two remakes (not including Kong: Skull Island), this film still stands out as one of the greatest action flicks, and one of the greatest films in general, of all time.
May 4, 2017
OS ANOS PASSAM E ESSE FILME CONTINUA A TER UM GRANDE PÚBLICO CATIVO.
May 4, 2017
With simply amazing special effects, memorable characters, excellent humor, highly recognizable dialogue and superb imagery, King Kong truly is an undisputed classic which has aged like fine wine and is phenomenally entertaining to this day. It is such a wonderful adventure which features quite a lot of unforgettable sequences, great action scenes and such a memorable ending leading to one of the best blockbusters of all time.
May 2, 2017
I always believe that every movie is product of its time.
And it clearly shows from how they handle and portray social issues on their movie.
And i think thats what makes it more fascinating to see.
The visual alone will give you some kind of religious experience that you will always adore from good classic movies.
Thus concluded, King Kong is not only a classic but also a important piece of history.
April 30, 2017
Una de las mejores películas fantásticas de la historia del cine. Una cinta que se inspiraba en las obras fantásticas y de aventuras predecesoras y que al mismo sentaría las bases del cine que estaba por venir, tanto a nivel conceptual como a nivel técnico.

Y menudo nivel técnico. Unos efectos especiales que aun aguantan a días de hoy, más de 80 años después, por ser tremendamente consecuentes en su época, al mismo tiempo que totalmente innovadores.

Una película que creó género y que inspiró a varias generaciones de creadores cinematográficos y que sigue haciéndolo a día de hoy.

Sin duda, la novena maravilla del mundo.
April 28, 2017
170426: A classic. I just wish I could've been there when this was released to the theatres in 1933. I wonder how it was received? What the people thought of the special effects, the action? Still fun to watch today, 84 years later.
April 27, 2017
The is a monster movie classic. It is a most see. See all the sequels and remakes. This is the best of the King Kong movie. And there are all great movies. This movie is very scary. It is a classic
½ April 26, 2017
Well another supposed masterpiece that i didn't really like! This is incredible on the technical level and really well done, but guys c'mon this is just a b movie from the 30's nothing more! The special effects are amazing & still look awesome but the acting is awfull & the storyline sort of so-so! t's not that entertaining & felt really boring to me! I so prefered the Peter Jackson version. I know the die hard fans would burn me for writing this but fuck it! i tell you like it is for me & me only, i don't pretend to be THE critic.
April 13, 2017
Greatest adventure film ever made.
½ April 2, 2017
It's the original, but honestly I think it holds up poorly today. I was underwhelmed and uninterested. I found it overrated, and much prefer the remakes from both 1976 and 2005. (First and only viewing - 5/19/2010)
½ April 1, 2017
Problematic movie made with xenophobic American ideals. The Indians in this film are depicted as blood thirsty savages but are only defending themselves from the colonialists United-Statiens. The image of the giant ape is still used as an allegory for brown and exotic people in a pure racialist display. The ''ape'' is only interested in a meek, white , blond haired woman that embodies Aryan ideals, not surprising considering the Nazism present in America in the 30's.
March 18, 2017
Enjoyable and groundbreaking, but it certainly hasn't aged well.
½ March 17, 2017
An epic spectacle even to this day, King Kong is a beautiful, violent tale that proves that more times than not the original is the best, even if the beast takes up the characters time.