King Kong - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

King Kong Reviews

September 11, 2017
A classic I every sense
September 10, 2017
This may probably be the "oldest" review I'll ever do with an 84-year gap between when the movie came out in theaters and when I reviewed it. This film was, at the time, groundbreaking for what it was. A monster movie that depicted the monster as a peaceful being who's only angered because of misunderstandings and his crush on someone rather than a monster who would kill anyone in its way with extreme prejudice. ACTUAL extreme prejudice. The special effects, like anything in the 20th century before the late '80s look fake but the fact that it's still black-and-white helps to mask the fake-looking effects meaning I understand the controversy behind the colourized '80s televised print. The action sequences and performances have a pleasantly retro feel when you look back on this movie. And Peter Jackson's remake upgrades the action sequences to a buttload of awesomeness. The 1933 King Kong is a then-groundbreaking movie that mixes stop-motion special effects with a mix of sci-fi, action and drama leading to this "beauty and the beast" tale to remain a true classic.
August 27, 2017
I Can't Believe The 2005 Version Of King Kong Did Scare Ms. Uramkin.
August 24, 2017
Definitely a big achievement in movie-making and a good watch to this day. Personally though I found the first half (before Kong's appearance, that is) to be the strongest one: tense, intriguing and with a charming turn by Fay Wray. As far as the second half goes, as much as I respect and appreciate the talent and effort involved, I had a hard time ignoring the fact that the visual effects don't really cut it that much anymore. The Empire State Building finale is pretty iconic though.
August 14, 2017
Love it from beginning to end .
July 27, 2017
The movie is filled with iconic and memorable scenes, a textured story, and great effects
July 21, 2017
Perhaps the most important film in Hollywood history. King Kong pioneered the art of visual effects; was the first movie with a cinematic score; pioneered the summer blockbuster; and even birthed Fantasy as a genre within film. The storytelling is tight, immaculate, and efficient. The themes explored of civilization versus mother nature; man's potential to corrupt even monstrous aberrations; the dynamic of beauty and the best; and the drive for success & greed at all costs have never been more powerfully explored. And of course, the brilliance of the immortal Willis O'Brien is a must see for anyone alive on Earth. Kong did something extraordinary; it proved that audiences view big screen movie monsters as three dimensional characters with souls themselves. This movie here is where modern day Hollywood was born!
½ June 27, 2017
The special effects are really good for its time and the movie had a lot of great stuff. This is still my most favourite King Kong movie.

8.8/10
June 13, 2017
Classic movie, this brightened up the world in the Great Depression, and it did a wonderful job, King Kong was not so out of this world like Godzilla. It was more thrilling and had you saying, what will happen next?!
May 26, 2017
As dated as some of the effects are, they still have an undeniable charm to them. The original "King Kong" is the ideal monster movie.
½ May 9, 2017
4.5/5. A fantastic monster movie. King Kong is a true classic that holds up remarkably well and boasts some incredible monster fight scenes.
½ May 5, 2017
One of the greatest classics in the history of film. A grand adventure tale that spans from Skull Island to New York City. I don't know much so far of other films around the same era, but this one looks to be one of the most intense and fearsome action films during it's time. With two remakes (not including Kong: Skull Island), this film still stands out as one of the greatest action flicks, and one of the greatest films in general, of all time.
May 4, 2017
OS ANOS PASSAM E ESSE FILME CONTINUA A TER UM GRANDE PÚBLICO CATIVO.
May 4, 2017
With simply amazing special effects, memorable characters, excellent humor, highly recognizable dialogue and superb imagery, King Kong truly is an undisputed classic which has aged like fine wine and is phenomenally entertaining to this day. It is such a wonderful adventure which features quite a lot of unforgettable sequences, great action scenes and such a memorable ending leading to one of the best blockbusters of all time.
May 2, 2017
I always believe that every movie is product of its time.
And it clearly shows from how they handle and portray social issues on their movie.
And i think thats what makes it more fascinating to see.
The visual alone will give you some kind of religious experience that you will always adore from good classic movies.
Thus concluded, King Kong is not only a classic but also a important piece of history.
April 30, 2017
Una de las mejores películas fantásticas de la historia del cine. Una cinta que se inspiraba en las obras fantásticas y de aventuras predecesoras y que al mismo sentaría las bases del cine que estaba por venir, tanto a nivel conceptual como a nivel técnico.

Y menudo nivel técnico. Unos efectos especiales que aun aguantan a días de hoy, más de 80 años después, por ser tremendamente consecuentes en su época, al mismo tiempo que totalmente innovadores.

Una película que creó género y que inspiró a varias generaciones de creadores cinematográficos y que sigue haciéndolo a día de hoy.

Sin duda, la novena maravilla del mundo.
April 28, 2017
170426: A classic. I just wish I could've been there when this was released to the theatres in 1933. I wonder how it was received? What the people thought of the special effects, the action? Still fun to watch today, 84 years later.
April 27, 2017
The is a monster movie classic. It is a most see. See all the sequels and remakes. This is the best of the King Kong movie. And there are all great movies. This movie is very scary. It is a classic
½ April 26, 2017
Well another supposed masterpiece that i didn't really like! This is incredible on the technical level and really well done, but guys c'mon this is just a b movie from the 30's nothing more! The special effects are amazing & still look awesome but the acting is awfull & the storyline sort of so-so! t's not that entertaining & felt really boring to me! I so prefered the Peter Jackson version. I know the die hard fans would burn me for writing this but fuck it! i tell you like it is for me & me only, i don't pretend to be THE critic.
April 13, 2017
Greatest adventure film ever made.