King of Kings Reviews

• Apr 02, 2021

If you want to nod off on an Easter weekend afternoon doing something passively religious and then wake up several hours later watching the poor guy being crucified, this is the one to watch. I did enjoy the scene of the Sermon on the Mount (Christianity in a nutshell) and Jeffrey (the Hippy) Hunter pulled it off well. Salome (Brigid Bazlon) came across as convincingly wicked through and through. I'm not sure about Robert Ryan's portrayal of John the Baptist. It was a bit rigid for my money. Ron Randell gave an interesting, conflicted portrayal of Lucius, pulled in two directions. There was some thoughtful work on how each of the characters are effected by their relationship with Jesus and how they start to question their lives, motives and other relationships. Trouble is, lots of us know the ending. It's not like: "Hmm, I wonder who shot JR?"

• Dec 25, 2020

One of the best portrayals of Christ ever

One of the best portrayals of Christ ever

• Jul 11, 2020

Jesús, rey entre reyes y gobernantes de la dominación romana, unos le llaman y proclaman rey de los judíos debido a su fama y sabiduría. Su reino no es de este mundo tal como dijo Jesús sino de los cielos y vino en testimonio para dar la verdad, curar a la gente con sus milagros y a salvar el mundo. Jesús es el hombre más importante de la historia de la biblia y de la nueva era, tiempos de Cristo y después de Cristo.

• Apr 21, 2019

King of Kings is a wonderful family movie to watch! We watch it every year!

King of Kings is a wonderful family movie to watch! We watch it every year!

• Kevin M. W Super Reviewer
    Apr 21, 2019

There might be some few individuals walking around unfamiliar with the story of Christianity's Messiah and so this film serves, in an entertaining way of course, to remedy that circumstance. Call it Introduction to Jesus 101. The familiar storyline is followed, true, but - because every story can be improved, yah? - some changes have been made to punch up the gist some, Hollywood-style. Jeffrey Hunter brings the desired look to the protagonist even if most dialogue is beyond his meager capabilities. For that reason, the unseen star of this production becomes Miklos Rozsa whose thundering majesty of a score is to the utmost and will remain what you best recall after viewing. Harry Guardino's Barabbas shines too.

• Feb 01, 2019

The best inspiring movie ever made! With the best movie score ever composed!

The best inspiring movie ever made! With the best movie score ever composed!

• May 26, 2018

A very Epic Powerful film. The Score from Rozsa is like no other.

A very Epic Powerful film. The Score from Rozsa is like no other.

• Mar 24, 2018

An absolute classic.

An absolute classic.

• Mar 22, 2018

...or 'Rebel with a Cause'. Nicholas Ray's sprawling life of Christ is the obvious template for Monty Python's later send-up. But despite numerous misjudgments and unintentional laughs there's still enough that's good - not least the performances of Robert Ryan, Frank Thring and yes, even Jeffrey Hunter - to sustain interest. Miklos Rozsa busts a gut with another of his huge scores.

• Mar 12, 2018