Poltergeist - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Poltergeist Reviews

November 28, 2016
Poltergeist is the one 80's film that stands out as unique and clever and is not afraid to reveal itself as horrifying
½ November 23, 2016
A genuine treat that overstays its welcome.
½ November 9, 2016
2.47 --- A classic 80's horror movie, but with less than stellar directing. The acting is pretty flat throughout. Story is extremely clunky. Writing is subpar. Overall a disappointing movie.
October 30, 2016
It was a lot better than I expected it would be. Not scary at all to me, but it was still visually interesting.
October 30, 2016
The special effects were amazing for the time.
½ October 30, 2016
Contains the Spielberg charm (since he totally directed it) and the little-seen Spielberg terror. Quite frightening in places even for an adult.
October 29, 2016
Scary, brilliantly filmed, boasting some good 1980's-esque special effects and having great performances from Craig T. Nelson and JoBeth Williams, Poltergeist not only remains a horror classic even to this day, but it's also an ideal film to recommend for someone when they're looking for a good horror film to watch.
½ October 26, 2016
TV people who have penetrated this plane and for some reason don't know they are dead?...That's called Carol Ann's lobotomy.
½ October 21, 2016
A fantastic ghost movie. It may be cheesy at times but, still manages to be great. Probably the best ghost movie ever made. Has a great soundtrack, I just couldn't believe that this was done by the guy who did "The Texas Chainsaw Massacare"." One bad thing in this movie is the cheesy use of animation. It was the 1980's I bet they could think of something better then that to use. Overall I Deffinetly recommended this movie.
October 16, 2016
A class of 80s horror, Poltergeist gives Goosebumps to all ages!
October 5, 2016
Yikes! I'm thankful that I don't live in a house that was built on an Indian burial ground!
½ October 2, 2016
Amazing directing great performances written perfectly some fun dialogue some amazing sequences creepy tone perfectly paced very intense ending was little unexpected
September 18, 2016
This is it only the best horror films even made, but also one of the best films full stop.
August 28, 2016
Good effects, not scary. Mom is hot
August 23, 2016
This movie is entertaining, terrifying and awesome, with skeleton props being real rotting corpses that were just lying around in the ground, a plot that has been shamelessly copied way too many times, and of course, no jumpscares, a trope many horror films these days believe is the be all end all of their movie, and also it was likely directed mostly by Steven Spielberg, something most of the cast back up.
August 18, 2016
A classic haunted house movie, one of the major ones to see. It's a good movie, with good acters and remarkable special effects, although I didn't find it as scary as others have said it to be. But still, it doesn't get much better when a film is directed by Tobe Hooper and written by Steven Spielberg. Recommended !!
½ August 13, 2016
love all the poltergeist movies.
August 10, 2016
Doesn't hold up 34 years later.
August 7, 2016
I bought the new edition of "Poltergeist" on DVD today and I feel this film is still as good today and it was in the 80's. The family is awesome. They did a perfect job casting the family. I also love Zelda Rubinstein's scene steeling scenes as Tangina. I read that Beatrice Straight was going to be in "Poltergist II," instead of Zelda, but I loved Zelda much better. I also love the "Poltergist" sequels. If this film is remade, I hope that Tobe Hooper is involved and they consider using Zelda Rubinstein as Tangina.