RoboCop - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

RoboCop Reviews

January 8, 2017
Paul Verhoeven's 1987 action masterpiece is a way weirder, funnier, more subversive film tahn you probably remember, with it's cartoonish tone, satirical futuristic tv clips, and often unbelievably gory, splatter-tastic ultra violence it's a million miles from the bland, pg-13 mainstream actioners of modern times, in fact it's truly hard to believe that a studio made this demented, vicious condemnation of the soulless corperate take-over of modern times and how it makes people into commodities. and a hilarious satire of the cynical fakery of the media. It's a gross, fucked up, brilliantly directed by a total lunatic who Hollywood would never employ today and really smart. "Id buy that for a dollar"!.
December 21, 2016
A smart political satire disguised as a comic book revenge movie that combines hilarious dark humor, ultraviolence and science fiction without tonal problems, and it is a wonder to see that, even though a product of its time, it is still thought-provoking and able to entertain today.
½ December 20, 2016
WHAT I LIKED: Surprisingly intelligent; Robocop's original idea isn't the only thing that makes it stand out from other gory 80s flicks. Yes, it also focuses on American ideals in an extremely interesting yet down-right hilarious way, making for a film that stands the test of time as a true commentary on the era. Of course, it could have easily failed as a film, but it's held together by the nuts and bolts that are some very well-directed character moments and a lot of properly engaging action to get your teeth into.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE: The odd bit of sloppy corporate writing and acting can bore, and (to put it lightly) this isn't a subtle film...
VERDICT: 'Robocop' is a surprisingly good and original film that stands the test of time for good reason. Shame about that reboot...
½ December 17, 2016
About as close to a perfect action movie as you can get, Robocop is Paul Verhoeven at his best.

The sweeping ultraviolence is somehow non-gratuitous, emphasising the desperate world in which the characters live, and justifying the plot in a way that no other film has dared attempt.

Peter Weller is perfectly cast as Alex Murphy/Robocop, showing nuance and superb physical acting ability, as he explores a man who must regain his humanity.
December 2, 2016
Great film. I really enjoyed this, and considering how old it is it's not out dated at all
November 17, 2016
Aside from the ED-209 being so technologically outdated to the point where it hurts your eyes, this movie still fucking rocks. This was one of the first R-Rated movies I remember from my youth.
November 10, 2016
Simply brilliant. One of the first movies I really loved. Dark, depressing, lots of great action.
October 18, 2016
I love the gore splits and the idea, awesome movie. Should have made a reboot, stupid hallywood.
October 8, 2016
It's OK, dated as you might expect, so hard to capture what 80s audiences felt as they watched it, but come on, how can this be considered a "MUST-SEE!" now? It's cheesy 80s pap.
September 11, 2016
if i have to explain why this movie is good(and far superior to the milennial remake),then it's not for you
September 5, 2016
My favorite movie. Ever.
September 1, 2016
I give this a 98/A+.
August 31, 2016
I'd buy that for a dollar!
August 26, 2016
Don't let the title decieve you - RoboCop delivers riveting and over-the-top action, impressive visuals, and most importantly, a thoroughly engaging story that successfully commentates upon American Culture. A must watch for any film aficionado, young or old.
½ August 20, 2016
"ROBOCP" may be a product of its time from the 80s, but that only adds to the film's tone that has all the elements necessary to make a complete story with its character, including social commentary that makes this film still relevant today.
August 12, 2016
A brilliant score,bloody violent,and,lots of F-bombs.Robocop is Awesometacular.
½ August 10, 2016
A gory and cheesy 80s movie and I absolutely dig it.
½ August 9, 2016
best movie rocks kurt wood smith rocks