RoboCop - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

RoboCop Reviews

September 9, 2017
Clarence Boddicker and Dick Jones working together is a great plot twist. Bob Morton gets killed by Boddicker in a great scene. Robocop stabs Boddicker in the neck and then Robocop shoots Dick Jones after he gets fired by the Old Man. Kurtwood Smith gave one of the best villain performances of all time. Great revenge movie.
½ September 9, 2017
Robocop is much more violent and bloody than necessary to prove its point but is still one of the best American police movies ever.
September 4, 2017
This is one of the best classic sci-fi film ever. Robocop is really one hell of a movie with lots of violence and gritty at the same time and you gotta love the character Murphy how is now robocop and I love that. You know Ghost in the shell has the same feeling like this film but in my mind robocop does it better. Well done Paul Verhoeven you made one awesome sci-fi action and I love and you know what "I buy this film for a dollar". Overall well done and what a classic.
August 29, 2017
This is a smart and action-packed movie, what else needs to be said?
August 27, 2017
Timeless classic "Thank you for your cooperation "
August 12, 2017
Good action packed classic starring who knows and they will probably never become famous. I love to compare terminator and RoboCop and their both good movies but terminator wins in the long run. Action was cool, the story is cool.
July 30, 2017
They don't make em like this anymore
July 17, 2017
A completely over the top, ultra violent satire of 1987 America masked in the shell of an intriguing science fiction action movie. This flick still holds up extremely well as Peter Weller's Alex Murphy is brutally murdered only to be resurrected as Robocop. It's so fun watching Murphy/Robocop getting revenge on all whom were responsible for his death as well as most of the misery in Detroit. Weller's talent shines through, as Robocop begins to remember his former life as Murphy and the tragedy sets in that he will never again be with his wife and son. It's a genre splicing treat that still tastes good, 30 years later.
July 17, 2017
"RoboCop" is an incredible movie.
I had watched it 30 times. I love the way that at the half ending, Alex Murphy quite remember. He now continues and final confrontation with Clarence Boddicker.
July 1, 2017
Robocop is a timeless tale with technology that ultimately makes you care about the characters and question what would happen if this was a real reality.
June 29, 2017
Um policial é baleado e entra em um projeto de policial robo, filme que na época era incrível e todo mundo gostou. Pode até ser ultrapassado para os dias atuais, mas o que vale é a época em que foi lançado!
June 25, 2017
"Robocop" is the key example of what an action movie should be. With a good scale of action, very basic and simple story, and an awesome title character, this is the movie that action fans will enjoy a lot.
June 10, 2017
Never seen it don't plan too
½ June 2, 2017
though provoking scifi about the fact that corporations are going to control, the world in the not to distant future and when that happens we will have no recall
May 12, 2017
É um filme muito bom, não é atoa que é meu filme favorito. Ele tem maquiagens incríveis, porém os efeitos especiais do EDGE-209 ficam meio datados hoje em dia, ao contrário de outros efeitos, por exemplo, o cara de acido. O filme é um ótimo filme de ação, e esse jornal que eu não me dediquei muito na análise é a principal fonte de critica do Robocop. O filme tem um final ótimo, que ao contrário do remake do Robocop, ele não mata por que tentou, ele matou porque ele foi demitido. O filme tem algumas coisas cômicas, como a papinha de bebe. O uso de violência excessiva ajuda, parecendo até um filme do Tarantino. Infelizmente, o Robocop 2 não foi tão bom quanto esse filme e nem vou falar do terceiro.
April 28, 2017
Great action film that has more depth than expected. The timeless quality is helped by the absurd brutality of the violence and the political satire that distinguishes itself from all the other pilot control action films. This is a filmmaker at the top of his game and after all these years the films score packs a wallop. Weller just had the presence and helped create what is essentially a classic sci fi action film. I just returned from a cinema screener and while some of the scenes are severely dated, the storyline has not. Much better on the big screen and helps you appreciate the impact of the storyline. This is one of my favorite movies and hopefully you'll view it on the big screen like I just did. 29/04/2017.
½ April 23, 2017
Well directed, clever commentary, and ultimately an action movie. A classic, and one that can still be enjoyed today.
April 17, 2017
Never gets old. One of my favorites. The social satire, with the ultraviolence and cool sci-fi story is just the perfect mix of fun. Plus all the great character actors and kick ass designs... I love this movie.
April 16, 2017
The original Robocop is a fun, brutal, well acted action movie tinged with dark humor and satire.
April 14, 2017
Intentionally funny and over-the-top. Verhoeven is essentially making a parable of dehumanization and the typical 80's shoot-em-up.