RoboCop - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

RoboCop Reviews

November 17, 2017
This is one of the best classic sci-fi film ever. Robocop is really one hell of a movie with lots of violence and gritty at the same time and you gotta love the character Murphy how is now robocop and I love that. You know Ghost in the shell has the same feeling like this film but in my mind robocop does it better. Well done Paul Verhoeven you made one awesome sci-fi action and I love and you know what "I buy this film for a dollar". Overall well done and what a classic.
½ November 16, 2017
RoboCop definitely is incredibly silly, campy and cheesy in a typical 80s fashion, but it is actually a surprisingly solid, even charming sci-fi action flick with solid characters, fun action and a particularly entertaining and at times even emotionally resonant story with a couple of memorable plot points and sequences.
½ November 13, 2017
After I reviewed Basic Instinct which is something that people will love or hate, RoboCop came into my head. When I first heard about RoboCop I actually thought about the videogame before the film. That intrigued me because I see it's made in the 80's. Until The Terminator have hit most fans claiming it to be one of the best film ever made, Paul Verhoeven making his film look iconic and brutal. Some of the violence are over-the-top and bloody! Most of the time when it gets bloody, it gets bloody and gets it really quick! Like the scene where Alex Murphy gets shot many times by Clarence Boddicker and his gang, it is gory! Now Alex Murphy is put to the hospital but he's dead and was resurrected and being created as RoboCop by Bob Morton. The creation of RoboCop infuriated Dick Jones. The ED-209 is made by stop-motion animation. The way you look at it, it looks exactly something you seen before in the older films. I enjoyed the shootouts from the film like in the drug factory where they sell cocaine and puts Boddicker to jail for charge of being a cop killer. The film is absolutely underrated it's possibly be one of Paul Verhoeven's best work, no matter what! It has memorable one-liners that everybody will say over and over again and it will phenomenon the fans who are a huge fan of the Terminator films.
October 29, 2017
An excellent film from its action and satire.
½ September 30, 2017
This is a well-done action/sci-fi film which impressed me quite a bit. It not only works as an entertaining film, but as a smart film complete with satire and a character arc. Some people criticized it for its violence, but I think the darker parts to the film are balanced out quite well by the satiric commercials which play throughout the film. The humor in them makes the violence easier to handle. The film also came with a few surprises/betrayals which both caught me off guard and got me more interested in the film's plot. The film also comes with a character arc as it shows Murphy become more human than cyborg by the end as he learns more about his past. When he's first created, he doesn't react when one of his former partners asks him for his name. However, after he experiences hallucinations/visions about his family, returns to his family home, and learns of his family's whereabouts, a human aspect starts to become apparent in him, specifically when he takes his mask off and reveals his human face during the film's final act. His arc is concluded when he says his name is Murphy during the final scene. Even though I rated this film 4.0/5, I can see it moving up to a 4.5/5 on re-watches. If you haven't seen this film yet, I highly recommend it.
½ September 28, 2017
One of the best action movies of all time, Robocop expertly blends ultra-violent action with a humorous, satirical take on American culture. Peter Weller will go down in history for his performance as Murphy/Robocop if he hasn't already. The script is top-notch, the action is fantastic, and there are almost too many quotable lines to count. Honestly, I just wish they would make a crossover of Robocop and Karl Urban's Dredd reboot.
September 23, 2017
Over-the-top done right! RoboCop is a violent, gory, and smart sci-fi action movie that still holds up thirty years later.
September 9, 2017
Clarence Boddicker and Dick Jones working together is a great plot twist. Bob Morton gets killed by Boddicker in a great scene. Robocop stabs Boddicker in the neck and then Robocop shoots Dick Jones after he gets fired by the Old Man. Kurtwood Smith gave one of the best villain performances of all time. Great revenge movie.
½ September 9, 2017
Robocop is much more violent and bloody than necessary to prove its point but is still one of the best American police movies ever.
August 29, 2017
This is a smart and action-packed movie, what else needs to be said?
August 27, 2017
Timeless classic "Thank you for your cooperation "
August 12, 2017
Good action packed classic starring who knows and they will probably never become famous. I love to compare terminator and RoboCop and their both good movies but terminator wins in the long run. Action was cool, the story is cool.
July 30, 2017
They don't make em like this anymore
July 17, 2017
A completely over the top, ultra violent satire of 1987 America masked in the shell of an intriguing science fiction action movie. This flick still holds up extremely well as Peter Weller's Alex Murphy is brutally murdered only to be resurrected as Robocop. It's so fun watching Murphy/Robocop getting revenge on all whom were responsible for his death as well as most of the misery in Detroit. Weller's talent shines through, as Robocop begins to remember his former life as Murphy and the tragedy sets in that he will never again be with his wife and son. It's a genre splicing treat that still tastes good, 30 years later.
July 17, 2017
"RoboCop" is an incredible movie.
I had watched it 30 times. I love the way that at the half ending, Alex Murphy quite remember. He now continues and final confrontation with Clarence Boddicker.
July 1, 2017
Robocop is a timeless tale with technology that ultimately makes you care about the characters and question what would happen if this was a real reality.
June 29, 2017
Um policial é baleado e entra em um projeto de policial robo, filme que na época era incrível e todo mundo gostou. Pode até ser ultrapassado para os dias atuais, mas o que vale é a época em que foi lançado!
June 25, 2017
"Robocop" is the key example of what an action movie should be. With a good scale of action, very basic and simple story, and an awesome title character, this is the movie that action fans will enjoy a lot.
June 10, 2017
Never seen it don't plan too
½ June 2, 2017
though provoking scifi about the fact that corporations are going to control, the world in the not to distant future and when that happens we will have no recall