JFK - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

JFK Reviews

July 18, 2017
Whether it is completely accurate or liberates itself from the facts, this film is very entertaining, expertly put together and has the rare ability of a 3-hour movie to not seem like a 3-hour movie; Oldman and Lee Jones are highlights.
July 17, 2017
This was a big one to finally cross off the To-Watch Pile, as I'm sure the running time at the very least had kept me at arms' distance, since it requires something of a commitment on the part of the viewer who might not always have a casual THREE HOURS to invest in a film.

Good stuff and well worth the wait.
July 13, 2017
The dialogue is a bit laughable a times with how valiant Costner's Jim Garrison is, but JFK remains a brilliant exercise in tension and the power of film to influence public perception.
July 13, 2017
Were the 1990s the only decade that would have allowed the release of JFK - a movie that condemns the United States government for complicit or explicit involvement in the president's assassination? Probably, because ever since the 2000 era we've had more darkness, less questioning, more glorification of the government. JFK was a remarkable exercise in free speech and Stone no doubt benefited from his clout earned from previous movies to make such a statement.
June 19, 2017
Vital moviemaking. Essential viewing.
½ April 30, 2017
Movie about a state prosecutor from Louisiana who sues a man claiming he was the one who was responsible for JFK's assassination. I think. I'm not really sure because the movie is frustrating to watch its so convoluted. It does have certain parts that are entertaining. But most of it is terrible.
March 19, 2017
A long, but great movie which shines some truth about who really killed Kennedy and why.
March 14, 2017
1957 Was 34 Years Old In 1991 And 1922 Was 69 Years Old In 1991 As Well.
March 6, 2017
Somehow, Stone is able to braid the film's many yarns into a coherent story. That, unto itself, is a remarkable achievement.
February 27, 2017
At a runtime of 3 1/2 hours, you better have made a damn good film. And this isn't. It's boring bullshit.
February 24, 2017
Independente de ser verdade ou ficção, apenas enquanto thriller JFK é um filme excepcional.
February 21, 2017
Grade - B
'JFK' is fantastic filmmaking from Oliver Stone, who creates a fully realised account of the conspiracy surrounding the murder of John F. Kennedy in 1963. Whilst the film is thought-provoking and well made, its slow beginning and ridiculous run time hinder it slightly.
½ February 16, 2017
Though it is historically inaccurate, JFK's plot remains one of the most greatly written. Costner is great so is the overall cast.

4.5/5
January 13, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 27, 2016
A film with no flaws and presenting one of the most all-star-studded casts in cinematic history. So, why rate it so low? It's just way, way, way too darn long. The details are immaculate, but so descriptively drawn out that it takes so much away from the movie. The two prime examples: when Kevin Costner presents his case to the jury at the end, and the second, when Donald Sutherland talks candidly to Costner in the park. The first, okay, he's a lawyer, you can expect that. But the second case? Sutherland appears to be boasting about his acting chops for memorizing such an intricately detailed script, and comes off as incredibly phony. The cast, again, incredible. The story intriguing. Even the flashbacks, with such vivid imagery, were amazing. But again, I found myself watching it in chunks over several days, and I just can't rate it higher as a result. Sorry, but valiant effort.
December 24, 2016
Having read two dozen books about the JFK assassination, and after hiring a team of researchers to further investigate, Oliver Stone seemed deeply devoted to finding his own answers. That answer is presented to us in his 1991 film JFK. Kevin Costner does a damn good job of playing Jim Garrison, the detective who reopened the case a few years later. Stone and company provide a thoroughly compelling case, claiming that there were others involved other than Lee Harvey Oswald. Clocking in at over 3 hours, JFK is very long, and my patience oftentimes runs thin for investigative films/shows. Luckily, it pays off in the end with an incredible courtroom scene where Garrison presents his case to a jury. Stone has convinced me with relentless amounts of evidence that the legal declaration stating that Oswald acted alone in the killing of JFK had to be a farce, to some degree.
½ December 17, 2016
Thought provoking film from director Oliver Stone about the investigations of New Orleans District Attorney Jim Garrison (Kevin Costner) into the assassination of US President John Fitzgerald Kennedy in November 1963.
The screenplay of the film is primarily based on two books Crossfire: The Plot That Killed Kennedy and Garrisons own book On The Trail Of The Assassins.
The film is three hours in length and questions the official version of events concluded by the Warren Commission report that a lone gunman Lee Harvey Oswald shot Kennedy.
Indeed supporters of Cuban dictator Fidel Castro, the US secret services and US arms industry might all have had some role?
A heavyweight cast includes Costner, Tommy Lee Jones and Joe Pesci (sporting awful wigs), Donald Sutherland, Sissy Spacek (Carrie), Kevin Bacon and more! Oh Walter Matthau and Gary Oldman (Oswald).
I suppose questions the movie asks may be answered in 2038 when 'secret' documents are released to the National Archives in the US?
Excellent if time zapping film. It feels like Costner geeing up the weary merry men in Robin Hood and flagging viewer alike in his courtroom monologue at the end!
December 9, 2016