JFK - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

JFK Reviews

½ April 14, 2017
Movie about a state prosecutor from Louisiana who sues the federal government claiming he found the man who was responsible for JFK's assassination. I think. I'm not really sure because the movie is frustrating to watch its so convoluted. It does have certain parts that are entertaining. But most of it is terrible.
March 19, 2017
A long, but great movie which shines some truth about who really killed Kennedy and why.
March 14, 2017
1957 Was 34 Years Old In 1991 And 1922 Was 69 Years Old In 1991 As Well.
March 6, 2017
Somehow, Stone is able to braid the film's many yarns into a coherent story. That, unto itself, is a remarkable achievement.
February 27, 2017
At a runtime of 3 1/2 hours, you better have made a damn good film. And this isn't. It's boring bullshit.
February 24, 2017
Independente de ser verdade ou ficção, apenas enquanto thriller JFK é um filme excepcional.
February 21, 2017
Grade - B
'JFK' is fantastic filmmaking from Oliver Stone, who creates a fully realised account of the conspiracy surrounding the murder of John F. Kennedy in 1963. Whilst the film is thought-provoking and well made, its slow beginning and ridiculous run time hinder it slightly.
½ February 16, 2017
Though it is historically inaccurate, JFK's plot remains one of the most greatly written. Costner is great so is the overall cast.

4.5/5
January 13, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 27, 2016
A film with no flaws and presenting one of the most all-star-studded casts in cinematic history. So, why rate it so low? It's just way, way, way too darn long. The details are immaculate, but so descriptively drawn out that it takes so much away from the movie. The two prime examples: when Kevin Costner presents his case to the jury at the end, and the second, when Donald Sutherland talks candidly to Costner in the park. The first, okay, he's a lawyer, you can expect that. But the second case? Sutherland appears to be boasting about his acting chops for memorizing such an intricately detailed script, and comes off as incredibly phony. The cast, again, incredible. The story intriguing. Even the flashbacks, with such vivid imagery, were amazing. But again, I found myself watching it in chunks over several days, and I just can't rate it higher as a result. Sorry, but valiant effort.
December 24, 2016
Having read two dozen books about the JFK assassination, and after hiring a team of researchers to further investigate, Oliver Stone seemed deeply devoted to finding his own answers. That answer is presented to us in his 1991 film JFK. Kevin Costner does a damn good job of playing Jim Garrison, the detective who reopened the case a few years later. Stone and company provide a thoroughly compelling case, claiming that there were others involved other than Lee Harvey Oswald. Clocking in at over 3 hours, JFK is very long, and my patience oftentimes runs thin for investigative films/shows. Luckily, it pays off in the end with an incredible courtroom scene where Garrison presents his case to a jury. Stone has convinced me with relentless amounts of evidence that the legal declaration stating that Oswald acted alone in the killing of JFK had to be a farce, to some degree.
½ December 17, 2016
Thought provoking film from director Oliver Stone about the investigations of New Orleans District Attorney Jim Garrison (Kevin Costner) into the assassination of US President John Fitzgerald Kennedy in November 1963.
The screenplay of the film is primarily based on two books Crossfire: The Plot That Killed Kennedy and Garrisons own book On The Trail Of The Assassins.
The film is three hours in length and questions the official version of events concluded by the Warren Commission report that a lone gunman Lee Harvey Oswald shot Kennedy.
Indeed supporters of Cuban dictator Fidel Castro, the US secret services and US arms industry might all have had some role?
A heavyweight cast includes Costner, Tommy Lee Jones and Joe Pesci (sporting awful wigs), Donald Sutherland, Sissy Spacek (Carrie), Kevin Bacon and more! Oh Walter Matthau and Gary Oldman (Oswald).
I suppose questions the movie asks may be answered in 2038 when 'secret' documents are released to the National Archives in the US?
Excellent if time zapping film. It feels like Costner geeing up the weary merry men in Robin Hood and flagging viewer alike in his courtroom monologue at the end!
December 9, 2016
Absolute masterpiece
December 3, 2016
Classic. On Blu-ray.
November 21, 2016
JFK is an extraordinary film that delivers many great performances, lots of informative dialogue, and makes us think about JFK and how it happened. Director Oliver Stone has proven that he can show what would happen and how it would affect the American people.
October 29, 2016
Oliver Stone paints a film about conspiracy with a tense coating.
October 23, 2016
Amazing film! Although, as this movie started off, I didn't think it would be that amazing. The first thing that stood out to me was Kevin Costner's accent. I was thinking, "Oh no! Do I have to listen to this for 3 hours?" The answer was yes, but he quickly sold me. I think his acting got better as the film went on. That's one thing this film has, it's an amazing cast. Joe Pesci, Tommy Lee Jones, Gay Oldman, John Candy, Kevin Bacon, Donald Sutherland, Wayne Knight, Sissy Spacek and so on. This film is extremely well acted. Now just because a film has good acting, doesn't mean that it will be entertaining. I will admit, this is a very long movie and it starts off pretty slow. As Kevin Costner's Jim Garrison begins the case on the assassination of JFK, his leads are pretty minimal. It doesn't seem like his case is building that much as most of the evidence is shrouded in secrecy. Luckily, the intrigue is so strong that you have to keep watching. Throughout the film, more and more clues start to come Jim Garrison's way and by the end of the film, it is just an amazing scene to see. In most films over three hours long, in my opinion, if it doesn't have a stellar climax, then I am very upset that I watched a film for three hours for an ending that wasn't satisfying. Oh my goodness, the climax of this movie is perfect! You really sit there in your seat thinking, "This is outrageous! How can the FBI allow such a thing?!" I don't think it is a spoiler to say the JFK was killed and there is a talk of a government conspiracy. Speaking of which, I gave this film a perfect score because I love films about United States politicians and love conspiracy theories. I believe that you need to be a bit of both to get the best out of this movie. If you are a person who couldn't care less about United States politics and think all conspiracy theorists are nutjobs, then yeah I'd say that this film would be too complex or uninteresting for you. If you do care about those, this is a perfect movie! An absolute must watch!
October 23, 2016
I f****** love John Candy in this film. That's all I have to say.

Okay, so apart from that, JFK is a well written, edited, and crafted film from one of the world's greatest living directors, Oliver Stone.
October 19, 2016
one of my favorite movies