Beethoven - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Beethoven Reviews

August 29, 2016
Excellent cheesy nonsense that I caught on a random bank holiday Monday morning. Standard 90s family comedy, great fun.
½ July 20, 2016
One of those very popular 90's kids comedies which I was just too old to go and see at the time. It's a nice film but hasn't aged well. I guess if you are used to living with an annoying animal then this might be more your type of thing than mine.
July 19, 2016
Another one of my childhood favorites.
½ May 9, 2016
The movie is able to delve further than "look at how big this dog is" and actually makes an attempt to make a cleverly written, well thought out movie.
March 14, 2016
I really like this movie!!
February 19, 2016
Good family movie. My kids really enjoyed it!
November 30, 2015
I love dogs as this movie
September 28, 2015
Complete and utter cheese, but Beethoven is actually entertaining enough that adults can sit through it while their kids enjoy it.
September 2, 2015
This is the most surreal biopic I've ever seen. I mean, Amadeus took liberties with Mozart's character and played fast and loose with historical fact; but making one of the greatest composers in history a dog? Kinda weird.
September 2, 2015
I know it's not really that good, but I actually liked this one.
August 1, 2015
A lovely heart-warming family film about a 175 pound St Bernard. It really brings great love and laughs. Charles Grodin plays a fantastic role. I understand why the reviews are mixed but I expected this film to get a higher Tomatometer at least 60% maybe. It wasn't a great film but kids will love it and it is watchable.
July 29, 2015
Very Good Movie a Good Classic I Love Dogs A Lot
July 15, 2015
I love dogs and I certainly adore the dog Beethoven, but this sucks overall
May 16, 2015
funny and adorable great movie for it's time but definitely one that can get kind of stale if watched too much
½ April 27, 2015
It is "okay". Nothing too exciting to see here. I did think it was cool at the time when I was a kid where they were playing Super Mario Bros. 3 in one of the scenes (obviously a plug for Nintendo to promote it's hottest game). The second one, which amazingly featured the same cast, was just as lackluster, but they aren't the WORST movies out there.
½ April 7, 2015
Do you like cute and dopey....if so you might,MIGHT like this.
December 31, 2014
Beethoven is a very brave St. Bernard!
December 31, 2014
Another dog movie, ahhh. Hollywood stop making dog movies stopp!!
½ November 12, 2014
Beethoven doesn't talk. 3 and 1/2 stars. 75% nostalgia but I legitimately don't think this is bad as everyone made it out to be.
October 25, 2014