Unforgiven - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Unforgiven Reviews

March 12, 2017
Unforgiven is not your tipycal, lovey-dovey, good guy, western. Director/Actor Clint Eastwood reinvents the western genre into a much more merciless and ugly type of flick. And that's why this movie is so great, along with a great trio of actors that play memorable and likeable characters that we really get attached to, and good cinematograhy that sets the mood for westerns, this movie will always be remembered as a cool classic western. Recommended !!
March 6, 2017
Eastwood's best movie and my favorite Western.
½ March 2, 2017
Unforgiven is dark and uncompromising, showing the effects of violence on those who perpetrate it.
½ February 28, 2017
Clint Eastwood delivers yet another memorable western.
February 23, 2017
you can't make a movie more perfect than this.
February 5, 2017
Amazing movie. Great cast with a nuanced story.
February 4, 2017
Quite simply one of the greatest Westerns ever made. Clint Eastwood is as iconic as ever, and the supporting cast, notably Martin Freeman and Gene Hackman, are superb. I first saw it when I was in my teens, and I loved it then, and I still love it now. It's a slow burner but nothing is wasted in developing the characters and story. It's high time Warner Bros got off their horses and gave this classic a full Blu-Ray remaster in the audio and video department, and this time don't forget to give 'Unforgiven' a lossless audio encode! 5/5*
January 31, 2017
Unforgiven (1992) C-131m. ???? D: Clint Eastwood. Clint Eastwood, Gene Hackman, Morgan Freeman, Richard Harris, Jaimz Woolvett, Saul Rubinek. Determined to stay away from violence, a one-time mad killer agrees to take on another job for his family. Intelligent, sumptuous western with remarkable sensibilities, merits, and a spellbinding finale; outstanding cinematography by Jack N. Green, beautifully acted from top to bottom. Oscar-winner for Best Picture, Director, Editing, and Supporting Actor for Hackman's riveting performance.
December 31, 2016
Slower than I remember, but still quite good. This was the first Western I ever enjoyed, as it's not a genre I've ever cared about.
½ December 29, 2016
Great film, if you're into that sort of thing. (I'm not.) Frances Fisher shines.
½ December 25, 2016
Eastwood deconstructs the Western myths with this dark and realistic film devoid of any of that romanticism of the Wild West, and so it is a glorious farewell for the genre with a melancholy score, an epic cinematography and a lot of tension that builds towards a brutal, fantastic ending.
½ December 22, 2016
Its not the flashiest western ever made, but the sheer brilliance in Unforgiven's writing, direction, and cinematography well make up for it.
½ December 10, 2016
Acting was not very good, slow
½ December 9, 2016
The Western typically glamorises the gun as the period in every sentence, the end of psychology, of philosophy. This film takes a brief overview of some of it's many adherents: the kid, the braggart, the bully and the psycho, in an interesting plotline that draws them all together. Good filmmaking.
December 8, 2016
omg i am not a big fan of westerns...but some of them are just epic..and this is one of them!
November 26, 2016
Rating: 9.0 out of 10.
November 24, 2016
10 out of 10:

Well directed and acted and an true look at violence in the Wild West is what makes Unforgiven, well unforgettable.
½ November 22, 2016
David Webb Peoples wrote one hell of a screenplay and it helps that it's angry, sad, anti-western narrative falls right in line with Eastwood's best instincts as a director and actor.
½ November 18, 2016
4,5/5 Ratings for Unforgiven
F:95%
R:5%
As both director and star, Clint Eastwood strips away decades of Hollywood varnish applied to the Wild West, and emerges with a series of harshly eloquent statements about the nature of violence.
½ November 7, 2016
I don't know how the wild west was and frankly I don't care. I will dream the people were as compassionate as the characters Clint Eastwood and Morgan Freeman play in "Unforgiven." Arguably the best western ever, the look into the souls of each character relays us to the central issue. As piercing now as it was twenty five years ago, it will continue to be a piece of Americana. Eastwood and many others at their very best. 9.3 of 10