Nowhere to Run - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Nowhere to Run Reviews

June 19, 2016
Vqn Damme stars as an escaped convict who befriends a single mother and protects her from greedy land developers who turn violent to get what they want. It's the typical 90s action flick with Van Damme saving the day.
January 13, 2016
One of my favorite movies
September 11, 2014
I was excited to see this movie after it was recommended to me and I was mostly pleased with it. It was a good little action/romance movie.
½ August 11, 2014
This one was more of a drama instead of an action film. Not nearly as much action as most Van Damme films. The plot is fairly simple, but the thing that gets me is that the movie really doesn't make much sense. Is it better than Double Team? Absolutely, but thats not saying much. JCVD has a solid supporting cast, but not much is done with them. Nowhere To Run gets 2 1\2 out of 5 stars on the Damme Meter because the movie was actually boring in some parts. I don't think this is Van Damme's worst film, but it definitely needed to be more upbeat.
August 4, 2014
The plot you'll remember: Escaped convict peeping-tom (Van Damme) breaks into single mum's (Arquette) home to steal salt - he already has a suit, tent, some steaks and a lads mag - which his recently deceased and overly thoughtful (possibly psychic) brother packed for him. Culkin and Van Damme chatting about liking boobs "sometimes" in his peado-tent in the woods. Van Damme showing his penis to the two children, and then the kids telling their mum over breakfast "Sam has a big cock!" and how she laughed. Also, Buffalo Bill's in this, a mildly-rapey cop comes good in the end, and a cow gets shot by pissed-off estate-agents.
½ July 30, 2014
Really liked this film
½ July 7, 2014
I believe this is referred to as one of Van Damns' better films of the mid 1990's & that isn't saying much.

It's a popcorn film that's easy to watch but the acting & script are quite ordinary I can assure you.

The story of a escaped criminal laying low in a property where a single mum is raising kids on her own & he comes to be the protector. Very predictable & very cliche.
May 5, 2014
la que siempre pasa el canal 10 uruguayo desde hace 20 años, sin falta cada semestre
April 28, 2014
Directed by Robert Harmon (The Hitcher (1986)), and written by Joe Eszterhas, this action drama had been around since the 1980's, and Eszterhas had planned this one with Return of the Jedi director Richard Marquand. When Marquand died, it was shelved, but Eszterhas revived it after the success of Basic Instinct (1992), and it gives it's lead actor to do some "serious acting". French-Canadian bank robber Sam Gillen (Jean-Claude Van Damme) was convicted for a murder he didn't do, and he manages to escape from Federal custody. After a short while, he sets up camp on a piece of farmland owned by Clydie Anderson (Rosanna Arquette), a single mother who lives with her two children Mike (Kieran Culkin) and Bree (Tiffany Taubman). The kids meet Sam first, but Clydie has been threatened by local property developer Franklin Hale (Joss Ackland), who wants to buy her land, and has even sent heavies round into forcing her to sell her land, but with Sam around, he'll put up a fight to keep them away. This was ever-so-partially inspired by Straw Dogs (1971), but Van Damme manages to put in a good performance, as silly as most of it is. It's mostly drama, with the bulk of the action reserved for the film's third act, where Van Damme does what he does best, kicking ass and keeping the bad guys away.
November 30, 2013
A departure from what we're used to seeing from a Jean-Claude Van Damme vehicle, though this still provides enough action to keep fans happy. Van Damme proves here that he's capable of stretching himself and Rosanna Arquette gives the film added clout, but the screenplay consists of too many trusted genré conventions to really make this anything special. Overall, this is pretty good but it should've been great.
October 21, 2013
Nowhere to Run is a disappointing film. It is about an escaped convict Sam Gillen who single handedly takes on ruthless developers determined to evict Clydie - a widow with two young children. Jean-Claude Van Damme and Rosanna Arquette give awful performances. The screenplay is badly written. Robert Harmon did a terrible job directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.
October 12, 2013
Pretty lame, an old used plot line, terrible action scenes and acting not convinced by. I like Van Damme and he's probably the best thing in this movie and you can just about get to the end but was it worth it? No.
June 2, 2013

Development hell, I don't see a large company owner going with his cronies to kill a family, that's why you have disposable henchmen, to keep the crime as far away from you as possible. Ted Levine makes a good villian.
½ March 12, 2013
I would argue that this was the best performance by Van Damme, and the movie actually works well overall (but that might just be my inner childhood talking).
December 7, 2012
Want to see at some point in the future! A treat !
½ September 24, 2012
Jean-Claude Van Damme in his usual role as the drifter in an action adventure that hilariously resembles Sergio Leone's 'Once Upon a Time in the West'.
September 24, 2012
Another great renegade style movie. Gotta love movies when the main character is on the run and kicks ass in the process!
September 2, 2012
Ol school movie I still have on LASERDISC Don't judge me lol
August 10, 2012
From the director of "The Hitcher" and multiple writers who's credits include "Showgirls", "Hell Night" and "A Nightmare on Elm Street: The Dream Child" comes JCVD's attempt at making a thoughtful action film, but it's really just a slow action film with an okay cast of actors surrounding JCVD. Mark Isham does a good score though.
June 29, 2012
Friday, June 29, 2012

(2003) Nowhere To Run

Jean Claude Van Dam stars as escaped convict taking the rap for someone's else's murder blah blah blah which is an excuse to showcase the action scenes and perhaps Van Dammes acting range, and as an action fan only "one" realistic memorable chase sequence reagarding a realistic motorcyle chase(obviously ridden by somebody else) which overshadows whatever else shown on here or most action movies Van Damme has ever done. Movie also stars Rosanna Arquette as the single mother imposing her problems on the Van Damme character.

3 out of 4