The Fast and the Furious Reviews

• Oct 02, 2015

It's by no means even a very involving film, but it does have decent effects, camera-work and music. It also showcases retro cars along with other things that are different from that time. It's screenplay even gives somewhat of an understanding to where the parts in The Fast and the Furious (2001) came from. However, the rest of writing has shifty character motives and some unimpressive acting. At least it's only an hour or so long; it'll go by quick. For my full review of The Fast and the Furious (1955), check it out on this IMDB link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046969/reviews-30

• Mar 22, 2015

good actioner and no relation to the current F & F franchise.

good actioner and no relation to the current F & F franchise.

• Kevin M. W Super Reviewer
    Aug 31, 2014

Back in the mid-1950's, before anyone could guess that there'd be any kind of a market for films about driving fast Roger Corman and John Ireland produced this quickly assembled thrill ride about an escaped con and his hostage on the run ... in a smooth Jaguar XK120 (0 - 60 in 10.0 as tested, top speed of 126 mph, the fastest production car of its time). Dorothy Malone and Ireland are a good team and although the cars are old the action isn't. And many years later they would decide to bring back the old idea. ..

• Jul 11, 2014

"I guess I should be thankful you haven't killed me yet." "Don't tempt me. A wrongly imprisoned man breaks out of jail and heads for freedom. To execute this master plan he kidnaps a girl and steals her car. This isn't the easiest way to avoid the authorities and they're quickly on his tale. The prisoner will try to convince the girl to get off his case while he heads towards salvation. "I said I was sorry." "You're about the sorriest creature I've ever seen." John Ireland, director of Hannah Lee: An American Primitive, delivers The Fast and the Furious. The storyline for this picture is above average and worth a viewing. I wouldn't say this is a classic or anywhere in the conversation with Faster Pussy Cat, Kill Kill! The action scenes were okay and the film relied heavily on dialogue. The cast delivers fairly average performances and includes John Ireland and Dorothy Malone. "It's good for your figure." "There's nothing wrong with my figure." "I've noticed." I came across this on Netflix and had to give it a viewing based on the title alone as well as due to my love affair with the grindhouse genre. Overall, this movie is just okay and far from a grindhouse classic, but the film is still worth watching unfold. I wouldn't go too out of my way to see this but I'd give it a viewing if you come across it.. "You can't prove your innocence running away." "I can't prove it dead." Grade: B-

• Apr 24, 2014

another supermarket DVD 2.99 DVD combo pack purchase

another supermarket DVD 2.99 DVD combo pack purchase

• Jul 01, 2013

Crap, crap, crap. What old b&w's lack in today's great effects and cinematography, they make up in superb dialogs, and story-line. Not this one, though. Crap summarizes it all.

• Feb 02, 2013

The Fast and The Furious stars John Ireland as Frank webster, a man convicted of murder but claims to be innocent. After Webster breaks out of jail he takes a young woman named Connie Adair (Dorothy Malone) as his hostage. Malone and Webster enter into a race across the Mexican border. The police are on his trail and Frank's only option to clear his name is to make it across the border before the cops close in on him. The film is not to be confused with this 2001 film "The Fast and The Furious" starring Vin Diseal. This 1955 film is a drive-in favorite. Anybody who thinks of them selves as old sports car enthusiasts should check "The Fast and The Furious" out for the spectacular cars in the movie. One of the best aspects is the subtle mistakes made like repeated and reversed clips through the movie. This 1950's race movie is a great example of low budget projects that provide high production value. The Fast and The Furious was produced by cult legend Roger Corman. The aforementioned film is one of Roger Corman's first films as a producer and I have heard that he had shot "The Fast and Furious" in less then three days. Roger Corman is famous for being writter, director, and producer of the 1960 version of "Little Shop Of Horrors". The Fast and Furious is a fun filled drive-in movie that suprisly entertains the fans. The discs approximate running time for this is only 73 minutes. www.cultcollectors.moonfruit.com

• Jan 20, 2013

After 60 years ths film still doesn't miss a beat. Exciting, thrilling, and Furious

• Nov 24, 2012

The only fast and furious I like and I'm pretty sure there is no race car gay sex scenes so this is why I like this fast and furious

• Feb 21, 2012

I'm still trying to find the logic of how hair can still look good in a speeding car with the top down.