A Christmas Carol Reviews

• Jan 21, 2021

Simply the best version of this Dickensian classic, George C Scott immerses himself in this role as do the list of famous faces of the supporting cast. A must watch every Christmas.

• Dec 24, 2020

George Scott was awesome as Scrooge! He is my favorite actor to play Scrooge! I have a lot of nostalgia for this movie because I watched it a lot as a kid during Christmas! I love this movie, but it still has a few problems. One example would be Jacob Marley's design and portrayal. He looked more like a southern hunter rather than a rich businessman in the 1800's. And the actor did not play him very well in my opinion. Other than that, this movie is amazing! Go watch!

• Dec 15, 2020

Flabbergasted that the critics haven't weighed on this version which should be in their top 10 Christmas list and yet they have the 1951 version at #30 which isn't nearly as well performed.

• Dec 05, 2020

A Christmas Carol is a 1984 British-American made-for-television film adaptation of Charles Dickens' famous 1843 novella of the same name. The film is directed by Clive Donner πŸŽ„ A quality, faithful adaptation featuring fine performances and attractive settings. Awesome! πŸ˜€ I'd totally recommend it πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ One of my favourite movies of the year ⭐️ A NEW POWERFUL PRESENTATION OF THE MOST LOVED GHOST STORY OF ALL TIME!

• Jan 14, 2020

Serious minded, convincing, moving and powerful adaptation of the Charles Dickens classic, with splendid production values. George C. Scott as Ebenezer Scrooge is outstanding.

• Dec 23, 2019

This has been my favorite version of A Christmas Carol since it first aired back in 1984. I was in college at the time and would look for it when repeated during the following holiday seasons. I have owned it for many years, and it is a tradition in my.home to watch it every Christmas Eve. I look forward to doing so again in a couple of days.

• Dec 20, 2019

This is my goto Christmas Carol. To me, George C. Scott is Ebeneezer Scrooge. His understated and humane performance of the redeemable miser will stay with the viewer long after the movie has ended.

• Dec 08, 2019

the best of the best

the best of the best

• Dec 06, 2019

This is a very faithful adaptation of Charles Dickens' classic story of redemption. George C. Scott IS Ebenizer Scrooge, the actor that definitively embodies the spirit of Scrooge. The production is thoughtful, the tone is dark and creepy, and still satisfies even after nearly 40 years. A Christmas Carol is a favorite of mine, and this version is my favorite.

• Sep 17, 2019

So FRESH! A Must See! (lol).George was made to play Scrooge. As many great parts he played, this one takes the cake. No One else even comes close. See it, again & again & again, at Christmas time or ANYTIME! Scott will mesmerize you, I promise (Even if you don't like this version, for whatever reason(s).