Braveheart - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Braveheart Reviews

September 20, 2017
Braveheart is a blood and guts epic brilliantly directed by Mel Gibson - the Aussie actor has since proven with not just this that his often pretentious attitude do not win him fans - this sometimes comes across in his direction but he remains a film-maker of significent impact and to his strengths it does not fail him here. The music by James Horner is particularly memorable...
September 13, 2017
Overblown and generically masculine, but at core I can see what all the hype is about.
August 25, 2017
Eric Cartman, Kenny McCormick, Kyle And Stan Saw This Movie At The Bijou Multiplex In South Park, CO Back On 5/25/95 At Nighttime.
August 23, 2017
one of my top 5 films but I am Scottish
August 12, 2017
Freedom!!!!!!!! Love this non-accurate movie!!!!!!
½ August 12, 2017
9.5 out of 10:

Despite the flaws, especially the historical inaccuracies, Braveheart still offers great directing, acting, and sets, along with gripping drama and action.
½ August 9, 2017
Braveheart, is still an epic war film with brilliant costumes and locations, very effective fighting scenes and a moving story between good and evil. Everyone in this film is a fine actor, albeit with no one really standing out. It has its faults, but is still a very good movie.
July 25, 2017
All time favorite movie.
½ July 24, 2017
What is it with Mel Gibson's insane passion for torture? I mean, Braveheart, Passion of the Christ, Apocalypto...
Anyway, it's an energetic, passionate script and performance by the whole acting crew, and while it may not be a masterpiece, its nearly 3 hours don't bother at all, even though in the end the scottish martyr seems more like an american fanatic. Good effort.
July 23, 2017
I love this movie!!! this is the best movie ever it was put together so good the character the story and the actors played there role so good Mel Gibson did a awesome job portraying his character it felt so real I love this movie overall this movie was the best ever
July 23, 2017
Best war movie ever.
June 28, 2017
This movie never really got me the way Gladiator did.
June 18, 2017
Braveheart is one of the best epic films ever made. This is without a doubt Mel Gibson's greatest achievement. The score by James Horner fits the movie perfectly ! With one word this movie is a masterpiece !
½ June 10, 2017
good but shit ending
June 9, 2017
While I recognize it's influence on modern film, I can't help but see Mel Gibson's Braveheart as a great story that's poorly told, with awful characters, bad dialogue that doesn't reflect what's happening on screen and a plot that starts too fast yet drags after the first hour.
½ June 6, 2017
The gold-standard for a medieval action film to live up to.
June 1, 2017
Altho not very historicly accurate Mel Gibson did make one heck of an entertaining movie.
May 21, 2017
Best movie of all time. Exiting, engaging, with beautiful picture.
May 14, 2017
FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM... every man dies, but not every man truly lives
May 3, 2017
What a true war movie about freedom!