Braveheart - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Braveheart Reviews

December 5, 2016
One of the best movies ever made. It won five Oscars for a reason. This movie blew me away from scene one. It is consistent throughout the whole movie. All the acts are as good. Every single scene feels necessary and builds one after another after another. Perfect pacing and storytelling. The characters are incredibly fleshed out. Mostly William Wallace but suprisingly the others as well. Amazing score. Acting on point. Compelling enthralling story with suspense and amazing visuals. A must watch. The emotion is real.
½ December 4, 2016
The search for freedom started by the feeling of revenge, the story of a man who could have everything he wanted, gold, land, titles or power, but he only wanted freedom, this is William Wallace, "Braveheart" has a very good script And complete with regard to history, although some characters are poorly developed, the plot is a true epic, its 3 hours may even tire in the first act of the movie, but then gears and not for more, with many twists and epic battles , Technically you do not have to talk about the film, costumes, cuts, performances, everything perfect, with a special highlight for combat photography that is hard, dark, it shows the violence of combat at the same time the hope that arises there, Another highlight is the soundtrack composed by Jamer Horner is extremely perfect for the climate of the film, it is impossible not to listen to the song and not remember the film, not to mention the great dialogues, and I want to emphasize here again the great battles. "Braveheart" is not perfect, has rhythm problems, and even development of some characters, not to mention his first act, and lack of completeness with the real history of William Wallace, but even so, "Valiant Heart" is A movie far, far above the average and deserves our respect.
December 3, 2016
Blurring the lines between fact and fiction, Mel Gibson stirs up a mythological tale of William Wallace that ties you to the beloved characters through the brutality and epic rebellion in the Scottish Revolution.
November 28, 2016
Although long it is nothing short from an amazing movie the action is amazing the story is amazing and there is no dull moments
November 28, 2016
the best movie of all time !!!
November 27, 2016
Classic! On Blu-ray.
November 8, 2016
One of my all-time favorites. It was the first violent rated-R film I've seen and it's still my benchmark for war movies. I understand it's not historically accurate. However, I find that it's unfair to judge it as such because it's more historical-fiction than anything. Therefore, I can easily get over the liberties it takes. This movie is why Mel Gibson is one of my favorite actors/directors. This film is one of the greats. Simply legendary.
November 5, 2016
I don't need to tell you how good this is.
October 26, 2016
Incredible work of art, one of the most violently beautiful films ever made.
October 5, 2016
One of the best movies ever made.
September 24, 2016
This film shows Gibson is not only an outstanding actor, but epic director too. Emotive action.
September 19, 2016
Braveheart takes a long time to get rolling. I think a lot of the setup is necessary because it shows how William Wallace was turned into the man he would become later in the film, but I did feel there were moments that could have been shortened. However, once we have the real inciting incident and Wallace first expresses his rage, I was totally sold on this movie. The battle sequences are brilliantly shot, and look surprisingly authentic. I loved seeing how they would formulate plans that could defy the odds, they kept surprising me, and I found myself cheering more than once. The cast in the movie was brilliant, but the one who stood out the most to me was Angus Macfadyen as Robert the Bruce. His commitment to the performance was second-to-none, and I almost teared up when he realizes the horror of what he had done. The movie is an emotional roller coaster, and thrilling right up until the end. I loved how they included a fair amount of blood to keep it realistic, but also knew when/how to restrict it in order to avoid excessive gore. It was fascinating how they set up scenes (particularly the final scene) in a way that allowed your imagination to run wild despite the fact that they showed you so little. I had a few story problems that I thought weren't set up and explained properly, but otherwise Braveheart was very well-made. It's not the kind of movie I'll watch again and again, because it's pretty intense, but I'm delighted that I finally gave Braveheart a shot and I can see what all the fuss is about.
½ August 27, 2016
Los ideales, la libertad, son las bases de una verdadera vida ("Every man dies, not every man really lives"). Heroico, épico, en su totalidad. Críticas certeras a las "formalidades" y a los intereses egoístas. El miedo y el dolor como el único camino al triunfo (Wallace vs R Bruce). La codicia vs la entrega: el oro y la sangre.

Por momentos Gibson parece estar dirigiendo su futura película sobre la Pasión de Cristo. A ratos violenta y sosa (pasa del amor casi divino de su esposa al de la princesa), pero las reflexiones sobre la libertad y la lucha se mantienen a flote.
½ August 24, 2016
It was good but Mel Gibson should have survived the torture scene at the end
½ August 24, 2016
Very good film, very uplifting. Not a fan of Mel, otherwise dinner was pitch perfect
August 21, 2016
Ãpica, es larga pero no se siente, sentimos la ira y la valentía de William Wallace. La guerra está muy bien hecha, no me gustó mucho la historia de Angus Macfadyen y su padre.
August 21, 2016
Mel Gibson's Braveheart is one magnificent, unforgettable edge of your seat war drama!
August 18, 2016
This is my all time favorite movie!!! Very entertaining! When I was pregnant my husband and I watched this movie like at lease once a week maybe even more I couldn't get enough and now my son is William named after William Wallace!!
August 16, 2016
plodding, familiar and kinda dull.
jamrcla
½ July 29, 2016
One of if not the best Mel Gibson film starred and directed, In this near 3 hour film we expect some down time but in the first 30 minutes we have no real plot just a love story, But when it ends in tragedy finally the film starts, With some great very realistic battle scenes and for a while it's just battle scenes, Then betrayal happens and we have down time but we are so sucked into the story by then it's gripping and emotional, Mel Gibson was fantastic with his acting and directing, He made the filthy gritty 13th century come alive, My only downfall is it's too long and bum numbing but it's a classic and a must watch before you die.