Contact Reviews

• May 19, 2019

Not a totally amazing movie, but nonetheless it covers some ground that we normally don't think about. This movie raises some good questions without necessarily picking a side and ignorantly sticking to it. Th whole moral of the story is that you can't blindly not believe in god, especially someone like a scientist. It always baffles me how scientists who are some of the most open minded people, can so ignorantly not believe in god. But most of the times it's more than just "there's no evidence or data". It's that they've never had a transcendental experience or something that makes them believe that there is a god, however you want to put it. In Foster's character, it was that she lost both her parents at a really young age and probably thought to herself that theres no god. Because if there was a god, her parents would've still been alive. But going through that journey in the alien sphere, basically her going to heaven or into the afterlife (however people want to see it), she was able to see the beauty and realized that there has to be a god and that you have to have faith. The movie does a great job at not calling it being religious or part of a community or anything like that. The movie simply states that one must have faith and believe that there is something grater out there than just science and data that we can't really comprehend until we cease to exist. There's so much beauty in the world. I just can't even begin to imagine what the rest of the universe looks like. Probably something like that paradise that she visited during her journey. Hopefully it's something like that and much more. I guess we're just going to have to find out ourselves when the time is right. The visuals were spectacular. You can tell not a single dollar was wasted when creating the visuals like the planets and the wormholes and such. Beautiful movie with some really impactful and important messages. I'll have to watch this movie again sometime in the near future.

• May 13, 2019

amazing adaptation to the novel. deep and meaningful. it remains one of my most favourite movie of all time.

• Feb 26, 2019

Spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't watch this movie if you want to see aliens their actions or their planets. I watched this movie as a child and felt robbed.

• Jan 31, 2019

The best thrilling sci-fi movie ever made!

The best thrilling sci-fi movie ever made!

• Dec 28, 2018

Clever story with great acting - one of my favorites. ??

Clever story with great acting - one of my favorites. ??

• Dec 02, 2018

(94/100) I believe, personally, that Contact is an underrated gem. Contact challenges human thought, believes and asks the question: How would humans react to other life in the universe? Contact answers these questions and challenges in such a sophisticated way and brings everything together very nicely. The source material is of course great, and Robert Zemeckis and the writers really did a good job on the script and directing. The music by Alan Silvestri is memorable and beautiful. The CGI is a bit wonky, but it was the 90s so I'll let that slip. Overall Contact is an amazing movie about human morality, faith and understanding, again, I believe it is very underated. Go watch it now!

• Nov 15, 2018

Nice story but Jodie Foster was the wrong choice. I don't buy her acting

Nice story but Jodie Foster was the wrong choice. I don't buy her acting

• Oct 16, 2018

Robert Zemeckis's Contact is the thinking man's science fiction movie, massively underappreciated in my opinion . The opening shot which pans back into space, quietly humbling us by reminding our insignificance, the transmission and receiving of the signal, the machine and teleportation of Jodie Foster in it to meet the "makers", this film is filled with such scenes and joining them together is a fantastic story with an excellent pacing. Contact polarized critics but this is a very good film and features some great performances by Jodie Foster, Mathew Mcconaughey and others.

• Oct 12, 2018

Strong and beautiful.

Strong and beautiful.

• Oct 01, 2018

Good version of the book, but it omitted some interesting features.

Good version of the book, but it omitted some interesting features.