Behind Enemy Lines - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Behind Enemy Lines Reviews

February 19, 2017
i once considered this a great movie. it's still pretty awesome but is also dated at times and has some questionable parts. a few cheesy moments too. but lots of cool scenes. and fairly suspenseful throughout (about 3 viewings)
½ January 31, 2017
Great action sequences, including missile dash. Owen Wilson in a war action drama- I guess I've heard of crazier things. Surprisingly enjoyable if you're able to get past a few weird stylistic action moments and some unrealistic scenarios. Rating: 7.25 / 10
November 27, 2016
This movie getting 37% shows the ineptitude of film critics. It has withstood the test of time, and proven to be a memorable film for many.
½ November 19, 2016
Just because a star actor is in it doesn't make it a star movie. Enemy At The Gates was way way better!
½ October 13, 2016
Surprisingly intense and a believable performance by Owen Wilson as a soldier during wartime
October 12, 2016
A nifty, big budget action movie with suspense, and charisma from the somewhat out-of-place Owen Wilson.
October 10, 2016
Favorite Owen Wilson movie! A war movie unlike any other with Owen Wilson and Gene Hackman!
October 8, 2016
Good ideas that don't fully translate to the screen in this rousing tale. Perhaps a sign that the director had worked with video games previously. If you've seen the trailer - you've seen the movie.
½ August 26, 2016
Owen Wilson doesn't strike me as a war movie star but this was actually very entertaining. Gene Hackman was good as the admiral. The escape action never really slows down.
½ June 20, 2016
This is a pretty underrated film, in my opinion. It's pretty interesting to see Owen Wilson in a role other than the wise cracking jokester. He plays a Navy pilot that is shot down over enemy territory and is chased by a secret government agent and opposing troops. Gene Hackman provides a passionate performance as Wilson's commanding officer. Pretty enjoyable.
March 31, 2016
Decent to good performances along with mostly well-staged action sequences lift this to the realm of above average war film. As the title sugests an insorbordinate navigator is forced to endure a perilous chase through Serbia to a rescue point.
The usual death and destruction of standard war films follows: Brutal pursuers, friendly locals; Tanks, bombs and a minefield.
Gene Hackman is reliabley superb as the patriotic admiral, putting Americans first over politics.
February 28, 2016
A well made and enjoyable action film, but the gaps in the plot leave you wondering.
½ January 31, 2016
a sunday afternoon flick when nothing else is on.
January 18, 2016
Ok movie but not great
October 31, 2015
An insult to anyone ever in combat or the service. Just as bad as "The Green Berets"!
October 12, 2015
Lots of good action.
October 6, 2015
I enjoy this each time I watch it.
½ July 26, 2015
I LOVED THE STORYLINE BUT I HATED THE FILMING. I ALWAYS FELT DISSY. THE CAMARA WAS SPINNING AND I COULD NOT GET MY SELF GROUNDED. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A GREAT MOVIE IF IT WAS NOT FOR THAT.
July 19, 2015
A good action movie enough said.
June 13, 2015
So much goodness with this movie, wasn't expecting it.