Behind Enemy Lines - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Behind Enemy Lines Reviews

½ June 20, 2016
This is a pretty underrated film, in my opinion. It's pretty interesting to see Owen Wilson in a role other than the wise cracking jokester. He plays a Navy pilot that is shot down over enemy territory and is chased by a secret government agent and opposing troops. Gene Hackman provides a passionate performance as Wilson's commanding officer. Pretty enjoyable.
March 31, 2016
Decent to good performances along with mostly well-staged action sequences lift this to the realm of above average war film. As the title sugests an insorbordinate navigator is forced to endure a perilous chase through Serbia to a rescue point.
The usual death and destruction of standard war films follows: Brutal pursuers, friendly locals; Tanks, bombs and a minefield.
Gene Hackman is reliabley superb as the patriotic admiral, putting Americans first over politics.
February 28, 2016
A well made and enjoyable action film, but the gaps in the plot leave you wondering.
½ January 31, 2016
a sunday afternoon flick when nothing else is on.
January 18, 2016
Ok movie but not great
October 31, 2015
An insult to anyone ever in combat or the service. Just as bad as "The Green Berets"!
October 12, 2015
Lots of good action.
October 6, 2015
I enjoy this each time I watch it.
½ July 26, 2015
I LOVED THE STORYLINE BUT I HATED THE FILMING. I ALWAYS FELT DISSY. THE CAMARA WAS SPINNING AND I COULD NOT GET MY SELF GROUNDED. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A GREAT MOVIE IF IT WAS NOT FOR THAT.
July 19, 2015
A good action movie enough said.
June 13, 2015
So much goodness with this movie, wasn't expecting it.
½ June 7, 2015
A solid movie. While it lacks a lot of emotional depth, it's still pretty cool and entertaining.
½ June 3, 2015
Not a great war flick but a popcorn chomper type action war movie for the rah rah crowd.
½ May 16, 2015
Good thing Wilson stuck to comedies after this.
April 19, 2015
A little bit like watching a video game. This film is full of clich├ęs. One of only a few mediocre films that Gene Hackman has ever been in.
March 15, 2015
3/15/2015: A decent military flick. Some good actors and good action with an ok plot.
February 28, 2015
Though it has become a very popular film, I was not very interested during some parts of the film. It was okayish. Acting was fine, just too many lulls in the pacing.
February 27, 2015
Seen it the 4th time i gues , stays good...good actors and story ! A totally other side of Owen Wilson ! SOMDVD
½ February 21, 2015
Naval pilot is gunned down behind enemy lines in this predictable action pic.
January 21, 2015
Great war film! All the actor's do a great job with their roles, and the action is very intense! The character development at the beginning is a little off, but when they get into the jet, that's when the movie picks up. (No pun intended)