11:14 Reviews

• Jul 09, 2020

Three thumbs up. "11:14" is a perfect rubik's cube of dark comic happenstance, an ingenious improvement on Scorsese's "After Hours." Criminally uncelebrated.

• Apr 27, 2020

This movie went so fast like a speeding car on a freeway. It was so fast that a lot has happened to it and feels like if you will blinked in a moment, you'll miss a lot to the story. But the way it was directed has truly entertained me and got me hooked to it until the end. It also got my mind into a little analyzing to catch up its story. One of which is realizing that all characters of the movie were interconnected together as the story happens in one-time frame. The story's twist was well-written and tied-up together to deliver a good black comedy movie. The recceding flashback style of presentation was confusing and puzzling at first but it got me hooked and entertained to finished the movie. All of the casts gave wonderful performances like Hilary Swank, Patrick Swayze and Barbara Hershey. The best takeaway from 11:14 is probably bad decision-making leads to stupid misfortunes in life.

• Mar 22, 2020

Great plot, character performances and more twists than a pretzel.

Great plot, character performances and more twists than a pretzel.

• Dec 19, 2019

This one is all about plot, which involves about 10 different stories that all come together in the end. It's quite clever, but the characters are so juvenile and stupid that it was impossible to care about any of them. It's very much a teen movie, with lots of annoying pop music on the soundtrack. Nevertheless, it's tightly written, and the labyrinthine plot actually kept me interested. Writer and director Greg Marcks was 27 at the time, which explains the juvenile aspect of the film. But he did write a clever, twisty screenplay.

• Feb 16, 2019

Entertaining, but... Maybe I'll understand it if I watch it again .

Entertaining, but... Maybe I'll understand it if I watch it again .

• Dec 29, 2018

Interesting film that's stayed unheard of by me until now. A rather known casts, with many known names and they do deliver all right in a very fresh take of the multi narrative world of cinema. A man drives under the influence. All of a sudden, a body drops on his car, falling from a bridge. The game is on. The game of bad descitions. He is not the only one doing stupid choices here, as we get five stories that are all melted together in a comedy drama style with some very clever red threads and connections in this puzzling thriller gem. It's short so you stay interest the entire playtime. 20 minutes episodes that gives you every side of the story. The dead people, the cars, the money and all the connections will finally make some sort of sense after you watch them all. Some scenes are hystrical, others are nasty, some are dumb - in the matter of the acts the people in it do. I found it very enertertaining, not the deepest film but still a smart one. It's all about a silly, complicated story, that is reveald very smoothly. Clint Mansell does some early music work and the looks of it is all good. Not always hard to figure, but it sure gives you some "aha's" as you give it props for it's simple but effective, dark humorus presentation. After all you get a whole lot of story and knowledgement to many people and angles of the case, but you won't feel it's too much. I dig films like this - a huge hit for me! 8.5 out of 10 penises.

• Sep 24, 2018

Unexpected great film I really enjoyed this finely done movie

Unexpected great film I really enjoyed this finely done movie

• Aug 11, 2018

I like movies where different stories intersect, and this is a nice simple one, where all the questions find answers. Still, this journey doesn't bring you too far.

• Feb 14, 2018

There's no doubt about how completely unrealistic the series of events are, and many of the characters actions are certainly questionable (although perhaps not as unlikely as it may seem), but '11:14' is still cleverly put together and full of black humour. It probably won't blow you away and it's a little slow in places, but at the end of the day, it's still a lot of fun to see how things become so monumentally screwed up for a group of average people just trying to go about their business.

• Mar 26, 2017

You won't like this movie. It has many different stories all intertwined together but none related to the other. Pulp Fiction style. The stories are okay, but nothing to go nuts over. I enjoyed it once but never again.