Adam & Steve Reviews

• Dec 04, 2020

I was very pleasantly surprised and quite entertained by this quirky awkwardly hilarious gem. The opening scene in itself is priceless because Craig Chester's character dressed for goth night but it wasn't goth night and he falls instantly in love with this sleazy male stripper, does a bump or two of his cocaine when he was already jumpy and awkward and I honestly haven't laughed so hard because I love awkward humour and although I've never scene this actor before, Craig Chester's an instant favourite for me because of how unrestrained and perfectly awkward he is in this film (btw, he ends up in rehab for a long while especially for his first time doing cocaine and it was just a few bumps; that alone made me laugh) . It may not be to everyone's taste because humour is subjective; for example; I often say not everyone loved Raymond and Tool Time did perfectly describe Tim Allen for me but it had nothing to do with him being handy). For me, I much more appreciate the endlessly awkward and eccentric energy that drives this film, Adam & Steve; and I can say I'm sore today from the 90 minutes of uncontrollable laughing I endured; I laughed at pretty much every line and facial / physical expression Craig Chester does in this 1991 film; I can't believe it took me 30- years to discover him but I'm quite glad I did.

• May 26, 2015

Silly of course, kind of funny at times, yet utterly disgusting with some vomit and diarrhea involved, but never really became what it could been an exceptional laughing matter.

• Aug 03, 2014

Quite sweet I guess, but not sure what the moral of the story was

Quite sweet I guess, but not sure what the moral of the story was

• Jul 06, 2014

Not really good, but it does have some truly funny moments.

Not really good, but it does have some truly funny moments.

• May 31, 2013

UTTER guilty pleasure. I can (and have) watched this back to back with itself.

UTTER guilty pleasure. I can (and have) watched this back to back with itself.

• Feb 14, 2013

A film with a lot of potential, but doesn't quite work. The idea is great and if this had a better budget, with better acting and Judd Apatow at the helm, it would probably be great. However, here, it is bad direction, unrefined writing and some godawful acting. Moments of good, but lots of bad. A shame, but would be a great Apatow film.

• Feb 06, 2013

I rented this not knowing it was a gay movie, but I just thought what the hell and continued watching. It's OK, some of the characters and situations were silly and weird, and I mean in a cheesy way, and overall there's nothing really special in this movie (except maybe seeing a guy shit the floor with diarrhea), or maybe I'm not too familiar with gay cinema.

• Oct 04, 2012

Very funny movie & very memorable. Chris Kattan is the only good actor in the movie.

• Aug 14, 2012

Perfect at inducing enjoyable secondhand embarrassment but the musical number at the end sucks

• Jul 11, 2012

The best gay film I've ever seen.

The best gay film I've ever seen.