Wanted Reviews

• Sep 19, 2020

it's amazing!! my personal favorite, but don't expect reality in this movie

it's amazing!! my personal favorite, but don't expect reality in this movie

• Sep 13, 2020

Shooting a different definition of gunslinging action makes it captivating before taken further by the old twists and turns direction and well-casted performative wits of stylish intellectual execution, albeit the beginner's whine and suspicious prediction. (B)

• Sep 08, 2020

This is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I got halfway through and had to stop it was so awful (and I usually finish all movies I start). I can't believe this has a 71% fresh rating, and that top-name actors such as Angelina Jolie, James McAvoy, and Morgan Freeman agreed to be in this garbage. I generally like this kind of movie, and I have a lot of respect for the above-named actors, which is why I watched it. But the movie has horrible. Definitely do not recommend.

• Sep 08, 2020

Pretty good ok movie with Angelina Jolie.

Pretty good ok movie with Angelina Jolie.

• Jul 19, 2020

The special effects and camera people deserve applause. THEY earned their pay. The writers' adaption from an excellent graphic novel is terrible. Producers took the cover of the book "Wanted" to mislead ticket buyers into the box office. The same movie could be made without stealing characters 'in name only' from the "Wanted" comic. Hopefully, both Mark Millar and J.G. Jones were paid very well for their book being butchered by this screen treatment rip-off.

• Jul 17, 2020

A stylish and energic action blockbuster with solid performances, ridiculous and over-the-top action, and an absurd but thrilling premise.

• Jun 15, 2020

A great cast and excellent direction make this an above average entry in the "shoot them up" catalogue.

• May 18, 2020

Like some other adaptations of Mark Millar's graphic novels ("Kick-Ass" & "Kingsman: The Secret Service," most notably), "Wanted" is a smirking, witty and outlandish romp through a heightened world of ultra-violence and intrigue, featuring an everyman protagonist looking to escape from the doldrums of their mundane life. Damn it, I wish I'd seen this movie back when it was in theaters. 15-year-old me would've gone nuts for it. Even, 27-year-old me admires a lot of what this movie does, namely the action, which is stylishly helmed and incredibly creative from a set piece design standpoint. Some of the CGI does stray into "biting off a bit more than it can chew" territory, but all that does for me is make me wish even more that I'd seen this in 2008; when the visual effects in play would've likely impressed the hell out of me. Also, way to make one of the more underrated, yet still undeniably solid movies set in Chicago that I've seen in all my filmgoing days.

• Feb 18, 2020

Lost interest in the first 5 minutes.

Lost interest in the first 5 minutes.

• Feb 06, 2020

A great cast that created a joke.

A great cast that created a joke.