Deal Reviews

• Oct 18, 2014

I'm a fan of poker movies and I go easy on them I liked it it was cheesy it was predictable but it was fun and the poker scenes were decent some of them were good an overall decent film Grade B

• Feb 09, 2014

Deal lacks the pace and charm of Rounders, which is a superior sports film. Deal looks and feels low budget which works against it. If it were a poker hand i'd fold no second guessing.

• Sep 02, 2013

shallow poker movie...

shallow poker movie...

• May 21, 2013

It's called Deal. It's a movie about Texas Hold'em. Big surprise. The movie was good, I suppose. It didn't suck anyway. I liked the ending, it was predictable - but it was the ending I wanted so all was right with the world. ;)

• Jan 14, 2013

Entertaining yet without much content.

Entertaining yet without much content.

• Dec 05, 2012

I watched it recently, not too bad of a film ultimately. "Deal" stars Burt Reynolds as a retired poker player who sees a young player with potential. He trains him but they fall out with one another though they do reconcile. The film takes them into tournament play and they are the last two playing, Reynolds wins but later we find out that the young guy may've thrown the win to help his former mentor out. There is a poker tutorial included in the special features. 10/10

• Apr 25, 2012

Alex is a hot shot poker player with the talent but no experience,until Tommy Vinson a once great poker player comes out of retirement to tutor him in the ways of not only poker but in life itself..Seem familiar? Thats because this is basically just The Color of Money with Texas Hold "em instead of poker..still Burt Reynolds is pretty good playing a role so many have done before him.

• Apr 08, 2012

This wasn't too shabby, kinda reminded me of "21" Ending was predictable.

This wasn't too shabby, kinda reminded me of "21" Ending was predictable.

• Feb 05, 2012

Picked it up in a bargain bin. Should have put it down. Predictable. Poorly written. The poker tips in the additional features selection will bankrupt you. Terrible movie.

• Oct 22, 2011

Another poker movie with Burt Reynolds as a couch and Bret Harrison as a young promising player. Burt Reynolds is nice to look at. The plot is very predictable, except for a nice unexpected turn in the end if you have patience to see it. Generally, nothing special.