Quarantine - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Quarantine Reviews

July 25, 2017
Quarantine has a number of scares throughout but it can't supersede many of the other, more skillful horror movies in recent years, falling to the same conventions that most found-footage movies do.
July 8, 2017
Pretty boring throughout with poor ability to get you emotionally infested in any of the characters. When a little girl and a dog die without any sympathy you know you got a problem
½ June 30, 2017
Over dramatic acting, poor quality, predictable, all round terrible film that gets worse throughout! Don't bother wasting your life watching it.
May 26, 2017
Diving its game cast of zombie bait head first into the unnerving locale of an apartment building, Quarantine uses nail-biting tension and nonstop, brilliantly calibrated thrills to explore anxieties about confinement, adding up to a dizzyingly gory horror film that'll leave you breathless until the end credits.
May 22, 2017
Started to watch this, but could see where it was going...so decided not to waste my time.
½ May 22, 2017
This movie is very, very good! i could watch it all day and would never get tired of it. The way it is made is downright amazing!
DrStrangeblog
March 17, 2017
Gets off to a good start but devolves into the shakiest, most chaotic handheld can movies I've seen. There are some good scare us along the way , but but others so calculated that I knew when they were coming., like with the little girl and the dog in the elevator. That the people were total morons didn't help their cause either - would you touch someone that looked like they spent six weeks with the Ebola virus? Jennifer Carpender looks really good in a ponytail, I wish it were her hair that way during Dexter, and gives one of the most realistic for trails of pure terror during the last half hour. That said, she's constantly screaming and really grates on the movie experience. Add in that you're almost in complete darkness during that time, and becomes a real ordeal the reach the finish line. Even so, I won't let this dissuade me from watching the Mexican original which is no doubt superior as they often are.
½ February 25, 2017
Solid horror film. Not the best horror film ever, but not the worst either. Every character's fate, you can guess within 30 minutes of the film. Everyone is pretty stupid except the firefighter and the original caller. Dennis O'Hare is in here, so that scores some more points. Not by any means a must see, but it's still pretty effective by conjuring up some scares through the use of found footage.
January 27, 2017
Competently made but very dull, it's hard for me to pinpoint exactly why I didn't think Quarantine worked even though [Rec] did. Scenes are lifted almost exactly, but something is lacking in the execution, and they just don't feel scary - with the exception of the last 5 minutes or so, which comes close to capturing the level of fear of the last 5 minutes of the original film. In addition, Jennifer Carpenter lacks the charisma to carry a film like this imho. My opinion of this movie would vary drastically had I never seen the original, but it's hard for me to understand why this one needs to exist, being that I found it so much less freaky.
January 24, 2017
Quarantine, a unnrcessary remake.
October 24, 2016
This was a really bad movie. On top of being poorly directed, no story, no plot, it was shot in 1st person view, which was horrible. I gave a 2 rating. It had been on my list of luke-warm movies to view, but the disappointment was even greater than I bargained for. Poor lighting, poor acting and just poor movie-making all around. A far superior movie along the same lines came out 13 years earlier starring Dustin Hoffman. It was called "Outbreak". A far superior and far scarier movie.
August 3, 2016
This movie was awesome!! I recommend it for horror fans out there!! It's a great bloody movie! very interesting!
jamrcla
½ July 29, 2016
A frame to frame American version of [REC], Still pretty good but if you seen [REC] then you know what's coming and when, Only a few extra scenes added in but the Spanish original version is much more scarier, But if you haven't seen the original then maybe you will find it more enjoyable.
½ June 27, 2016
Did I mention how much some first person shooter movies bug the crap outta me?  This one sucked!  Oh and BTW filmmakers thanks for showing Mr. Monster in the trailer.  Brilliant on that one.  Not scary.  Very boring.  Do not waste your time.  Not recommended.
May 28, 2016
An admittedly decent remake of a classic horror movie. Quarantine is well shot and effectively scary in it's own right to stand up on it's own to it's predecessor.
May 23, 2016
I enjoyed this found footage movie. I understand it's a clone of the movie, "REC", but the fact that this had great scares and creepy moments makes me give the move credit.
May 15, 2016
An awful script with over-the-top and chaotic performances. Was it worth it? Yes. The audience I was with laughed out loud throughout the whole movie and I was very interested and entertained. I clearly cannot say the movie was "good" but if you are looking for a fun time and a no-brainer and you want to LAUGH and forget about the real world for an hour and a half, you should see it- especially around Halloween time.
April 25, 2016
Uninspired, yes, but Quarantine does offer compitent and solid found footage horror making, as well as a bloody and truly disturbing mess. I haven't seen [REC], the Spanish version released one year earlier, but I saw a few clips and I saw that some of these scenes were exactly remade. But in general, it's pretty entertaining, the performances are excellent, and I really loved Jay Hernandez in it. It's a scary gore fest that's sure to disturb you. Recommended !!
January 7, 2016
Pretty suspenseful but not really that good.