Quarantine - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Quarantine Reviews

October 24, 2016
This was a really bad movie. On top of being poorly directed, no story, no plot, it was shot in 1st person view, which was horrible. I gave a 2 rating. It had been on my list of luke-warm movies to view, but the disappointment was even greater than I bargained for. Poor lighting, poor acting and just poor movie-making all around. A far superior movie along the same lines came out 13 years earlier starring Dustin Hoffman. It was called "Outbreak". A far superior and far scarier movie.
August 3, 2016
This movie was awesome!! I recommend it for horror fans out there!! It's a great bloody movie! very interesting!
½ July 29, 2016
A frame to frame American version of [REC], Still pretty good but if you seen [REC] then you know what's coming and when, Only a few extra scenes added in but the Spanish original version is much more scarier, But if you haven't seen the original then maybe you will find it more enjoyable.
½ June 27, 2016
Did I mention how much some first person shooter movies bug the crap outta me?  This one sucked!  Oh and BTW filmmakers thanks for showing Mr. Monster in the trailer.  Brilliant on that one.  Not scary.  Very boring.  Do not waste your time.  Not recommended.
May 28, 2016
An admittedly decent remake of a classic horror movie. Quarantine is well shot and effectively scary in it's own right to stand up on it's own to it's predecessor.
May 23, 2016
I enjoyed this found footage movie. I understand it's a clone of the movie, "REC", but the fact that this had great scares and creepy moments makes me give the move credit.
May 15, 2016
An awful script with over-the-top and chaotic performances. Was it worth it? Yes. The audience I was with laughed out loud throughout the whole movie and I was very interested and entertained. I clearly cannot say the movie was "good" but if you are looking for a fun time and a no-brainer and you want to LAUGH and forget about the real world for an hour and a half, you should see it- especially around Halloween time.
April 25, 2016
Uninspired, yes, but Quarantine does offer compitent and solid found footage horror making, as well as a bloody and truly disturbing mess. I haven't seen [REC], the Spanish version released one year earlier, but I saw a few clips and I saw that some of these scenes were exactly remade. But in general, it's pretty entertaining, the performances are excellent, and I really loved Jay Hernandez in it. It's a scary gore fest that's sure to disturb you. Recommended !!
January 7, 2016
Pretty suspenseful but not really that good.
November 16, 2015
When seeing the trailer for Quarantine, I was honestly a bit curious for the remake of [REC], although I was very worried about it, knowing that the original is still the scariest found-footage horror film that I've seen. When I first watched it, I remember loathing that movie and to the point that I actually wondering about what I see in the original that the remake missed. So years later, I decide to watch it again for review reasons and is very cooled down. After watching it again, I wasn't as infuriated as the first time I watched this, but I was still mad at it though and didn't understand what the original was like. The good things that I can from the film, are the beginning is really not bad. It has some funny moments, and I was smiling at it, thinking maybe I was being too harsh on it. It does have some decent make-up effects, but after that, that's when I start being irritated. The characters are complete morons, and some people are really mean-spirited that I just didn't care for any of the characters. While the scares are mostly the same as the original, it wasn't handled very well that made me terrified, and even the surprise scares didn't effect me. The surprise moments in the original are wasted here and the way the script says it, really made me know where it's going, even if I didn't watched the original. The acting is very mediocre, even Jennifer Carpenter who surprisingly was overdoing her screams, which came up as acting like a cartoon character. As a big fan of the REC series, Quarantine doesn't come anywhere near those films, it's even worse than the third REC which at least from that, I can find more good things about it then this pointless money-grubbing remake.
½ October 19, 2015
A bit of a pointless remake of a great film (rec), but had a couple of nice additions to the original. No where near as terrifying as rec and seemed somewhat over acted. The lighting and handheld camera techniques also seemed too clean and polished. Nice stunts and make up though.
Enjoyable to an extent but I would stick with the original.
September 28, 2015
Since I only managed to build up the courage to watch few horror movies, I deeply regret 'Quarantine' was one of them. This movie has nothing to show but uninspired jump scares, and a cliche plot.
September 26, 2015
One of the best found footage horror films since "The Blair Witch Project." All killer, no filler.
September 5, 2015
its still a very good movie
½ August 24, 2015
Pretty much exactly the same as REC but without the atmosphere and authentic-feel. It's still pretty scary, though.
July 10, 2015
Horror Wed..
Quarantine is a great zombie flick. I usually dont dig these new hand held camera flicks, but this one hit a cord...Could it be the really hot chick thats the main lead, the cool gory effects, the witty dialogue, or seeing Doug Jones in another creepy role...watch quick or you might miss him....whatever it is this "zombie" flick is worth checking out..Oh and don't cry over Willard, he finally gets his just reward:>
July 2, 2015
Fans of REC: might be disappointed. I saw this first and think both are scary as hell.
June 27, 2015
Claustrophobic and somewhat noisy American remake of the Spanish horror flick [Rec}, it has some effectively creepy and bloody sequences and is actually pretty scary at times. The acting is strong and the direction purposeful, It's a good remake that I liked better than the original that was dubbed in English, and not very well.
June 20, 2015
Not All Bad, A Bit Video-Game Gore At Times. The Found-Footage, Shakey-Camera Work, Adds A Certain Car-Accident In-Motion Flare. You'd Want To Look Away, But Like Any Rubber-Necker, It's Hard Not To Just Take A Peek. Even At Its Worst, It's Still A Pretty Good Scare.