1408 Reviews

• Sep 01, 2019

I watched this movie with my frieds when I was a student. At the beginning, we were freakened, but later we strted laghing and then got bored. I like the idea that the hotel itself is evil and tries to drive people to commit suicide. 若かりし日に友達とみて、初めはみな怖がっていたのに途中から首をかしげはじめ、最後の方はもういいから終わらないかな等と話していたことを覚えている。

• Aug 15, 2019

MEMORABLE, CHILLING, THRILLING. I RECOMMEND WHOEVER WANTED TO WATCH IT. I WOULD LIKE THE END MORE CREEPING AND NOT A HAPPY END.

• Aug 11, 2019

Great story! Effective suspense! Could've done without the language used.

Great story! Effective suspense! Could've done without the language used.

• Aug 07, 2019

I thought this was a good psychological horror film for sure....

I thought this was a good psychological horror film for sure....

• Jul 14, 2019

Very eerie feel throughout. First half is better than the second half.

Very eerie feel throughout. First half is better than the second half.

• Jun 22, 2019

Brilliant horror film!! Scared me to death. I'm dreading my next stay in a hotel on my own. Great story by Mr.King, I thought it was just hotel bills that were evil but now I believe there are evil hotel rooms too. Loved it

• Jun 20, 2019

An effectively creepy, suspenseful, and claustrophobic movie with a great performance from John Cusack, even if it gets a little convoluted at the end.

• May 16, 2019

An actually more thrilling adventure than Paranormal Activity and of course it being a Stephen King adaptation

• Mar 28, 2019

Based on a short story by Master of Horror Stephen King, 1408 is the kind of supernatural thriller that succeeds through psychological torture rather than cheap jump scares or gore. Directed by Academy Award nominee Mikael Hafstrom, every inch of the movie is masterfully designed to suck you in, keep you on the edge of your seat, and terrify you with each turn. John Cusack gives a riveting performance as Mike Enslin, an author and paranormal investigator who doesnâ(TM)t actually believe in the paranormal. Though he himself has never seen a spectre, he does his due diligence in staying overnight at supposedly haunted houses, hotels, lighthouses and more to cultivate spooky dime store paperbacks for his small but loyal fanbase. His career brings him to the Dolphin Hotel in New York City, where room 1408 has claimed 56 souls in its 95-year history. Despite being closed to patrons for decades under its current manager, the room still claims the occasional victim during its monthly cleanings. What is 1408? Itâ(TM)s not a haunting. Thereâ(TM)s no demon, ghost, killer, or poltergeist. The hotel manager, portrayed by Samuel L. Jackson, sums it up perfectly. âItâ(TM)s an evil fucking room.â? Despite Jacksonâ(TM)s best efforts to dissuade him, Enslin insists on staying the night in the room which no one has ever lasted longer than an hour within. Over the course of his stay, Enslin is drawn further and further down the Kafkaesque rabbit hole of eerie happenings and close encounters with the otherworldly. From phantom confrontations with the roomâ(TM)s previous occupants, to bizarre indoor weather phenomena, events donâ(TM)t reach the peak of horrify until they start to mirror his personal life and innermost demons. There are only a handful of characters in the film, which gives us more time to develop a relationship with the Enslin. As with all truly great horror films, the film succeeds in the human element, constructing a believable and relatable protagonist which Cusack perfectly encapsulates. Heâ(TM)s intelligent and has a quick wit about him, but he is also cynical and plagued by the baggage of his failed family unit. An emotional encounter with his deceased daughter is by far one of the most chilling and truly horrific scenes I have ever witnessed. The Oscar-winning musical genius of Gabriel Yared puts together a hauntingly beautiful score that transcends the horror genre and entrances the viewer, pulling on all the right heartstrings at all the right moments. Yaredâ(TM)s work fuses with masterful cinematography from Benoit Delhomme and shamefully underappreciated production design by Andrew Laws to fully immerse the viewer in this instant horror classic.

• Feb 07, 2019

He made a small cheat for 1408 MOD 9 to give 13 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In fact 1408 MOD 9 = 4. And 13 MOD 9 = 4 also.