2012 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Page 1 of 1960
December 5, 2017
Meh. Entertaining sometimes.
½ November 30, 2017
The plot was horrible and surlier where it should have been somewhat pragmatic like 'The Day After Tomorrow". Suffice to describe the visual effects are awesome and the cast does their best to keep the going as tough as possible.
½ November 29, 2017
This movie is alright. Nothing to get too excited over. the best part of these types of movies is always the over the top CGI destruction.
½ November 18, 2017
That was more enjoyable than it should have been.
November 18, 2017
This was SO fun to watch. Can't even give it a bad rating because of how enjoyable it was. This is the holy grail of bad movies to play drinking games with.
- every time you're in disbelief that JOHN CUSACK is the actual hero of this movie
- every time Cusack + friends just barely outrun the literal collapse of a a continent or a tsunami (seriously, it happens at least 4 times)
- every time someone in the Cusack + friends club has an absurdly convenient skill for no reason pertaining to the character's personality (ex. being able to fly a plane)
- every time a piece of dialogue is mirrored with a catastrophic event (ex. "there's something pulling us apart")
- every time Woody Harrelson eats something pickled, talks about pickling/fermentation or shows his fermentation jars
- every time you agree with the "villain" (Oliver Platt)
- every time the scientists' predictions are completely wrong
- every time the scientists claim their predictions must be meticulously followed despite the fact that they have all been completely wrong
- every time John Cusack would 100% have died
November 18, 2017
One of my favorite movies!
November 4, 2017
A completely ridiculous movie, one of many Roland Emmerich's trademark world ending event. Nothing induces mass hysteria more by relying on pseudoscience to show that the Sun's activity in 2012 would completely wreck the world apart. Some naive audiences commented after the movie ended that they were considering moving to Africa, where in the movie was unaffected by the apocalypse.
½ October 20, 2017
great action flick with predictable story. the CGI holds this film together.
½ October 13, 2017
Enjoyable entertaining end of the world flick!
October 3, 2017
This movie is amazing and if you watched it before 2012 made it even better!!
September 26, 2017
My Favorite Disaster Film Is 1997's Titanic.
September 15, 2017
The running time is a bit long for sure, but 2012 has amazing visual effects as well as intense and exciting apocalyptic scenes that keep you entertained.
September 7, 2017
The plot is thinner and worse than The Day After Tomorrow, but the wonderful CGI saved this film.
September 5, 2017
Thought the movie was good not great. Good action and I like Oliver Platt he plays a great prick.
½ August 12, 2017
Roland Emmerich might be good in delivering world wide destruction, but when it comes to storytelling, he lacks of it. "2012" would have been a great, thrilling movie if it weren't for it's out of date, self-aware humor and it's stereotypical characters. Plus it's too long and too coincidental when certain characters meet. How can a movie about the end of the world be so boring? A missed opportunity.
August 8, 2017
Fun action film and one of the best 'End of the World' themed movies I've watched
July 26, 2017
Dear God, this movie was stupid. Maybe it's just my extreme distaste for junk science and annoying main characters. I don't know. But don't waste three and a half hours of your life watching this. It drags on and on and on. It's nothing but eye candy (which is actually pretty good, by the way). The only thing I really liked besides the awesome special effects was the philosophical question propelling the whole thing forward: if the world ever came to an end, how will we choose the survivors? Wealth? Power? Fame? Or character?
It had potential, I'll give it that much. But it didn't carry it through. I found myself laughing throughout most of it because it was so badly done and wasted time almost pointlessly. It brings in random people, makes a big deal about them, and then kills them off, without explaining anything about the character or why they're important. It's really just a big special effects fest.
If you enjoy films with lots of eye candy and destruction, then you'll probably like this. But if you're looking for a good, intelligent, thought-provoking movie, this isn't it.
I gave it two-and-a-half stars for great special effects, decent acting, and potential. I personally didn't like it, but that's just me. If you don't mind a film being more "brawn" than "brains", then you will probably not hate it. But I don't think anyone will love it.
July 9, 2017
For me it is a very good disaster movie
½ July 7, 2017
story is not that good, you don't give a #### actors, but it a giant popcorn movie that you can have allot of fun
July 5, 2017
CAN'T WAIT, I want to see what all the exitement about this movie really is :) looks great!
Page 1 of 1960