2012 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

2012 Reviews

Page 1 of 1958
½ March 16, 2017
Absolutely ridiculous. Should be a little kids movie. Joke. Switched off after 45 mins.
½ March 9, 2017
The plot is thinner and worse than The Day After Tomorrow, but the wonderful CGI saved this film.
½ March 7, 2017
There are some truly intense scenes of disaster movie carnage and I think the right ingredients are here but Roland Emmerich's typical directorial faults hamper it a great deal; with far too much jarring comic relief and a reach far greater than its grasp.
½ February 23, 2017
I'm always in the mood for big dumb disaster movie. This just might be too dumb even for me. With no interesting characters there's way too little to keep audience entertainet for two hours. All the destruction suffers from "Transformers effect". After a while it gets numb.

At least we learned that apocalypse can cure bedwetting, though.
February 22, 2017
Its okay but I've seen far better.
½ February 2, 2017
It's good movie to watch
January 21, 2017
The first time I saw this movie when I was 7, I was scared to death. But after watching it a few more times of watching it as I grew older, I started to like this movie, transforming it from a horrible movie to a really good movie.
½ January 5, 2017
Typical scenes of catastrophic kind to Roland Emmerich. Expectations had to be exorbitant given the plot and the story, but very obvious and banal of some scenes, where the fortune could not save you from the end of the world
½ December 30, 2016
A visually impressive, lackluster apocalypse film.
½ December 27, 2016
Great sad disaster movie starring some random white guy, sorry but not racist just fact, I've never seen him in any movie ever. But all jokes aside this is a very sad movie, it's depressing and that's what I expected but not in the way in expected, I thought just by the first 15 minutes that this would be a boring slow cheesy movie but no it surprised me and the story is good, the world turns into waterworld, ha another joke / allusion waterworld could be the sequel to this movie but sadly no it can't, I want it to be but no, too good of technology in this movie. The depressing factor in this movie is phenomenal y good, not in I like depressing things but how this movie shows it I buy into it and get the feels from this movie that this is actually happening in the world but we have something much worse now, I'm not going to tell you but maybe one difference is that in this movie 2 billion people die, well I hope not that 2 billion or more die.
November 10, 2016
this might just be the most retarded and most stupid movie i have ever seen. its so unrealistic its almost hilarious. and all the fake stupid ''funny'' moments, are so fucking cringe-worthy.. i really tried to like this movie, but its really fucking terrible lol.
½ October 21, 2016
An overwhelming end of the world experience!
½ September 22, 2016
The Christian prophecy of a future apocalypse won't be a global flood as God promised it won't happen again, as Jesus will return and rule the world after defeating Satan, and then transforming human and Earth into peace-loving harmonies, living on technology on another level: mind over matter - let there be food of your choice appear out of nowhere by just saying the Words. Visual disaster effects seemed focused on the American family escapees, and not from other individuals of families from other nations in their attempt to escape disaster. The thunderous sound effects of vehicles and natural disasters are good on my studio wired headphones connected to stereo receiver ;;
½ August 26, 2016
Nice characters but not enough to boost this movie ranking any higher
August 24, 2016
20% - Roland Emmerich's 2012 has decent visual effects but absolutely nothing else.
½ August 9, 2016
Roland Emmerich's 2012 transfere bons efeitos visuais e ótimas sequencias,mesmo assim é prejudicado pelo roteiro ridículo e horrível.
August 7, 2016
I liked this movie, thought it was pretty good.
½ August 4, 2016
This movie is horrible on every level except one: the visuals.
The destruction scenes are fantastic. The cgi is amazing and I get goosebumps when I watch those parts of the movie
But...that's the only good part about this movie. The plot is an interesting idea, but bad execution. Characters are shallow and don't develop over the course of the movie. And the cliche's...oh the cliche's. Every cliche you can think of in an end-of-the-world movie happens.

If you want a movie with amazing visuals, this movie is for you.
But beware the lack of plot and character depth.
August 4, 2016
2012 is one of the best disaster films ever. I couldn't believe all of the action and fear that this film brought. John Cusack was made to play the main role in this movie. This movie is unforgettable and unbelievable. I would very much suggest this movie.
½ August 2, 2016
Is the story good? No. Is it entertaining? ABSOLUTELY!
Page 1 of 1958