2012 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

2012 Reviews

Page 1 of 1958
November 12, 2016
This movie shows how the government can hide some big secrets, and assassinate whoever tries to open their mouth.
Really enjoyed watching it!??????
November 10, 2016
this might just be the most retarded and most stupid movie i have ever seen. its so unrealistic its almost hilarious. and all the fake stupid ''funny'' moments, are so fucking cringe-worthy.. i really tried to like this movie, but its really fucking terrible lol.
½ October 21, 2016
An overwhelming end of the world experience!
½ September 22, 2016
The Christian prophecy of a future apocalypse won't be a global flood as God promised it won't happen again, as Jesus will return and rule the world after defeating Satan, and then transforming human and Earth into peace-loving harmonies, living on technology on another level: mind over matter - let there be food of your choice appear out of nowhere by just saying the Words. Visual disaster effects seemed focused on the American family escapees, and not from other individuals of families from other nations in their attempt to escape disaster. The thunderous sound effects of vehicles and natural disasters are good on my studio wired headphones connected to stereo receiver ;;
½ August 26, 2016
Nice characters but not enough to boost this movie ranking any higher
August 24, 2016
20% - Roland Emmerich's 2012 has decent visual effects but absolutely nothing else.
½ August 9, 2016
Roland Emmerich's 2012 transfere bons efeitos visuais e ótimas sequencias,mesmo assim é prejudicado pelo roteiro ridículo e horrível.
August 7, 2016
I liked this movie, thought it was pretty good.
½ August 4, 2016
Overly long and boring film with great destruction scenes.
½ August 4, 2016
This movie is horrible on every level except one: the visuals.
The destruction scenes are fantastic. The cgi is amazing and I get goosebumps when I watch those parts of the movie
But...that's the only good part about this movie. The plot is an interesting idea, but bad execution. Characters are shallow and don't develop over the course of the movie. And the cliche's...oh the cliche's. Every cliche you can think of in an end-of-the-world movie happens.

If you want a movie with amazing visuals, this movie is for you.
But beware the lack of plot and character depth.
August 4, 2016
2012 is one of the best disaster films ever. I couldn't believe all of the action and fear that this film brought. John Cusack was made to play the main role in this movie. This movie is unforgettable and unbelievable. I would very much suggest this movie.
½ August 2, 2016
Is the story good? No. Is it entertaining? ABSOLUTELY!
August 1, 2016
Was a pretty good movie, normal end of the world type stuff. It was just way too sad for me. I would've rated it 3 stars, but it was too sad, so I rated it 2 stars.
July 24, 2016
Impressive graphics and special effects, plus affable characters make this worth seeing.
½ July 16, 2016
I thinks this is a great film which teach all of us how to save our environment to children and grand children. As simple as that.
July 13, 2016
I can't watch it won't let me
July 12, 2016
A must see!!! The absolute best of the disaster genre and a much smarter film that it's given credit for! Roland Emmerich is one of the best writer/directors of all time! Guy knows how to entertain, period!
June 26, 2016
While it may have the occasional fun sequence, 2012 is too self-serious for it's own good - as well as having characters and acting that are boring, stale and wooden. The implausibility of the events is to the point of ridiculousness.
June 20, 2016
This disaster flick really goes for the brass ring and tries to destroy the entire world. The concept for the plot is interesting as solar radiation is heating up the earth's core. The action sequences are fairly good and the special effects are excellent. The veiled message at the end comes across as almost too "in your face" though, much like in "The Day After Tomorrow." As disaster films go, however, this one isn't the worst.
½ June 20, 2016
This is a horrible movie. The plot really have potential to create something smart and special, but because of horrible writing and mediocre directing from Roland Emmerich, it just becomes another big scaled disaster movie. The characters are definitely the worst thing about this movie, because they are so uninteresting and the acting is so bad. John Cusack's character is so horribly written that Cusack himself, didn't even bother giving a somewhat acceptable performance. Woody Harrelson just plays Woody Harrelson, and while that may not be a bad thing, his character is just as insane and crappy written as every other character. Chiwetel Ejiofor is the only actor who gives a somewhat good performance in this movie, but his character is really just there for exposition and to narrate the various events that go down in the movie. The effects on the other hand are spectacular and follow the trail of great effects in Emmerich's movies, except for "Godzilla," of course. In the end, this is a really bad movie with some bad writing and badly written characters. Still excited for "Independence Day: Resurgence," though...
Page 1 of 1958